• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

☆ Barclays Premier League Season 2014-15 ☆

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

QPR complete Caulker signing

437631_heroa.jpg

Jul 22, 2014 17:44:00

The 22-year-old was also the subject of significant interest from Southampton but has opted to move to Loftus Road and partner in defence with Rio Ferdinand

QPR have revealed they have completed the signing of Steven Caulker in a deal believed to be worth €10 million.

Earlier on Tuesday the 22-year-old was undergoing a medical ahead of a move to Loftus Road and club chairman Tony Fernandes later confirmed the transfer has been finalised.

BtKYGpUIYAAOXO2.jpg
BtKYGpUIYAAOXO2.jpg
Caulker was also the subject of significant interest from Southampton but has ultimately taken the opportunity to reunite with former boss Harry Redknapp and partner in defence with fellow summer signing Rio Ferdinand.

The former Tottenham youngster signed for Cardiff last summer for €10m after impressing on loan at Welsh rivals Swansea City, making 38 Premier League appearances as the Bluebirds were relegated.

On the announcement of the deal, Caulker told QPR's official website: "Harry [Redknapp] was a big factor for me, having worked with him at Tottenham.

"He was very keen for me to join and that was a big plus, knowing the manager wants you.

"Being able to play with Rio was also a big draw. He has been a role model of mine for many years, along with Ledley King. To have the opportunity to play alongside him was something I felt I couldn’t miss out on.

"Our first aim this season has to be to get to 40 points, to make sure we stay up. That’s our first goal."

Redknapp added: "Steven’s a top player, so we’re delighted to have him at QPR.

"I know the ability he has and I think it’s an important signing for the club – for the here and now, and for the future. I had him at Tottenham and I was very surprised when they decided to let him go last summer, because I thought he had a big future there.

"He’s young; he’s a good age; he’s already a fine player but he has so much more potential – it’s a really excellent signing for the club.

"When good players like Steven become available, who can come in and have a real impact, you’ve got to try and get them.

"I’m sure he will come in and show exactly what he’s capable of – he’s got everything to be a top, top centre-half, so I couldn’t be more pleased to have him."

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

'Hummels to Manchester United for €20m? Forget it' - Klopp

342759_heroa.jpg

Jul 22, 2014 11:52:00

Reports have linked the World Cup winner with a move to Old Trafford but the Borussia Dortmund boss is confident both he and Marco Reus want to stay

Borussia Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp has dismissed speculation that defender Mats Hummels could join Manchester United this summer.

The Red Devils had been linked with a €20 million move for the Germany international, with Louis van Gaal keen to rebuild a central defence that lost Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic in the off-season.

But Klopp has laughed off suggestions that he could lose the World Cup winner, as well as attacker Marco Reus, who has been linked with Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich.

"I can assure you that there are no signs that one of them wants to leave us," the BVB boss told Ruhr Nachrichten.

"Mats joining Manchester United? For €20 million? For such little money you can forget that immediately!"

Van Gaal included Hummels on his six-man shortlist for summer targets before officially taking the role last week.

Meanwhile, United chief exectuive Ed Woodward has told fans to "watch this space" as Van Gaal looks to bolster his squad ahead of the new season.

Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera have both already arrived at Old Trafford, while Goal understands Juventus star Arturo Vidal and Everton midfielder James McCarthy are also targets.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chelsea will challenge for Premier League and Champions League, insists Mourinho

436942_heroa.jpg

By Liam Twomey
Jul 22, 2014 16:56:00

The Blues finished four points off Manchester City last season and reached the semi-finals of Europe's elite club competition, and their manager believes they are stronger now

Jose Mourinho insists Chelsea are capable of taking the Premier League title from Manchester City while also competing in the latter stages of the Champions League this season.

The Blues finished third in the league last season, four points behind eventual winners City, while Atletico Madrid ended their run in Europe's elite club competition at the semi-final stage.

Mourinho spent most of the campaign managing public expectations of his young team, at one stage even labelling Chelsea the "little horse" in the Premier League title race.

But the high-profile additions of Diego Costa, Cesc Fabregas, Thibaut Courtois and Filipe Luis to an already formidable squad have prompted Mourinho to be much more confident in his team's chances this time around.

When asked if Chelsea were capable of taking the title off City during the club's pre-season training camp in Austria, the Portuguese replied: "If I didn’t think that way I would go home and let somebody else take charge of the team.

"People can speak about other leagues but England is the only country where five or six teams can win the title. Football is about competitiveness every weekend and that only happens in the Premier League.

"When you have the two Manchester clubs, the three clubs from London – Tottenham, Arsenal and ourselves – plus Liverpool, that’s six top teams, where all of them can win the title. That’s why everybody loves the Premier League.

"At Chelsea, if we didn’t think we could win the league, or didn’t think we had the quality to do it, we wouldn’t be here working so hard. We respect our opponents and their ambitions, because they have the same ambitions as us, but we want to win the Premier League and we are ready for that."

Mourinho also believes the Blues will be able to put up an even stronger showing in the Champions League this season with their new signings and January purchases Nemanja Matic and Mohamed Salah available.

"Last year we reached the semi-finals and it was a transitional season," he added.

"A team which has been a winning team for 10 seasons is changing step by step, we’ve bought new players and we are trying to build for the next decade. We had a very young team at the time but, even so, we reached the semi-finals and were playing to win the competition.

"This season we think we are going to be stronger, the younger players are more experienced, they are stable and better adapted to fighting for titles. You look around, to Spain, Germany and elsewhere in England, teams are getting stronger, spending big amounts of money and trying to sign the best possible players.

"We will go to the Champions League group stage with one objective: to qualify. When you reach the last 16 let’s see what happens."

