• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Cove by RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems it is true that many forumers here dont like to see Iskandar Development a success. Talking bull all the way. Pls do not underestimate ECboy's company.

ECboy is the one who stated that his company "challenge global transportation industry as a whole". So my reply to him is that it is challenging indeed for the alignment, with all the site constraints.

If you don't understand much abt RTS development, best to keep your comments to yourself. I bet you don't even know what are the possible companies that ECboy may be working for.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see I see. So you are referring to the RTS. Quite challenging indeed esp the alignment, considering the need to be near JB Sentral, and yet with Princess Cove in the way. So your company has helped to develop the 27 options for Najib to choose......LOL....

I am hoping for an additional bridge built, adjacent to the RTS just for motorcyles, but I guess that's beyond commerce, and into politics liao.....

Singapore had already identified the Woodlands North MRT station on the Thomson Line, which is just next to the Republic Poly, to be the connecting station to JB.
However to date, as usual, nothing had been confirmed on the Malaysian side.
Looking at the map, seems like the most feasible point to connect to the Woodlands North will be somewhere between the Grand Bluewave Hotel and the Menara Cyberport Building.
This is the shortest tunnel or bridge to be built. From this point, the next station will then be the JB central.
Also taking into consideration that both the SG and MY stations are also the terminal and CIQ station hence site has to be very much larger than normal regular station.
Now the next question is whether its the MRT / RTS going to cross border.
My take is, they will not. The MRT will just terminate at Woodlands while the RTS (if ever being build) will start from whichever point that's going to be the CIQ station.
It'll probably be like the Hongkong and Shenzhen situation where the train services just terminate at their respective border.
Passengers disembark at the last station, go thru immigration and walk over the gate and proceed to the station for the connecting trains.
Here, we are separated by the Straits so I think a shuttle train service will be used to service the 2 CIQs, without the respective trains crossing the border.
The shuttle train can be a monorail back and forth type or an figure 'O' dual track round service and is totally independent from the main lines.
This shuttle can also be a 50/50 joint venture between the governments and being independent from the main line, their P&L will not be affecting this service afterall, the feasibility of the RTS is still questionable.

Davis

Alfrescian
Loyal
why cant there be a border to border walking like old times.... we don't need cars, mrt or boat...just walk across.
but if got aircond shelter along the way might help... and we will be truly 1st class developed nations :P

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your statement which i highlighted clearly shows that you are degrading and mocking at ECboy statement. You dont have to harsh on someone trying to give positive news on iskandar development.

Do you know the project has overrun by 1 year? I am laughing at the fact that MY is taking so long to decide on the 27 options (due to the money involved), and poor ECboy's company is caught up in MY's internal politics, thus causing the over-runs. I think poor ECboy's company must be feeling equally pissed at the need to develop these 27 options.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems it is true that many forumers here dont like to see Iskandar Development a success. Talking bull all the way. Pls do not underestimate ECboy's company.

No lah. we just don't like being screwed over. But i'm curious what is ECboy company going to launch. any links?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Snowbird just said, RTS may not be implemented. i suggest we put a travelator along the whole causeway. we just walk across.

Bicycle rental at both sides also good. Pay rental and deposit at one side, ride the bike over, then return for deposit.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although is just an imagination, but snowbird idea is indeed brilliantly crafted.

Actually a lot of things have been finalised if you bother to read up. RTS is supposed to connect to MRT Woodlands Thomson Line. RTS has always been envisioned to be just a cross border service plying betw Singapore and JB (ie original plan only has 2 stops, 1 in Republic Poly and 1 in JB Sentral).

Only question now is where is the JB station, and whether the service will be elevated or underground. For the JB station, a few sites have been mooted, mainly JB Sentral 1, JB Sentral 2, Tanjong Puteri, Bukit Chagar are among the possible JB sites that have been identified.

Lastly, the decision on the location of the JB station was meant to be made in Dec'13 but has been pushed back now to this year. Once the location is decided by Najib/Sultan or whoever, phase 2 of the study will commence, which revolves around the detailed design of the stations both in JB & SG. Phase 2 will last 1 year, after which construction will commence.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
All talk only.
Until you see actual piling works I think it's not gonna happen.
Johor govt seems like not much money to embark on such a project like this.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're right.
No Central planning. Anyhow hantam. It's going to be a freaking mess if and when it happens.

I am definitely not holding my breath.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
i always said and believe in m'sia better don't have MRT too near your house. it's noisy, dirty, and generally quite messy. don't forget the local street hawkers who will put their ramly burger or makeshift mamak right infront the mrt station, people sit around talk loudly until 3-4am supper and throw rubbish, spit everywhere.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
i always said and believe in m'sia better don't have MRT too near your house. it's noisy, dirty, and generally quite messy. don't forget the local street hawkers who will put their ramly burger or makeshift mamak right infront the mrt station, people sit around talk loudly until 3-4am supper and throw rubbish, spit everywhere.

Right beside maybe not a good idea but around 300/400m away is fine. My bro used to have a condo near to the Kelana Jaya mrt station in KL and it was great. Convenient yet far enough to be quiet-ish.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my observation, snatch theft and armed robberies are more prevalent within 100m of a Rail station in KL. Hope JB wont be like this.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will it be likely at sentral 1/2 ?...... The rest seems to be privately owned.:kma:

Privately owned also no issue. Just compulsorily acquire lah, like what the PAP has been doing. That said, the logical decision is at JB Sentral 2, but not sure if the space is big enuff.

On yesterday's Channel 8 news, it was mentioned that R&F is 'adjacent to the planned JB-SG RTS'. Going by that logic, so it should be at JB Sentral 2 or Tanjong Puteri......

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Right beside maybe not a good idea but around 300/400m away is fine. My bro used to have a condo near to the Kelana Jaya mrt station in KL and it was great. Convenient yet far enough to be quiet-ish.

i prefer about 1 km away. that kelana jaya station is LRT station. i think MRT might be noisier and messier.

Status
Not open for further replies.