• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

old habit

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in the old days _ bus commuters, before sitting down on the just vacated seat, would use the hand to beat vigorously on the seat cushion to disperse backside heat left behind by the previous commuter. They either did that or they stood guard over the vacant seat until the seat cool down before they sat down (but not before using the finger to poke on the seat to test for the acceptable temperature).

As I seldom take bus now, do they still do that nowadays? I notice nobody does it on MRT partly due to the hard material of the MRT seats do not absorb body heat like cushioned seats.

... or what do you think if people do that to your seat after you left as though you are damn suay like that ..

kapkia

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always do that on my kapkia seat.. very cooling and shiok after beating. .

jw5

Loyal
They were actually creating more friction and hence more heat. :p

in the old days _ bus commuters, before sitting down on the just vacated seat, would use the hand to beat vigorously on the seat cushion to disperse backside heat left behind by the previous commuter. They either did that or they stood guard over the vacant seat until the seat cool down before they sat down (but not before using the finger to poke on the seat to test for the acceptable temperature).

As I seldom take bus now, do they still do that nowadays? I notice nobody does it on MRT partly due to the hard material of the MRT seats do not absorb body heat like cushioned seats.

... or what do you think if people do that to your seat after you left as though you are damn suay like that ..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you take the train regular, there are those who would seat on the edge of the hard seat, to wait for it to cool, before sliding their backsides in, these are done usually by WOMEN...& sometimes you get to see, what are you waiting for!!....

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not sure...nowadays...seldom get to sit...:biggrin: In fact...can squeeze up sung heng leow...:p

Last edited:

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya, back in the old days, some kiasi commuters would whack the hot seat with gusto before sitting down as if whacking the drums. They believed in catching piles if seats not cool enough. Nowadays, the young generation does not care a hoot. Piles or no piles, sit down first.

Last edited:

scoobydoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time, they carry handkerchief.
they use the hanky to piak piak the seats.
then later, they still use the same hanky to wipe their face or mouth!!
Yuks!!

jw5

Loyal
Do you mean the same hanky to wipe their face or mouth still have Kah Ch$ng smell?

LOL ........................ LOL

Last time, they carry handkerchief.
they use the hanky to piak piak the seats.
then later, they still use the same hanky to wipe their face or mouth!!
Yuks!!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... As I seldom take bus now, do they still do that nowadays? I notice nobody does it on MRT partly due to the hard material of the MRT seats do not absorb body heat like cushioned seats ...
nowadays, got air cond la ... seats kool fasterer, man! ...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i welcum the warm seat, especially if it's from a chio bu. the bus that i normally board has the aircon turned on to max, and i can hear the fans going on at full blast. boarding the bus is like setting for alaska in winter. when ever there's a newly vacated seat, i will chope it. :biggrin:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Commuter whacking the seats didn't bother me. What did irk me were the bus conductors who returned the change with a coin they kept in their EAR!!! Bloody filthy habit! Am glad there isn't no coin exchange with such people anymore.

Cheers!