• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WTF! Secondary school Principals go to China to recruit scholars?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I don't care that the lying piece of shit gay Loong say there is no corruption in S'pore. And I don't even care that this gay Principal Anthony Tan brings his boyfriend on overseas business trips. But what really burns me up is how come Secondary school principals are now actively going to China to recruit scholars? Fucking lancheow, this is now part of their KPI? To see how many scholars they can put in their schools, and thereby displaced a sinkie student? For every one scholar they bring in, not only is the scholar getting free schooling and board and lodging, but one singapore born student is now not able to enter that school due to one less spot. Seems to me that MOE and the education system has lost sight of their number one priority which is to educate singapore children and not kids from other countries for free. I can seriously tell you the MOE budget can be slashed by 30% if you take out all these fucking recruitment and "conference" trips to China, London, bangkok, hong kong, etc. Not long ago, they announced they were cutting back the budget on some schools, and that the kids might have to do without classrooms and what not. But these fucking MOE PAP shits have money to spend on these sorts of trips? Remember these traitors at the next elections.

SINGAPORE: Former Maris Stella High Principal Anthony Tan Kim Hock today (May 19) pleaded guilty to nine charges of misappropriating school funds.

He admitted to misappropriating funds amounting to S$66,950.50 between 2004 and 2009.

The court heard that when the 67-year-old was Principal of the school, he made frequent business trips to China for official networking and scholars' recruitment trips, and to London, Bangkok and Hong Kong for conferences.

Between June 2004 and May 2009, Tan brought along a friend whom he met in church, Mr Peter Lim, to accompany him for some of these trips.

Tan directed the school to pay for Mr Lim's overseas expenses, which included airfare and accommodation, from out of the School Management Committee (SMC) fund.

The SMC fund come from donations and fund-raising activities by Maris Stella High.

Tan introduced Mr Lim as his nephew in the course of these trips, but investigations showed they were not related. Mr Lim was also neither a school nor Ministry of Education staff, and did not have an official role on trips.

There were also instances when some parents made donations to the school out of gratitude that their children had secured a place, but Tan would deposit the money into his bank account, the court heard.

One instance of this was in January 2005 when a Thai national donated S$10,000, and it happened again in December 2006 when an Indonesian national donated S$10,000.

Tan also allowed a badminton coach to use school premises to coach his own students, in return for a monthly donation.

While Tan acknowledged there was no practice of renting out the school premises, he said the school needed funds to take care of the retired Marist Brothers as well as for maintenance and miscellaneous expenses.

From January to December 2007, he collected cheques totalling S$4,800 from the coach and deposited them into his own account.

The offences came to light when the Commercial Affairs Department received an anonymous complaint in September 2009.

Tan was charged with 21 counts of criminal breach of trust in late 2011, and had already been sentenced to five months' jail for one charge of dishonestly misappropriating S$67,679.05 in school funds.

He had appealed against the conviction and sentence but the appeal was dismissed by the High Court in February this year.

The other 11 charges will be taken into consideration.

These include charges of Tan directing the school to pay for Mr Lim's tennis coaching accreditation programme, professional tennis registry renewal and for an advanced open diving course on Pulau Tioman.

As of last Friday (May 16), Tan has made full restitution of the misappropriated funds.

In his submission, the Deputy Public Prosecutor highlighted that the misappropriations occurred over a period of more than five years.

He said they had gone undetected for so long as the SMC and school staff had trusted Tan.

In his mitigation plea, Tan's lawyer, Mr Peter Low, highlighted the former Principal's contributions to the school, including leading it to win many awards.

Tan is scheduled to be sentenced this Friday.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't care that the lying piece of shit gay Loong say there is no corruption in S'pore. And I don't even care that this gay Principal Anthony Tan brings his boyfriend on overseas business trips. But what really burns me up is how come Secondary school principals are now actively going to China to recruit scholars? .
hahaha...u are not only a bapok empty vessel....u are really another proverbial frog in the well...
schools going to China to recruit scholars have been going on for many many moons already and you thought you just discovered something new..
truly a retard......

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
hahaha...u are not only a bapok empty vessel....u are really another proverbial frog in the well...
schools going to China to recruit scholars have been going on for many many moons already and you thought you just discovered something new..
truly a retard......

Yes, but I am not a grandson rapist like you. Just because the trips have been going on for many moons does not make it right. Just like u have been raping your grandson's backside for many moons doesn't make it right either. get it?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
say... only atas schools can go recruit scholars hor... was it 200 a year? how many actually stayed on to take up red passport? heard there are no bonds hor :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Kuku, where are u? Come back lah, don't be so sore that I called you a grandsonfucker. some day, he will make u proud and grow up to be a grandaddy pedophile like u. U know, carry on the family tradition.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
truly a retard......

You are right on this, it has been going on for a long time at the more elite schools, I can attest to that. Still, it's a bit surprising that Maris Stella (a mediocre school) was also into this business.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pappies like to delegate power to lower level of authority but do not understand that absolute power can lead to corruption. How many Anthony Tans are there in the schools in SG? Until they are found, all these corrupt school staff are laughing all the way to the bank.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One instance of this was in January 2005 when a Thai national donated S$10,000, and it happened again in December 2006 when an Indonesian national donated S$10,000.