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew grateful to generous Sunderland fans in wake of MH17 plane tragedy

Alan Pardew has thanked Sunderland fans who raised almost £20,000 in the memory of the two Newcastle supporters killed in the Malaysia Airlines MH17 plane disaster

alan_pardew_2981278b.jpg

Humbled by tragedy: a solemn looking Alan Pardew takes a training session in Dunedin New Zealand Photo: GETTY IMAGES

By Luke Edwards
11:31AM BST 21 Jul 2014

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has thanked the supporters of local rivals Sunderland who have raised almost £20,000 in the memory of the two supporters killed when the Malaysia Airlines MH17 crashed in Ukraine.

John Alder and Liam Sweeney were on the plane that was shot down last week as they were travelling out to watch Newcastle’s pre-season tour of New Zealand.

Although the rivalry between the two north-east clubs is among the most ferocious in English football, Sunderland fans have been deeply moved by the tragedy.

An appeal for donations for a floral tribute to the two men has raised a huge sum of money that the families of the two men have asked to be given to the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.

“There’s a lot made of the rivalry between the two cities,” said Pardew. “Of course that is there, but it has always been on competitive level.

“I’d like to thank all of the Sunderland fans who have paid tribute. And actually raise a staggering amount of money already.

“I am very proud of Sunderland for the way they have conducted it and I want to thank them.”

The Sunderland supporter responsible for setting up the online donation appeal, Gary Ferguson, said he had been overwhelmed by the response.

“These were proper fans,” he told The Journal. “They were going to New Zealand to support their team. That’s what really resonated with me and with everyone else.

“I’m a Sunderland season ticket holder and I never miss a home game, but these were real loyal supporters. People might be surprised with the rivalry, but I haven’t had any negative responses at all.

Pardew hopes his Newcastle side can pay a fitting tribute to the two supporters killed on their way to support them by having a successful season.

"None of us would be sitting here without the fans,” he said. “Owners and managers come and go, as do players, but the fans are always there, and these two guys in particular, to go to the lengths that they did to get out here, has brought home just how important supporters are to us.

“Sometimes when you lose lives in that manner, it puts into context what we do. This season we want to give their families something to remember them by, by having a successful season.”

On Sunday, Newcastle fans’ group The Football Social called for fans from of all the region’s clubs to attend the club's first home match of the new season, a friendly against Manchester City as a fitting tribute to Mr Alder and Mr Sweeney.

A Twitter post said: “John and Liam would have been attending this friendly match, so let’s get behind them and show them that we are supporting them and their friends and family, put your rivalry behind you and attend this match whether you are a Sunderland fan or any other fan.”

The fans added: “Divided by rivalry but united by grief.”

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pellegrini: Manchester City squad is not yet complete

434800_heroa.jpg

By Harry Sherlock
Jul 23, 2014 12:51:00

The Premier League champions have already signed three players this summer but the Chilean is not yet satisfied with his team, with Alvaro Negredo ruled out for up to three months

Manuel Pellegrini has hinted that Manchester City will add to their squad before the close of the transfer window as they continue to prepare for the 2014-15 season.

City have already acquired Willy Caballero, Fernando and Bacary Sagna from Malaga, Porto and Arsenal respectively but are interested in a big-money move for Fernando's former club-mate Eliaquim Mangala, as they seek to strengthen their defence.

And Pellegrini concedes he is not yet satisfied with his squad, though he does not intend to rush into any deals.

"I don't think the squad is complete yet but we have six weeks before the transfer window closes," the Chilean told reporters at a press conference ahead of a pre-season clash with Sporting Kansas City.

"Perhaps there is the option to bring one or more players in, or maybe one or two will leave our squad but there is time for us to consider what is best for our team."

Pellegrini will be without Alvaro Negredo for the beginning of the season, however, with the Spain international having undergone surgery on the metatarsal injury he suffered against Hearts last week.

"Alvaro had surgery today on his broken foot and he will probably be out for two or three months," Pellegrini added.

"It is a blow for us because Alvaro is a very important member of our squad so obviously we will miss him."

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If Manchester United to sign Mats Hummels 'is not a bullsh*t story, I'll eat a broomstick'', says Jurgen Klopp

Borussia Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp describes reports linking Mats Hummels with Manchester United as "garbage"

mats-hummels_2983693b.jpg

Wanted man: Manchester United have been heavily linked with Germany defender Mats Hummels Photo: GETTY IMAGES

By Telegraph Sport
8:25AM BST 23 Jul 2014

Jurgen Klopp has dismissed reports of Germany defender Mats Hummels join Manchester United in his typical, no-nonsense eccentric style, saying: "If that's not a bullsh*t story, I'll eat a broomstick."

The Borussia Dortmund coach is famed for his colourful press conferences and eccentric behaviour, and this latest sound bite has left those at Old Trafford in no doubt that £16 million - the rumoured fee that Hummels would move for - is ridiculous.

Klopp has ruled out Marco Reus leaving too, with the attacking midfielder linked with a move to Bayern Munich.

"I can assure everyone that there are no signs that those two players want to leave. Marco and Mats will play for us next season," Klopp said.

"What are we talking about today? Mats to Manchester United? For how much? €20m (£15.8m)? With those kind of sums can you forget that straight away. When papers mention such numbers you know it is garbage."

United, who are currently in America on their pre-season tour, have already signed Ander Herrera and Luke Shaw, but Louis van Gaal is looking to strengthen his squad further.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Liverpool will not waste Luis Suarez cash on buying star names, says manager Brendan Rodgers

Players must have the right profile for the club, with £100m transfer spree expected to bring minimum of eight new recruits to Anfield by next month

By Chris Bascombe, Boston
10:30PM BST 23 Jul 2014

Brendan Rodgers says he will continue to snub stellar names unless they fit the ‘right profile’ for Liverpool as he continues the £100 million reshaping of his side in the wake of Luis Suárez’s exit.

