• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Quality of an OZ expat

santabenq

Alfrescian
Loyal
Snippet from: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...pore-police-clearance-australia-189-visa.html

[Originally from India] [Expat in Australia]

Singapore police clearance for Australia 189 visa
Hi All,
Need your help. I have a question that is worrying me since last few months. I was staying in Singapore for around 7 years and have moved to Australia last year in April. I had a credit card debt of 7k Singapore dollars which I did not bother to pay. The bank didn't have my new contact details hence they couldn't contact me. Except an email that I got few weeks back asking for my contact details. Now I am applying for a permanent visa in Australia and they need police clearance from all the countries I have stayed in the last 10 years including Singapore. Do you think that this credit card default will affect the police clearance? Would the bank have filed a police complaint and will this result in a criminal offence?

Arjun