=> So much for meleetocracy! FCUKING TRAITOR!

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, I too can confirm that this has been going on for at least 10 years, with some schools making two trips a year - usually the principal and two teachers.

GramStroker

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these motherfucking civil serpents like to act like big shot CEO traveling for biz trips here and there when they got no biz traveling

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right on this, it has been going on for a long time at the more elite schools, I can attest to that. Still, it's a bit surprising that Maris Stella (a mediocre school) was also into this business.

Hello, Maris Stella is a SAP school.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both of them must be screwing each other's backside. Where got an old man bring another man for all his trip, pay for his expenses including his tennis and SCUBA lessons?? They met in church - which church? City Harvest?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leave the mongrel alone. He is Scroobal's bitch.

Kuku, where are u? Come back lah, don't be so sore that I called you a grandsonfucker. some day, he will make u proud and grow up to be a grandaddy pedophile like u. U know, carry on the family tradition.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Both of them must be screwing each other's backside. Where got an old man bring another man for all his trip, pay for his expenses including his tennis and SCUBA lessons?? They met in church - which church? City Harvest?

He's a principal...........so should be from the church of the Prince.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The point I am trying to make is that this guy is obviously pocketing money here, left and right. That $10,000 "donations" given to him by Thai and Indon parents is no donation. It was an outright bribe to him in order to get their kids into the school. Chinese Indons always want their kids to go to a chinese ed school, and since Maris Stella is a SAP school, that's where they want the kids to go. Rich people from these 2 countries are very familiar with bribery. The $10,000 was kopi money to ensure the principal will get their kids in. I want to ask what the $10,000 was in the form of? Cash? U mean to say that the parents will just give him $10,000 cash each. I think not. Than, is it in the form of a bank cheque? If so, it has to be written out in his name. Either way, this is to say that the parents were implicit in this. The article mentions that " There were also instances when some parents made donations to the school out of gratitude that their children had secured a place, but Tan would deposit the money into his bank account, the court heard.". Who the hell does that? U mean to say that if your kid gets into the school of their choice, you immediately make a "donation" of $10,000 directly to the principal? Why don;t you wait for the next fundraising day and donate the $10,000 at that time? This really stinks to the high heavens, and what has come out in court is a fraction of the shit that is going on.

Now, you take this corrupt principal and you let him go to China to do recruiting for scholarship students there. Wah lau, he is in a free fire zone there. All those PRC parents who want to send their kids to Singapore on free scholarship will be more than happy to pay him $10,000 each. After all, for secondary school, a scholarship fully paid for is more valuable than $10,000. I can bet you he was collecting $10,000 left right and centre in PRC. I think the $66K he took is a fraction of what he actually received.

There are 11 SAP schools in S'pore. My question is why is 11 principals going to China to do recruiting? why can't MOE station one personnel at the S'pore consulate in Beijing and take all the applications there? Isn't that far cheaper? Why can't all the application forms be online at the consulate's website and applications processed in singapore? Why is there even the need for recruiting trips, after all PRCs are notorious for wanting free things? Once the word is out that S'pore is giving free scholarships, I can imagine the consulate would be flooded with applications. Instead we pay for 11 principals to go to China for what? Free holiday? Bribe collection? Chionging at KTV? What qualifies the principal and where do they have the time to verify the student's academic transcripts, his ECA activities, his reference letters from his teachers, etc?

I read some where, some one posted on the forum that some of these scholar sec students from China were not doing well at all. I was wondering at that time how can it be possible, since they are supposed to be academically gifted. Now I can see why. Not all of them are really academically gifted, it just that some of them had parents that were able tp pay whatever the bribe was to whoever the principal is. this trial is just another PAP whitewash.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I read some where, some one posted on the forum that some of these scholar sec students from China were not doing well at all.

bro,
language barrier, first couple of years they truly struggle like mad. their hunger for knowledge and the drive to acquire new knowledge is seldom seen in our local scholars. once they overcome the language barrier, they are a bunch to be reckoned with. seen them doing Log and Ln functions without calculators.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, pure hard work. Look at Ang Mo kids, spend the first 6 years on colouring using crayons etc. then in late life invent things, make the world a better place. 2 different approaches.

bro,
language barrier, first couple of years they truly struggle like mad. their hunger for knowledge and the drive to acquire new knowledge is seldom seen in our local scholars. once they overcome the language barrier, they are a bunch to be reckoned with. seen them doing Log and Ln functions without calculators.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This making a huge donation to secure a place in school has been going on for 50 years. While the dumb locals do volunteer work and still no guarantee.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
bro,

And how many commercial jobs need Log abd Ln functions :smile:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
bro,

what are u saying? Singapore students don't have hunger for knowledge and drive? U are insane. Doing Log and Ln functions without a calculator proves nothing. U have scientific calculators for that today. But can they write a sentence in english without any grammatical errors or not? that is the more relevant issue.