While some of the world’s biggest clubs pursue their obsession with marquee purchases, Rodgers says he would rather save funds than waste his money on vanity products.

Liverpool are flush with the largest transfer kitty in their history and are likely to have a minimum of eight new recruits by August, the next of which Rodgers hopes will be the Southampton centre-half Dejan Lovren and Chelsea left-back Ryan Bertrand. The London club are resisting an £8 million bid for Bertrand, which Liverpool believe demonstrates how much more of a title threat they are now perceived as being.

Loïc Rémy is with the Liverpool squad in Boston to become the fifth summer signing, following Adam Lallana, Rickie Lambert, Lazar Markovic and Emre Can.

Liverpool have been conspicuous by their absence in auctions for some of the stars of the World Cup, but Rodgers says his recruits were long-term targets, subject to diligent scouting and referencing rather than being assessed for their ‘name’.

“They are all big signings for us because they will all make a big contribution,” Rodgers said. “Maybe for the media there is guessing how we spend the money but you only spend the money if the players are there. What we can’t do is spend for the sake of it. The players we’ve brought in are players we wanted anyway.

“Our signings are strategic. They are not just names. They all fit into the purpose of the team, but of course we want them to make a contribution. If that means we do not spend all the money or the net spend is the same, then so be it.

“There is a responsibility [to spend well]. I have always said at every club I’ve been at, the club’s money is my money. I work for the club. I’m there to serve the club and run it the best I can on the field and work with the owners off it. They know I push for the best players to come in and they trust how we work. I would not pay more than a value. If clubs sense there is an opportunity to get more out of us it won’t happen. We are very unified in how we work in that way.

“There is money available but we know spending money does not guarantee success. Last January everyone was crying out that we needed more signings. We never signed anyone. OK, we might have done one or two but it was not a major factor in us not winning [the title].”

Lallana is the most expensive deal so far at £25 million, but Rodgers rejects the idea Liverpool paid too much for the midfielder.

“We paid what we thought he was worth,” he said. “I spoke to enough people about him and have seen enough of him, and know enough people who had seen him and played with him to know he would be a great signing for us. I have no qualms about it. The value of British players is always pushed up. We would not go higher than we thought he was worth.

“He is a great boy. The types of players we bring in have the profile we want so the transition should be smooth. Of course it is strange for them coming into a new team, but you see it with Adam straight away, he presses for the ball when he does not have it and he has beautiful balance. He can score goals and create goals. He is a wonderful footballer. I have been impressed by his mentality and character.

“The character is important. It is not just about the player, but the right type of person. I want players that are committed to the cause to make Liverpool the best we can be. I want players resting when they should be resting, training hard and working hard and focusing on their life as footballers. We have brought in those types. It is footballing qualities and human qualities we want.”

It remains to be seen if he can add long-term target Bertrand. Rodgers thought he had an £8 million deal in January, only for Chelsea to block the sale. The London club were unhappy at how little game time Victor Moses received at Anfield while on loan last season and that has made negotiations problematic.

Liverpool are also discussing a loan move for the Atlético Madrid right-back Javi Manquillo.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Manchester United hope to find role for Paul Scholes

Old Trafford want former midfielder Paul Scholes involved behind the scenes despite his outspoken comments about Wayne Rooney and executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward

Paul-Scholes_AI_2919570b.jpg

Paul Scholes said executive Manchester United's executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward needs to prove himself in the transfer market this summer Photo: ACTION IMAGES

By Mark Ogden, Los Angeles
10:30PM BST 23 Jul 2014

Manchester United remain determined to hand Paul Scholes a role at Old Trafford, despite the former midfielder's outspoken comments about Wayne Rooney and executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward this summer.

Scholes, who assisted Ryan Giggs during his four-game spell as caretaker-manager at the end of last season, suggested Rooney could be dropped by England during the World Cup after claiming that the United forward may have ˜peaked' two years ago.

Rooney responded to Scholes's comments by claiming his remarks were ˜strange" and that he had ˜upset a lot of people at United" by going public with his thoughts.

The 39-year-old was just as damning of Woodward, insisting that the man charged with running United by the club's owners, the Glazer family, had "an awful lot to prove" this summer after failing to deliver a series of transfer target 12 months ago.

"Edward Woodward has an awful lot to prove this time that he's good enough at his job," Scholes said. "He has to bring the players in that the new manager wants. It's obvious that last year he didn't manage to do that. If he doesn't, we are not going to get anywhere near the top."

Despite Scholes's comments, senior figures at Old Trafford believe that he still has much to offer the club, either in a coaching capacity or off-field role.

And while a position in Van Gaal's first-team set-up is not on the agenda, efforts will be made to convince Scholes to return in some capacity because of the esteem in which he continues to be held at the club. Woodward, the target for much of Scholes's criticism, is believed to be open to him being offered a position at the club and keen to move on from the verbal condemnation delivered by a man who scored 155 goals in 718 appearances for United.

Phil Neville, who has yet to be offered a role at the club after losing his position as first-team coach following the dismissal of former manager David Moyes, is also set to be offered the opportunity to remain at Old Trafford in some capacity.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Time was right to sell Suarez, admits Liverpool owner John W Henry

426195_heroa.jpg

By Chris Davie
Jul 24, 2014 16:32:00

The Anfield chief says this summer was the right moment for both player and club "to make a break" but insists Brendan Rodgers' attack will remain "explosive" without the striker

Liverpool owner John W Henry believes this summer was the right time to sell Luis Suarez to Barcelona.

