• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World Cup 2014 Thread...

DavidMoyes

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

FIFA Scandal: Why Sepp Blatter Isn’t To Blame

Why Sepp Blatter Isn’t To Blame For FIFA’s Evil

fifa-boardroom.jpg

Dr. Strangelove? Nope. FIFA Boardroom.

Standing in black suits, eyes hidden behind opaque sunglasses, ear pieces dug firmly into their ears, a security team stands guard outside a 5-star hotel in Sao Paolo, Brazil.

Who are they guarding? Barack Obama? Queen Elizabeth? Angela Merkel? Vladimir Putin? Dilma Rousseff?

No, this Secret Service-esque security force is protecting someone of even more power in the modern world: FIFA president Sepp Blatter.

You shake your head.

“No way!” you think. “More power than the President of the U.S.A.? Not a chance.”

Think about it for a second. President Obama has to answer to Congress. His decisions are informed by thousands of advisors. His actions are controlled by thousands of rich white guys in suits, their pockets stuffed full of lobby money. He has very little autonomy, and very little authority, if you look closely enough.

Sepp Blatter, on the other hand, has no one to answer to but FIFA, a group where, as mounting evidence suggests, the only currency is cold, hard cash.

As the head of one of the most important institutions in the entire world, he’s a bulls-eye for vitriol of every sort. He’s all that’s wrong with modern football – a monetized product, a far cry from the working man’s game played in untilled fields of yore.

He’s seen as the ultimate mastermind, the puppeteer of untold iniquities.

But you know what?

Despite his apparent power, Sepp Blatter has none. That’s what’s so unnerving about FIFA. Even worse,as they direct your vitriol toward Sepp Blatter, they’re playing you like a fiddle.

FIFA is by far the most powerful, pervasive sporting entity in the entire world, with the power to not only sway people, but huge corporations like Coca-Cola and Sony. That places Blatter in a position of high visibility.

FIFA is also a notoriously corrupt organization. More evidence leaks every day of their insane levels of deception and disgusting levels of greed, which invokes deep feelings of distrust and malice, most of which are targeted at Blatter. This is exactly what they want.

Most recently, this has taken the form of the uproar surrounding the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

The human rights abuses, the insane cost of holding the tournament and the wholly unsuitable nature of holding a World Cup in the insanely hot gulf nation of Qatar have been well documented, so I won’t go into that here. In short, it’s a decision that’s baffling at best.

Yet this is only once incident in the long list of vote trading, bribery, bungery and general under-handedness of the entire organization. Although someone was punished — Former Vice President Mohammaed bin Hamman was banned for life for his involvement with bribery leading to the selection — the main point of anger and ire was still directed at Blatter.

And that’s precisely what FIFA wants.

At the top ring of FIFA, in their hyper-modern conference that is oddly similar to the War Room from Dr. Strangelove, sits the 25-member executive group. This is the group that controls world football, and all of the money that flows through it.

And at the top of that pyramid stands Sepp Blatter, who has stood virtually unopposed for 15 years. That seems strange, doesn’t it? For a corporation that has a history of Game of Thrones styled personal lust for power(Jack Warner’s attempted takeover two years back being just one example), how does a single man — and one who has publicly embarrassed himself several times — maintain power for so long?

It’s simple. FIFA allows him to do so.

Think about it. Is Blatter really the mastermind behind all this? Or is he simply a figurehead for the other 25 members of the FIFA executive board to execute their plans through? In other words, is Blatter just a fall guy?

The evidence points to Blatter just being a puppet.

blatter-640x448.jpg

This is a guy who claimed that female soccer players should “maybe wear more feminine clothes…tighter shorts and lower-cut shirts”. This is a guy who didn’t show up for the 2006 World Cup ceremony because he was afraid of getting jeered or booed. This is a guy who just this week suggested that perhaps the World Cup could soon become an “Intergalactic Cup”.

Misguided, dinosauric rube? Or is he merely putting on a show?

These are the types of statements you would hear out of your demented grandpa’s mouth, not the type of talk you would envision sprouting from the lips of the sinister mastermind of a mega-powerful corporation.

Whether it’s financial mismanagement(that courts ruled “it’s unreasonable to say he didn’t know about” the corruption scandal in the early 2000s), or encouraging bribery, somehow he manages to escape unscathed.

Other corporations would have burned Blatter by now. But somehow, he manages to stay on. Don’t you wonder why that is?

If the board of executives at FIFA really wanted Blatter gone, they would have done so by now. They’ve had ample opportunities to remove him if they decided he needed to go.

Instead, they’ve allowed him to keep his place. Because the ire that’s directed at him is anger that isn’t directed at the real people pulling the strings.

FIFA aren’t stupid. They know people hate their organization. And they also know people want a scapegoat or an outlet for their displeasure.

That’s where Sepp Blatter comes in. He’s a target that the real masterminds have set up for us to shoot at, and we’ve fallen for it, hook, line and sinker.

So next time you’re coming up with a caustic tweet, or posting something in a comments section about FIFA, stay away from Blatter. Getting angry at him is exactly what FIFA wants, and you’re just playing right into their hands.

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
THE MAN WHO WILL DOWN THE GERMAN TANKS!!!

2403317_big-lnd.jpg

"...nahbeh, how to cut through the tight german defence....they are so tight. but GOD will give me wings to my legs!!!.....for I am born to score..the little small big man whom GOD has created to bring glory to soccer and to my country..."

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
2403113_big-lnd.jpg

will he score again and again....he has already broken the world cup record!!!

Germany's forward Miroslav Klose - A DEADLY SCORER!!!

DavidMoyes

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I use LoserPOOLS to bet, my odds for taking Argentina & makan 1/2 ball is about 1.70 (approximately).

Last two games has very high interest from punters in all areas of betting. You may think that 3rd and 4th placing is insignificant but u can't take away the punt from punters. Those people who bet heavily on insignificant matches are opportunistic gamblers hoping to make a killing but the bookmakers including your sgpools are the winners. The house wins!

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
last two games has very high interest from punters in all areas of betting. You may think that 3rd and 4th placing is insignificant but u can't take away the punt from punters. Those people who bet heavily on insignificant matches are opportunistic gamblers hoping to make a killing but the bookmakers including your sgpools are the winners. The house wins!

i will bet on a total of 10 goals!!!!! Huat ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
2385056_full-lnd.jpg

Argentina striker Sergio Aguero believes his side will relish the tag of underdogs when they face Germany in the 2014 FIFA World Cup Final™ in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday.

The two sides' contrasting routes to the final has made Joachim Low's men heavy favourites to win the World Cup for a fourth time as they smashed hosts Brazil 7-1 in their semi-final, whilst Argentina only squeezed past the Netherlands on a penalty shoot-out after a 0-0 draw.

"Germany were always the favourites, along with Brazil, to win the World Cup," the striker said on Thursday. "They continue to be so now. We need to play our own game and it suits us that all the pressure is on them."

...GOD FAVOURS THE UNDERDOGS, THE MEEK, THE HUMBLE AND THE WEAK............

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if only they had matches during the weekend so ppl don't need to wake up in the middle of the night.

I wonder how some of these players get injured between matches are they out partying in brazil?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wish this moronic circus act would come to an end. :rolleyes:

I fully agree with this word "moronic circus". I didn't want to spoil the mood of football fans here. After so many years, they still cannot figure out that all the moronic act is just a entertainment show. Nothing about skills and sports :p
I bet on soccer just to try my luck to win some $ based on guessing and analysis against the market pool bets. I didn't bother to watch it knowing that it is all a act.

Wakeup football fans !