• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Injury must make incident report to MOM but towkays have a way out

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
MOM Incident Report for work-related injuries

Under the Workplace Safety & Health Act and the Work Injury Compensation Act, work accidents, dangerous occurrences and occupational diseases must be reported to the Ministry of Manpower. Failure to do so as required by the law is an offence.

Applicable for employee injured in accident and:
- Died, or
- Hospitalised for at least 24 hours; or
- Given MC for more than 3 calendar days (consecutive or otherwise)
http://www.mom.gov.sg/workplace-safety-health/incident-reporting/Pages/default.aspx

Wifey heard that neighbour got injured at work with Everise Forwarders a month ago. By right, employers should make incident report with MOM for MC beyond 3 days but the towkays have a way out.

Neighbour showed his towkay his MC and evil boss dismissed him right away with a severance compensation till his MC-date, so that he effectively ceased to be his worker a day after injury = don't need to report MOM loophole + severance package included (so smart right?).

This is life.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is an outstanding way to evade responsibility. RUN wonders if the company needs to backdate neighbour's dismissal to make it even more foolproof?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a loophole at all. Towkay is going to be in for an unpleasant surprise when MOM finds out.

MOM Incident Report for work-related injuries

Under the Workplace Safety & Health Act and the Work Injury Compensation Act, work accidents, dangerous occurrences and occupational diseases must be reported to the Ministry of Manpower. Failure to do so as required by the law is an offence.

Applicable for employee injured in accident and:
- Died, or
- Hospitalised for at least 24 hours; or
- Given MC for more than 3 calendar days (consecutive or otherwise)
http://www.mom.gov.sg/workplace-safety-health/incident-reporting/Pages/default.aspx

Wifey heard that neighbour got injured at work with Everise Forwarders a month ago. By right, employers should make incident report with MOM for MC beyond 3 days but the towkays have a way out.

Neighbour showed his towkay his MC and evil boss dismissed him right away with a severance compensation till his MC-date, so that he effectively ceased to be his worker a day after injury = don't need to report MOM loophole + severance package included (so smart right?).

This is life.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....there are 2 sides to a coin...

Employers- most common tactic is to get company (assigned) doctors to give "light duty"instead of MC....

Workers - self inflicted injury to claim compensation...

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wifey and RUN saw neighbour. He was sitting alone at the void deck, staring into space. RUN thinks he needs to talk to someone and went over. In the end, we just exchanged greetings. I didn't even dare to ask him about his job because I pretended that I didn't know about his job loss.

I hope he is not having depression.

Sigh.....RUN think he still haven't find a job or even fit to work, not sure if he had recovered from injury.

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wifey and RUN saw neighbour this morning. He was sitting alone at the void deck, staring into space. RUN thinks he needs to talk to someone and went over. In the end, we just exchanged greetings. I didn't even dare to ask him about his job because I pretended that I didn't know about his job loss.

I hope he is not having depression.

Sigh.....RUN think he still haven't find a job or even fit to work, not sure if he had recovered from injury.
hahaha....seriously if what you said is true, he can seek help from mom regarding unfair dismissal....

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....seriously if what you said is true, he can seek help from mom regarding unfair dismissal....

Yes, it is true. cross my heart. RUN is not writing a weekend story. I even mentioned the company name. It's simple bro, just compare the company's CPF contributions or ask the colleagues in the company, and you know RUN's neighbour is dismissed to avoid making injury incident report to MOM.

Two weeks ago, Wifey helped neighbour understand the severance package. I heard neighbour signed some indemnities (prepared by lawyer???) but not given a copy. You see, the towkay's paperwork is swee swee. This kind of lanjiao thing still happens around us.

Justice is just richmen's game.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, it is true. cross my heart. RUN is not writing a weekend story. I even mentioned the company name. It's simple bro, just compare the company's CPF contributions or ask the colleagues in the company, and you know RUN's neighbour is dismissed to avoid making injury incident report to MOM.

Two weeks ago, Wifey helped neighbour understand the severance package. I heard neighbour signed some indemnities (prepared by lawyer???) but not given a copy. You see, the towkay's paperwork is swee swee. This kind of lanjiao thing still happens around us.

Justice is just richmen's game.
hahaha...trust me, mom will look into matters of unfair dismissal if u report to them....nothing to lose.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gentlemen, I just told wifey i posted this online.

Wifey gave me a complete picture
- Neighbour was injured when he was preventing cargo from dropping (risking damage) in the course of his work.
- He is actually a Malaysian (sorry i didn't know that), who worked for 20 years in the same company. In a way, he was so "naturalized" that I tot he was local.
- Neighbour family said he will go back to Malaysia.

Yes, some of us may feel that neighbour is just another foreign worker but the fact is that he was still unfairly dismissed by his employer of 20 years. I really apologize that I didn't know he is a Malaysian. He is going back, that's why he didn't complain to MOM. If he don't lodge the case himself, nobody can help him.

Sighz............sometimes we cannot blame the poor or weaker people for not fighting for their rights, for they are just too disheartened with our cold society.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
hahaha....there are 2 sides to a coin...

Employers- most common tactic is to get company (assigned) doctors to give "light duty"instead of MC....

Workers - self inflicted injury to claim compensation...

What about the tactic you use? Swallow too much cum from Banglas and call in sick. Dr. sure to give MC from looking at your fucked face.