The 27-year-old, whose 31 goals helped Liverpool finish second in the Premier League last season, joined the Spanish club in a €88 million deal earlier this month.

Suarez is currently serving a four-month ban for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini during Uruguay's World Cup fixture on June 19.

But despite Suarez's departure, Henry believes that Liverpool's attack will remain "explosive" next term.

"It was time for Luis and time for the club to make a break," Henry told NBC.

"He brought so much to the club but we brought a lot to Luis.

"[Without him] I think you will still see a very explosive Liverpool offense."

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Suarez ban to be reduced by CAS

431245_heroa.jpg

Jul 24, 2014 08:50:00

The Court of Arbitration for Sport has told Goal that the Barcelona striker's four-month ban for biting could be repealed, although his international suspension would still stand

EXCLUSIVE
By Pilar Suarez

Luis Suarez could have his four-month ban for biting reduced, allowing the Barcelona striker to play in the club's first La Liga game of the 2014-15 season.

The 27-year-old was handed a nine-match international ban and was suspended for four months from "any football-related activities" by Fifa in June after biting Italy's Giorgio Chiellini during a World Cup group stage match in Brazil.

After having an initial appeal against the punishment rejected by football's world governing body, Suarez ultimately completed an €88 million move to Barcelona - though the Catalan giants were unable to formally present their new acquisition because of the ban.

Barcelona decided to take an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) after the player's lawyer described the punishment as "draconian, totalitarian and fascist".

And a source from CAS has now told Goal that, while Suarez's ban from international football will remain in place, his four-month suspension is likely to be reduced – meaning that he will be able to begin the new Primera Liga campaign for Barca.

"Now that the case has arrived at CAS, it is very likely that we will reduce the penalty," the source confirmed.

"The ban would only apply to the Uruguay national team and not to Barcelona."

Arbitrators at CAS are believed to agree with the consensus at Barcelona that Fifa's overall sanction against Suarez is excessive.

Under the terms of the suspension, the Uruguay star is unable to train with his new team-mates and cannot step foot inside Camp Nou.

Suarez apologised for his actions following the incident in Brazil, which also resulted in the player being fined 100,000 Swiss Francs (€82,000) by Fifa.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Rodgers: Liverpool won't waste Suarez fee on star names

419981_heroa.jpg

By Alex Young
Jul 24, 2014 08:06:00

With the club's budget boosted by €88 million following the striker's exit to Barcelona, the manager will only pay what he sees fit for players who buy into his philosophy

Brendan Rodgers is adamant that Liverpool will not be held to ransom by other clubs as he looks to complete "strategic signings" and not just big-name players.

The Reds have been linked with several players in the close-season and have already spent around €75 million for Adam Lallana, Lazar Markovic, Emre Can and Rickie Lambert.

Suarez has left for Barcelona for €88m, giving Liverpool more money to spend should they choose to, but Rodgers insists that he will refuse to buy players should they be overpriced.

"If clubs sense there is an opportunity to get more out of us, it won't happen," he told reporters. "We are very unified in how we work in that way. We have a value for a player and most clubs have been sensible.

"There has been a lot of work. There's hardly been a break for the staff over the off season, flying through Europe, speaking with players and looking at targets.

"But generally the prices we've paid was the value we put on them. I would not want the club to pay more than a value just to get someone in."

Rodgers recently revealed that the money gained from the departure of Suarez is yet to be touched despite heavy investment already this summer and having been linked with the likes of Arturo Vidal and Marco Reus.

But the manager says that the club will only sign players who will improve the squad rather than blindly going for "names" and feels no obligation to empty the coffers during the transfer window.

"Our signings are strategic signings. They are not just names," Rodgers added. "They must all fit into the purpose of the team but, of course, we want them to make a contribution. If that means we do not spend all the money or the net spend is the same then so be it.

"The character is important. It is not just about the player but the right type of person. I want players that are committed to the cause to make Liverpool the best they can be. I want players resting when they should be resting, training hard and working hard and focusing on their life as footballers.

"The types we have brought in are those types, as well as those we already have in the squad who have been brilliant. It is footballing qualities and also human qualities we want."

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Official: Swansea sign Jefferson Montero

432251_heroa.jpg

Jul 24, 2014 14:51:00

The 24-year-old, who represented Ecuador at this summer's World Cup in Brazil, has arrived from Mexican club Morelia and becomes the Welsh side's fifth signing of the summer

Swansea City have completed the signing of Ecuador winger Jefferson Montero.

The 24-year-old joins the Premier League from Mexican side Morelia and has signed a four-year contract with Garry Monk's side.

Montero trained with his new team-mates on Thursday and becomes Swansea's fifth signing of the summer after the arrivals of Bafetimbi Gomis, Stephen Kingsley, Marvin Emnes and Gylfi Sigurdsson.

The former Villarreal winger has been capped 43 times by Ecuador and started all three of their group matches at this summer's World Cup in Brazil, but could not help them reach the knockout stages.

