• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Bonds

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Interesting Bond issues

No chance, lah, if the paps fail to see the graves that they are digging for sinkie graduates.

Our education trains good managers and supervisors. If you have local honours degree, you must join GLC, civil or uniform service. You'll get immediate recognition.
This is like buying a $250,000 4.9% UOB preference share.
Very safe n secured because you can afford. (you have good results)

No doubt private sectors can be good paymasters at times; they need you to perform very hard to justify for the pay.
This is like buying REITS for 5% returns BECAUSE U DON'T HAVE $250K (you don't have good results),
sometimes u are lucky, you get bonus capital gain but when you are sway, capital losses can be 20% a year.
u think whether u can take such risks or not

Last edited:

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
it got many oversea projects.
singapore projects may not doing well, oversea projects may doing well leh.

I was just suggesting the best way to be exposed to the property sector (by owning investment properties 18-24months later). The global interest rates environment is rising in 2015, malaysia and new zealand hiked rates this year. I don't see how that will be positive for property shares.

If you want overseas project, you can invest in indonesian or india property companies if there is an Black October in 2014.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Somehow all foreign bonds come wrapped with hidden risks and the toxic will emerge during time of financial crisis. Bonds issued in sinkie land are more reliable because issuers will not indulge in hanky panky antics unlike those in other countries. The CAD will come after defaulters like a ton of bricks to investigate the cause of default.

Anyway, a blue chip in sinkie land is often as good as a bank like Singtel and Starhub.

Perhaps, this is only one of the reasons why foreigners worship the pap Govt for doing a fine job.

Olam trades just before temasek does not seem so above board.... so much for CAD coming down like a ton of bricks. Earlier on, there's Asiason, Blumont and Liongold debacle too and no sound no picture

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Olam trades just before temasek does not seem so above board.... so much for CAD coming down like a ton of bricks. Earlier on, there's Asiason, Blumont and Liongold debacle too and no sound no picture

It takes time to dig to establish the money trail or find the monkey's tail. There is no statute of limitation for the commission of criminal offences. If they cannot get you in 2014, they may suddenly indict you in 2020.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
SGX & MAS propose greater retail access to bonds
http://www.automatedtrader.net/news/at/151416/sgx-proposes-greater-retail-access-to-bonds
http://www.mas.gov.sg/~/media/MAS/N...tating Bond Offerings to Retail Investors.pdf

Proposed:
- First, retail investors can purchase SGX-listed wholesale bonds initially denominated in S$200,000 or above in smaller lot size six months after their listing ("seasoned bonds").

- Second, SGX proposes to allow issuers to make subsequent offers of new bonds on the same terms as the seasoned bonds to retail investors directly. SGX proposes to apply the regulatory framework only to plain vanilla bonds with an initial minimum principal amount of S$300 million and a maximum tenure of 10 years. Safeguards in the form of qualifying criteria for issuers and disclosure requirements underpin the proposed framework.

Plain vanilla bonds under the proposals refer to those which:
(i) have a fixed term not exceeding 10 years;
(ii) provide for repayment of the principal sum at the end of the fixed term;
(iii) have periodic interest payments which cannot be deferred;
(iv) carry a fixed interest rate or floating rate of interest comprised of a reference rate plus a fixed margin which cannot be decreased;
(v) are not convertible into or exchangeable for other securities;
(vi) are not asset-backed securities or structured notes; and
(vii) are unsubordinated.
The scope excludes convertible bonds, perpetual bonds, and other hybrid instruments

MAS proposes that an issuer (or a guarantor in the case of a guaranteed issuance of bonds by its wholly-owned entity) should meet the following eligibility criteria in order to be an Exempt Bond Issuer:
(a) Size Test under the Seasoning Framework;
(b) Listing Test under the Seasoning Framework; and
(c) Credit Test:
(i) Has a credit rating of AA- or higher, or the bonds to be offered are rated AA- or higher, where the rating is done by an international credit rating agency; or
(ii) Has issued, or guaranteed the issuance of, bonds listed on SGX of at least S$1 billion (or its equivalent in foreign currency) over the previous 5 years.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was just suggesting the best way to be exposed to the property sector (by owning investment properties 18-24months later). The global interest rates environment is rising in 2015, malaysia and new zealand hiked rates this year. I don't see how that will be positive for property shares.

If you want overseas project, you can invest in indonesian or india property companies if there is an Black October in 2014.

which company share? indonesian and india property.
also, i do not want to buy 2nd property, no kids. die liao pass to who?

i got MORE IMPORTANT thing to buy in near future, that one cost me a lot money, so i must save for that very important thing.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
oxley today drop again. i no eyes see liao.
feel pain to cut loss...

which company share? indonesian and india property.
also, i do not want to buy 2nd property, no kids. die liao pass to who?

i got MORE IMPORTANT thing to buy in near future, that one cost me a lot money, so i must save for that very important thing.

Sorry i try not to recommend shares because i also lost a lot in shares. Don't waste time monitoring so closely.

Please take care and sleep more.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
hihi, ohaiyo.

Oii, ocbc mother share drop to 9.7, right is 1.96

so? buy right and both mother share?

or just buy mother share??

Last edited: