• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dental Charges and Procedures in Singapore

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Saw an article posted earlier on the high cost of dental charges in Singapore, even for "subsidized" case.
What would be the cost of say, doing a root canal, with crowning. Understand it would cost between 1500 to 3000.

The thought is that sometimes these "between", the gap is too big. almost 100% (for 1500 to 3000)
Nevertheless, I always think it's too late to do a root canal and crown the teeth, as the tooth has decay very badly and needs a root canal. Even after doing root canal, the integrity of the tooth structure is not really very good to do crowning.

Just my thoughts there and understand from my friend that does this it cost him S$1800 for the whole procedure. (He went to a private clinic)
S$1800 just to do a teeth, is it very expensive?. I think it is if you ask me.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw an article posted earlier on the high cost of dental charges in Singapore, even for "subsidized" case.
What would be the cost of say, doing a root canal, with crowning. Understand it would cost between 1500 to 3000.

The thought is that sometimes these "between", the gap is too big. almost 100% (for 1500 to 3000)
Nevertheless, I always think it's too late to do a root canal and crown the teeth, as the tooth has decay very badly and needs a root canal. Even after doing root canal, the integrity of the tooth structure is not really very good to do crowning.

Just my thoughts there and understand from my friend that does this it cost him S$1800 for the whole procedure. (He went to a private clinic)

Totally agree!!
My ex female dentist in Changi Rd is one such fat cunt...... ripping off clients n when bridge failed in 4 yrs, refused to refund even challenging to bring her to court...
I also notice that she does not issue receipt... will reluctantly do so when asked!! Her former counter girls confirmed that double book-keeping was done. No wonder she owns many choice properties around the world. Only consolation is that she has fucked up looks
so she have to buy duck services - hope she contracts AIDs one day.
Made a couple report to IRAS abot her tax evasion but no action sofar. In fact most dentists play with "NO receippt" payment - this can only mean tax evasion.

Shame, shame to these dearth of the society.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Few yrs back I had a filling drop from molar, ending with dead nerve. Option is to either extraction and implant or root canal with crown.
I know implant is farking farking expensive so I chose root canal. The root canal alone cost $1k, just before doing the orthodontist did xray and told me there is some fracture, so if do root canal there is a high chance that it will require extraction again years later. I am confuse. The dentist which do the crown for me told me root canal is permanent fix. He told me not to worry, the corwning cost $500+, so total to fix my molar was 1.5k+

chongpangchixwings

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Root canal procedure can cost around 900 plus and some dentists use some type of chemical for dont know what then that costs around 200 plus. Then the cost of the crown itself can range 900 to 1300 for upper molar, so in the end 2300.

Upper molar crown is supposed to be more expensive.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Few yrs back I had a filling drop from molar, ending with dead nerve. Option is to either extraction and implant or root canal with crown.
I know implant is farking farking expensive so I chose root canal. The root canal alone cost $1k, just before doing the orthodontist did xray and told me there is some fracture, so if do root canal there is a high chance that it will require extraction again years later. I am confuse. The dentist which do the crown for me told me root canal is permanent fix. He told me not to worry, the corwning cost $500+, so total to fix my molar was 1.5k+

With the root canal done, understand that crowning will supposedly last between 5 to 10 years, any idea what is next after the 5 to 10 years, Redo or replace the crown, after all, I am sure there is some shelf life to the crown too.

Meanwhile in the event of a tooth extraction, next solution is teeth implant, any forummers have got that done?. What's the experience and I know it's damn bloody expensive, easily 3k to 4k per tooth.

Do correct me if I am wrong.

chongpangchixwings

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With the root canal done, understand that crowning will supposedly last between 5 to 10 years, any idea what is next after the 5 to 10 years, Redo or replace the crown, after all, I am sure there is some shelf life to the crown too.

Meanwhile in the event of a tooth extraction, next solution is teeth implant, any forummers have got that done?. What's the experience and I know it's damn bloody expensive, easily 3k to 4k per tooth.

My last visit to the dentist was around a month ago and he told me that my crown which was done around 4 years ago was okay but the tooth itself continued to decay because of me not flossing well enough.

He said that I may need to extract the tooth at some future date and then do an implant. He quoted 4500 to 5500 for the implant.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's where I am puzzled. I thought crowning will last forever so long you don't anyhow bite on hard objects.
I have 1 crown done about 10 yrs ago without root canal, so far so good.
The one with root canal done the orthodontist told me can last 1 yr : eek, but the crowning dentist told me no such thing. means can last for as long as I don't bite hard objects.
Next after crowning is crown again lor, or also can extract and implant.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if ur totth fracture goes deep down 2 ze tooth root, dey wil tel u ur crown wil not last loong ...

mayb ze dentist din c ze fracture ...

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My last visit to the dentist was around a month ago and he told me that my crown which was done around 4 years ago was okay but the tooth itself continued to decay because of me not flossing well enough.

He said that I may need to extract the tooth at some future date and then do an implant. He quoted 4500 to 5500 for the implant.

Now I know why uncles in Singapore, are "boh geh".
At 4.5k to 5.5k per implant, just cannot afford.

Even after taking out 5k upon reaching 55 (Minimum sum not enough lah) can only go for 1 implant only, after that, no money to chiong liao. (Sorry, just cannot "loon" to take dig at the cpf thingy):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if ur totth fracture goes deep down 2 ze tooth root, dey wil tel u ur crown wil not last loong ...

Maybe, the dentist caused the fracture, during the root canal.
If got x ray, sure can see the fractures lines, prior to ops.

Not all dentist has x ray facilities.

chongpangchixwings

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now I know why uncles in Singapore, are "boh geh".
At 4.5k to 5.5k per implant, just cannot afford.

Even after taking out 5k upon reaching 55 (Minimum sum not enough lah) can only go for 1 implant only, after that, no money to chiong liao. (Sorry, just cannot "loon" to take dig at the cpf thingy):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Yes like almost everything else here, dental procedures are expensive .As for cpf, mine is stuck too.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

eek, really, jialat, then I better stop eating hard food. It cost me 1.6k for the root canal and crown, I cannot afford anymore.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe, the dentist caused the fracture, during the root canal.
If got x ray, sure can see the fractures lines, prior to ops.

Not all dentist has x ray facilities.

I suspected also. Becos my filling was ok at first, I went cleaning and redo the filling, end up with dead nerve. But that dentist refuse to acknowledge it was caused by him.
End up I went to another dentist for root canal and crown. If the fracture was caused by the orthodontist then I am screwed BIG BIG BIG time.