He also lifted the 2007 Pan-American Games with Ecuador and the 2013 Copa MX Apertura with Morelia.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Premier League fixtures 2014-15

August 16, 2014

Arsenal v Crystal Palace
Burnley v Chelsea
Leicester City v Everton
Liverpool v Southampton
Manchester United v Swansea City
Newcastle United v Manchester City
Queens Park Rangers v Hull City
Stoke City v Aston Villa
West Bromwich Albion v Sunderland
West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur

August 23, 2014

Aston Villa v Newcastle United
Chelsea v Leicester City
Crystal Palace v West Ham United
Everton v Arsenal
Hull City v Stoke City
Manchester City v Liverpool
Southampton v West Bromwich Albion
Sunderland v Manchester United
Swansea City v Burnley
Tottenham Hotspur v Queens Park Rangers

August 30, 2014

Aston Villa v Hull City
Burnley v Manchester United
Everton v Chelsea
Leicester City v Arsenal
Manchester City v Stoke City
Newcastle United v Crystal Palace
Queens Park Rangers v Sunderland
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion
Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool
West Ham United v Southampton

September 13, 2014

Arsenal v Manchester City
Chelsea v Swansea City
Crystal Palace v Burnley
Hull City v West Ham United
Liverpool v Aston Villa
Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers
Southampton v Newcastle United
Stoke City v Leicester City
Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur
West Bromwich Albion v Everton

September 20, 2014

Aston Villa v Arsenal
Burnley v Sunderland
Everton v Crystal Palace
Leicester City v Manchester United
Manchester City v Chelsea
Newcastle United v Hull City
Queens Park Rangers v Stoke City
Swansea City v Southampton
Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion
West Ham United v Liverpool

September 27, 2014

Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur
Chelsea v Aston Villa
Crystal Palace v Leicester City
Hull City v Manchester City
Liverpool v Everton
Manchester United v West Ham United
Southampton v Queens Park Rangers
Stoke City v Newcastle United
Sunderland v Swansea City
West Bromwich Albion v Burnley

October 4, 2014

Aston Villa v Manchester City
Chelsea v Arsenal
Hull City v Crystal Palace
Leicester City v Burnley
Liverpool v West Bromwich Albion
Manchester United v Everton
Sunderland v Stoke City
Swansea City v Newcastle United
Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton
West Ham United v Queens Park Rangers

October 18, 2014

Arsenal v Hull City
Burnley v West Ham United
Crystal Palace v Chelsea
Everton v Aston Villa
Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur
Newcastle United v Leicester City
Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool
Southampton v Sunderland
Stoke City v Swansea City
West Bromwich Albion v Manchester United

October 25, 2014

Burnley v Everton
Liverpool v Hull City
Manchester United v Chelsea
Queens Park Rangers v Aston Villa
Southampton v Stoke City
Sunderland v Arsenal
Swansea City v Leicester City
Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United
West Bromwich Albion v Crystal Palace
West Ham United v Manchester City

November 1, 2014

Arsenal v Burnley
Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur
Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers
Crystal Palace v Sunderland
Everton v Swansea City
Hull City v Southampton
Leicester City v West Bromwich Albion
Manchester City v Manchester United
Newcastle United v Liverpool
Stoke City v West Ham United

November 8, 2014

Burnley v Hull City
Liverpool v Chelsea
Manchester United v Crystal Palace
Queens Park Rangers v Manchester City
Southampton v Leicester City
Sunderland v Everton
Swansea City v Arsenal
Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City
West Bromwich Albion v Newcastle United
West Ham United v Aston Villa

November 22, 2014

Arsenal v Manchester United
Aston Villa v Southampton
Chelsea v West Bromwich Albion
Crystal Palace v Liverpool
Everton v West Ham United
Hull City v Tottenham Hotspur
Leicester City v Sunderland
Manchester City v Swansea City
Newcastle United v Queens Park Rangers
Stoke City v Burnley

November 29, 2014

Burnley v Aston Villa
Liverpool v Stoke City
Manchester United v Hull City
Queens Park Rangers v Leicester City
Southampton v Manchester City
Sunderland v Chelsea
Swansea City v Crystal Palace
Tottenham Hotspur v Everton
West Bromwich Albion v Arsenal
West Ham United v Newcastle United

December 2, 2014

Arsenal v Southampton
Burnley v Newcastle United
Crystal Palace v Aston Villa
Leicester City v Liverpool
Manchester United v Stoke City
Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers
West Bromwich Albion v West Ham United

December 3, 2014

Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur
Everton v Hull City
Sunderland v Manchester City

December 6, 2012

Aston Villa v Leicester City
Hull City v West Bromwich Albion
Liverpool v Sunderland
Manchester City v Everton
Newcastle United v Chelsea
Queens Park Rangers v Burnley
Southampton v Manchester United
Stoke City v Arsenal
Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace
West Ham United v Swansea City

December 13, 2014

Arsenal v Newcastle United
Burnley v Southampton
Chelsea v Hull City
Crystal Palace v Stoke City
Everton v Queens Park Rangers
Leicester City v Manchester City
Manchester United v Liverpool
Sunderland v West Ham United
Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur
West Bromwich Albion v Aston Villa

December 20, 2014

Aston Villa v Manchester United
Hull City v Swansea City
Liverpool v Arsenal
Manchester City v Crystal Palace
Newcastle United v Sunderland
Queens Park Rangers v West Bromwich Albion
Southampton v Everton
Stoke City v Chelsea
Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley
West Ham United v Leicester City

December 26, 2014

Arsenal v Queens Park Rangers
Burnley v Liverpool
Chelsea v West Ham United
Crystal Palace v Southampton
Everton v Stoke City
Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur
Manchester United v Newcastle United
Sunderland v Hull City
Swansea City v Aston Villa
West Bromwich Albion v Manchester City

December 28, 2014

Aston Villa v Sunderland
Hull City v Leicester City
Liverpool v Swansea City
Manchester City v Burnley
Newcastle United v Everton
Queens Park Rangers v Crystal Palace
Southampton v Chelsea
Stoke City v West Bromwich Albion
Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United
West Ham United v Arsenal

