• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which Rubber Is The Best - how to choose a good and suitable rubber

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
My rubber had done 36,000km so far and I am planning to change them. How does one choose a good tyre? Currently this Dunlop comes with the car and I am not so happy with it as during rain and wet condition I tend to have this "don't feel safe and no confidence while cornering" feeling. I guess it slipped a few times when condition was wet.

I have been using Michelin PS2 and Primacy 2 previously and I have to say I like them, now Michelin has PS3 and Primacy 3. However since I am planning to change I thought I like to hear from some of your views. My concern to choose a new type is good road holding in wet condition (its raining season now and most of you know how its like here when it rains) and the other thing I am looking for is quietness. I know from past experience good road holding will be noise while quiet rubber are not good in wet condition as there is a tradeoff. So far I find PS2 is very well balanced and I liked it but if there is another choice I will go for it.

One thing for sure I have no idea now to read the specs:

Michelin PS3 - http://www.michelin.co.th/then/Products-Services/Car-SUV-LT/passenger_car/PILOT_SPORT_3.html

Michelin Primacy 3 - http://www.michelin.co.th/then/Products-Services/Car-SUV-LT/passenger_car/PRIMACY_3_ST.html

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1zvbzp2.png

No horse run. But raw still the best. Like eating sashimi :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This is a serious thread. Its raining season now and its time to change to a nice set of rubber. Please be serious!

(can upz my points later if you had benefited from this thread)

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This is a serious thread. Its raining season now and its time to change to a nice set of rubber. Please be serious!

Joe, when it comes to rubber, it is always a compromise. If you want wet grip, you'll sacrifice in other areas eg road noise, longevity and dry handling.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
so what would be the happy medium?.....i'm interested too. Cant compromise on tyres and safety.

Joe, when it comes to rubber, it is always a compromise. If you want wet grip, you'll sacrifice in other areas eg road noise, longevity and dry handling.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Thank you boss. Any particular brand and model you like and the reason? The car is a quiet sedan.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
so what would be the happy medium?.....i'm interested too. Cant compromise on tyres and safety.

Based on my experience, the best wet tyre that I have used is the Dunlop SP Sport. The wet weather grip was fantastic.

http://www.dunlop.eu/dunlop_euen/tires/passenger/sp-fastresponse/

However, they lasted only about 25,000 km before the tread was no longer effective.

The worst wet weather tyre is ANY tyre that has less than 50% of tread left so the best advice for Joe is to install NEW tyres in wet weather regardless of what make or model. The tread depth is at its maximum and water displacement at speed is therefore at its most effective.

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is serious. Raw means war! If never use rubber, can result in STDs or unwanted pregnancies. Then go home spread to innocent family members. My rubber is more important than your rubber. If your rubber fails, at most lang gar :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Based on my experience, the best wet tyre that I have used is the Dunlop SP Sport. The wet weather grip was fantastic.

http://www.dunlop.eu/dunlop_euen/tires/passenger/sp-fastresponse/

However, they lasted only about 25,000 km before the tread was no longer effective.

The worst wet weather tyre is ANY tyre that has less than 50% of tread left so the best advice for Joe is to install NEW tyres in wet weather regardless of what make or model. The tread depth is at its maximum and water displacement at speed is therefore at its most effective.

Thank you and that's a very unbiased comment above, I like it.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Thank you and that's a very unbiased comment above, I like it.

As the host, it is my responsibility to make the most well informed and balanced comments in this forum on all subjects.

When it comes to politics, my lack of bias is legendary. I stick to the facts and make level headed judgements and avoid allowing emotions to cloud my responses.

hornylee

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This post will soon be inducted into the hall of fame in the 'not blue pill ' thread.

As the host, it is my responsibility to make the most well informed and balanced comments in this forum on all subjects.

When it comes to politics, my lack of bias is legendary. I stick to the facts and make level headed judgements and avoid allowing emotions to cloud my responses.

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal
my opinion

Worst - dunlop , feels less grip in wet weather

Best - michelin , best grip but a little bit noisy

Personal preferred - continental & hankook , not so noisy and decent grip

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
my opinion

Worst - dunlop , feels less grip in wet weather

Best - michelin , best grip but a little bit noisy

Personal preferred - continental & hankook , not so noisy and decent grip

It has nothing to do with tyre brands. It's about the tread pattern and the compound.

You need to be more specific. Which Michelin tyre model are you referring to?