January 1, 2015

Aston Villa v Crystal Palace
Hull City v Everton
Liverpool v Leicester City
Manchester City v Sunderland
Newcastle United v Burnley
Queens Park Rangers v Swansea City
Southampton v Arsenal
Stoke City v Manchester United
Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea
West Ham United v West Bromwich Albion

January 10, 2015

Arsenal v Stoke City
Burnley v Queens Park Rangers
Chelsea v Newcastle United
Crystal Palace v Tottenham Hotspur
Everton v Manchester City
Leicester City v Aston Villa
Manchester United v Southampton
Sunderland v Liverpool
Swansea City v West Ham United
West Bromwich Albion v Hull City

January 17, 2015

Aston Villa v Liverpool
Burnley v Crystal Palace
Everton v West Bromwich Albion
Leicester City v Stoke City
Manchester City v Arsenal
Newcastle United v Southampton
Queens Park Rangers v Manchester United
Swansea City v Chelsea
Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland
West Ham United v Hull City

January 31, 2015

Arsenal v Aston Villa
Chelsea v Manchester City
Crystal Palace v Everton
Hull City v Newcastle United
Liverpool v West Ham United
Manchester United v Leicester City
Southampton v Swansea City
Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers
Sunderland v Burnley
West Bromwich Albion v Tottenham Hotspur

February 2, 2015

Aston Villa v Chelsea
Burnley v West Bromwich Albion
Everton v Liverpool
Leicester City v Crystal Palace
Manchester City v Hull City
Newcastle United v Stoke City
Queens Park Rangers v Southampton
Swansea City v Sunderland
Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal
West Ham United v Manchester United

February 10, 2015

Arsenal v Leicester City
Crystal Palace v Newcastle United
Hull City v Aston Villa
Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur
Manchester United v Burnley
Southampton v West Ham United
West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City

February 11, 2015

Chelsea v Everton
Stoke City v Manchester City
Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers

February 21, 2015

Aston Villa v Stoke City
Chelsea v Burnley
Crystal Palace v Arsenal
Everton v Leicester City
Hull City v Queens Park Rangers
Manchester City v Newcastle United
Southampton v Liverpool
Sunderland v West Bromwich Albion
Swansea City v Manchester United
Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United

February 28, 2015

Arsenal v Everton
Burnley v Swansea City
Leicester City v Chelsea
Liverpool v Manchester City
Manchester United v Sunderland
Newcastle United v Aston Villa
Queens Park Rangers v Tottenham Hotspur
Stoke City v Hull City
West Bromwich Albion v Southampton
West Ham United v Crystal Palace

March 3, 2015

Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion
Hull City v Sunderland
Liverpool v Burnley
Queens Park Rangers v Arsenal
Southampton v Crystal Palace
West Ham United v Chelsea

March 4, 2015

Manchester City v Leicester City
Newcastle United v Manchester United
Stoke City v Everton
Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City

March 14, 2015

Arsenal v West Ham United
Burnley v Manchester City
Chelsea v Southampton
Crystal Palace v Queens Park Rangers
Everton v Newcastle United
Leicester City v Hull City
Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur
Sunderland v Aston Villa
Swansea City v Liverpool
West Bromwich Albion v Stoke City

March 21, 2015

Aston Villa v Swansea City
Hull City v Chelsea
Liverpool v Manchester United
Manchester City v West Bromwich Albion
Newcastle United v Arsenal
Queens Park Rangers v Everton
Southampton v Burnley
Stoke City v Crystal Palace
Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City
West Ham United v Sunderland

April 4, 2015

Arsenal v Liverpool
Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur
Chelsea v Stoke City
Crystal Palace v Manchester City
Everton v Southampton
Leicester City v West Ham United
Manchester United v Aston Villa
Sunderland v Newcastle United
Swansea City v Hull City
West Bromwich Albion v Queens Park Rangers

April 11, 2015

Burnley v Arsenal
Liverpool v Newcastle United
Manchester United v Manchester City
Queens Park Rangers v Chelsea
Southampton v Hull City
Sunderland v Crystal Palace
Swansea City v Everton
Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa
West Bromwich Albion v Leicester City
West Ham United v Stoke City

April 18, 2015

Arsenal v Sunderland
Aston Villa v Queens Park Rangers
Chelsea v Manchester United
Crystal Palace v West Bromwich Albion
Everton v Burnley
Hull City v Liverpool
Leicester City v Swansea City
Manchester City v West Ham United
Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur
Stoke City v Southampton

April 25, 2015

Arsenal v Chelsea
Burnley v Leicester City
Crystal Palace v Hull City
Everton v Manchester United
Manchester City v Aston Villa
Newcastle United v Swansea City
Queens Park Rangers v West Ham United
Southampton v Tottenham Hotspur
Stoke City v Sunderland
West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool

May 2, 2015

Aston Villa v Everton
Chelsea v Crystal Palace
Hull City v Arsenal
Leicester City v Newcastle United
Liverpool v Queens Park Rangers
Manchester United v West Bromwich Albion
Sunderland v Southampton
Swansea City v Stoke City
Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City
West Ham United v Burnley

May 9, 2015

Arsenal v Swansea City
Aston Villa v West Ham United
Chelsea v Liverpool
Crystal Palace v Manchester United
Everton v Sunderland
Hull City v Burnley
Leicester City v Southampton
Manchester City v Queens Park Rangers
Newcastle United v West Bromwich Albion
Stoke City v Tottenham Hotspur

May 16, 2015

Burnley v Stoke City
Liverpool v Crystal Palace
Manchester United v Arsenal
Queens Park Rangers v Newcastle United
Southampton v Aston Villa
Sunderland v Leicester City
Swansea City v Manchester City
Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City
West Bromwich Albion v Chelsea
West Ham United v Everton

May 24, 2015

Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion
Aston Villa v Burnley
Chelsea v Sunderland
Crystal Palace v Swansea City
Everton v Tottenham Hotspur
Hull City v Manchester United
Leicester City v Queens Park Rangers
Manchester City v Southampton
Newcastle United v West Ham United
Stoke City v Liverpool

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Official: Drogba completes Chelsea return

437023_heroa.jpg

Jul 25, 2014 17:07:00

The legendary Blues striker left Stamford Bridge two years ago after celebrating Champions League glory, but has been lured back by Jose Mourinho

Chelsea have completed the signing of Didier Drogba on a one-year contract.

The 36-year-old returns to Stamford Bridge having left in 2012 after winning the Champions League.

Drogba, who featured for Cote d'Ivoire at the World Cup earlier this summer, has scored 157 goals in 341 appearances for Chelsea and has also won three Premier League titles, four FA Cups and two League Cups with the club.

"It was an easy decision,” the striker told the club’s official website.

"I couldn't turn down the opportunity to work with Jose again. Everyone knows the special relationship I have with this club and it has always felt like home to me.

"My desire to win is still the same and I look forward to the opportunity to help this team. I am excited for this next chapter of my career."

19669458ea0e23f09600733f28009db05f8c3e6f.jpg

Drogba is reunited with Jose Mourinho after working with the Portuguese for three years before his departure in September 2007.

"He’s coming because he’s one of the best strikers in Europe," the former Real Madrid and Inter coach said.

"I know his personality very well and I know if he comes back he’s not protected by history or what he’s done for this club previously. He is coming with the mentality to make more history."

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

QPR recall Julio Cesar from Toronto

435404_heroa.jpg

By Alex Young
Jul 25, 2014 23:08:00

The Brazil goalkeeper has been on loan at the MLS side since February, making seven appearances as the Canadian outfit recorded a best ever start to the season

Julio Cesar has been recalled from his loan spell at Toronto FC by parent club QPR.

The 34-year-old moved to the MLS in February after struggling for game time under Harry Redknapp, with Rob Green preferred as the club secured an immediate return to the Premier League.

"On behalf of everyone at Toronto FC, I'd like to send our sincere thanks to QPR for the opportunity to bring Julio to Toronto," general manager Tim Bezbatchenko said in a statement.

"We'd also like to thank Julio for everything he brought to our club. He made an immediate impact and all of us are better for it."

The move comes as no surprise, with Toronto head coach Ryan Nelsen previously indicating that Cesar would return to England after the World Cup.

The goalkeeper played every minute of Brazil's World Cup, with the hosts eventually finishing a disappointing fourth following semi-final and third-place play-off defeats to Germany and Netherlands.

Green signed a new two-year deal with the R's in July with Cesar's future at Loftus Road unclear after playing just one game last term.

Groove Armada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Wilshere apologises for smoking on holiday

436911_heroa.jpg

By Liam Twomey
Jul 27, 2014 08:57:00

The 22-year-old was pictured with a cigarette in his mouth during a party on a post-World Cup holiday in Las Vegas and admits he regrets his actions

Jack Wilshere admits he regrets smoking on a post-World Cup holiday and insists he will work hard to re-discover his best form and fitness ahead of what he describes in personal terms as a "big season".

Wilshere caused controversy when pictures of him smoking in a swimming pool during a Las Vegas party surfaced earlier this summer, immediately after England's failed World Cup campaign.

Boss Arsene Wenger voiced his disapproval of his player's actions and the two have since held talks, and the 22-year-old has now publicly conceded his actions were a "mistake".

"The smoking? Of course I regret it," he told reporters. "I’ve been seen before doing it. I said then I made a mistake and I have made a mistake again. People make mistakes.

"I’m young and I’ll learn from it. I realise the consequences it has and the effect on kids growing up. I have kids myself and I don’t want them growing up to think their dad smokes and it’s okay for a footballer to smoke because it’s not.

"It’s unacceptable and I will accept the consequences and I will move on."

Once heralded as the future of the Arsenal and England midfield, Wilshere started just one of three matches in Brazil - a dead rubber against Costa Rica - and was criticised last season by Manchester United legend Paul Scholes, who suggested the 22-year-old had failed to develop his game in the four years since his Gunners breakthrough.

Wilshere admits this is a "big season" on a personal level and is hoping past injury problems do not re-surface to prevent him rising back to the top of his game.

"This is a big season for me," he added. "I came back early to pre-season to show people my commitment. I am fully committed to the club and to my job and I want to show everyone that.

"Over the past few seasons I’ve had a few injuries. This season I’m looking to have a really great pre-season and get a really good base of fitness and take that into the season."

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Official: Arsenal sign keeper Ospina

434824_heroa.jpg

By Liam Twomey
Jul 27, 2014 11:05:00

The 25-year-old has signed a four-year contract with the Gunners after a deal worth £3.5 million was agreed with Nice, and will compete with Wojciech Szczesny

Arsenal have officially confirmed the signing of goalkeeper David Ospina from Nice.

The Colombia international has signed what Goal earlier this week revealed to be a four-year contract after a deal worth €4 million was agreed between the two clubs.

Ospina became one of the most coveted goalkeepers in Europe after a string of impressive performances at this summer's World Cup in Brazil and will now compete with Wojciech Szczesny for the No.1 spot.

The 25-year-old is set to make his debut for Arsenal in the Emirates Cup pre-season tournament, which takes place in the first week of August.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger told the club's official website: “David Ospina is an excellent goalkeeper, with good experience and a proven record of performing with Nice and Colombia.

“He will add strength to our squad and we are very pleased that he will be joining us."

Ospina made 189 appearances during a six-year spell at Nice and has been capped 49 times by Colombia.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Liverpool pull out of Remy deal

QPR striker Loic Remy's move to Liverpool is off after the Reds pulled out due to concerns over the player's medical.

FOXBPL_060813remy.jpg

Monday 28th July 2014

Remy has this week been with the Merseysiders in Boston, where they are on a pre-season tour, ahead of what was expected to be the completion of a deal reports suggested would be for around £8million.

With personal terms understood to have been agreed, it was initially thought that problems with paperwork had caused a delay to the transfer being sealed, but it now appears it will not go through at all because of Liverpool's worries relating to the France international's physical condition.

Remy, 27, scored 14 goals in the Barclays Premier League last season for Newcastle while on a season-long loan from QPR and subsequently played for his country at the World Cup.

He has been with the R's since January 2013, netting six goals in 14 appearances for them.

He was expected to become what would have been Liverpool's fifth new signing of the summer, with them having already recruited Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana, Emre Can and Lazar Markovic.

It emerged on Friday that Lallana could miss the start of the new season after he injured a knee in training in Boston.

The 26-year-old England midfielder, who joined the Reds from Southampton earlier this month, sustained a knock to his lateral collateral ligament.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Southampton exodus is 'a joke' blasts Mick Channon, who claims 'players don't care' and 'there is no loyalty in football anymore'

By Graeme Yorke
Published: 04:39 EST, 27 July 2014 | Updated: 06:26 EST, 27 July 2014

Southampton legend Mick Channon is shocked at the summer exodus in progress at St Mary's and has criticised the long list of top players leaving the club, claiming 'they don't care' and they are only moving for 'a big pay packet'.

Rickie Lambert and Adam Lallana have joined Liverpool, Luke Shaw has left for Manchester United and Calum Chambers is set to move to Arsenal, while manager Mauricio Pochettino departed for Tottenham.

Dejan Lovren is close to joining Liverpool, while Morgan Schneiderlin and Jay Rodriguez also have clubs lining up to bid for their services as the Saints side that so impressively finished eighth in the Premier League last season is ruthlessly dismantled by their rivals.

article-2707277-20071BCE00000578-402_634x410.jpg

Unhappy: Mick Channon is angry about the exodus taking place at Southampton this summer

article-0-2000702D00000578-266_306x423.jpg
article-0-2000702100000578-477_306x423.jpg

Reds revolution: Rickie Lambert and Adam Lallana left Southampton for Liverpool

article-0-20025A6600000578-304_306x423.jpg
article-0-1FDDDF0D00000578-898_306x423.jpg

Lured away: Luke Shaw left for Manchester United and Calum Chambers could join Arsenal

Speaking to the Sun, Southampton's all-time record goalscorer Channon is upset a side with so much promise has been broken up leaving the club with an uncertain future.

He said: 'I don't know when this is all going to finally stop. It's sad to see a side which was only going to get better being broken up like this.

'The players have chosen to leave and I don't blame the club. Their hands are tied and the Bosman ruling means they have to cash in.

'I realise times change but it was different in my era. I just wanted to play as many big games as I could. Now the power has shifted from the club to the player as they will sit on their backsides at a big club for 20 games a season.

'But they don't really care. There is a big pay packet on offer at a big club. Everyone knows there is no loyalty anymore in football.'

article-0-1FCD6EB300000578-378_634x417.jpg

Leading the way: Mauricio Pochettino left Southampton to manage Tottenham

article-0-1FFAE64800000578-106_634x441.jpg

Next out: Dejan Lovren could be the next player to leave Southampton with Liverpool linked

article-0-1FFD08B100000578-120_634x419.jpg

Headache: Ronald Koeman has been left with a lot of rebuilding at Southampton

He added: 'Lovren leaving is another blow. How many players do Liverpool want from us? It's getting beyond a joke. I do worry about the Premier League.

'What chance do the rest of the clubs have if the big clubs can cherry pick your best players.

'It's the fans I feel sorry for. They put hard-earned money in and then you see your heroes leaving at will.'

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Newcastle legend Alan Shearer sends letter to the family of MH17 crash victim

• Alan Shearer sent a letter to Liam Sweeney's family
  • Victim's dad said he was 'humbled' receive letter
  • Toon legend is the club's all time top goalscorer
By Hamish Mackay
Published: 11:28 EST, 27 July 2014 | Updated: 11:28 EST, 27 July 2014

Alan Shearer has sent a letter to the family of Liam Sweeney, a Newcastle fan who died in the MH17 crash in Ukraine.

The victim's father, Barry Sweeney, said he was 'humbled' by the letter and said he also received condolences from Toon manager Alan Pardew.

Sweeney told the Sunday Sun: 'There was a letter addressed to the family that arrived on Friday,'

article-2707559-00088B0F00000C1D-491_634x430.jpg

Record: Alan Shearer has scored more goals for Newcastle than any other player

'When we opened it the letter said among other things "we come from the same sort of family and we support the same team. These words come from the heart".

'The letter was signed Alan Shearer.

'Alan Pardew has also sent some nice messages to our family and we’re humbled by all the support we’ve received.

'I haven’t been able to thank everyone personally because I’ve spoken to so many people. But I want everyone to know how grateful we are.

'When I go into our local Morrisons where Liam used to work I find myself hugging people who are in tears and not the other way around.

'He was a really well-liked lad and a loyal Toon fan.'

article-2707559-1FE14B4A00000578-405_634x397.jpg

Tribute: A tribute at St James's Park for victims of the MH17 plane crash that took place in Ukraine

article-2707559-1C2A4D2D00000578-875_634x784.jpg

Charity: Robbie Savage and Alan Shearer before their race to see who could sit on half Wembley's seats