• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GRC System - Scrap It ...

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i second these three suggestions without hesitation :smile::smile::smile:
all MPs should go on a 1-1 challenge in an SMC, where there's more than two candidates, candidate with highest vote count wins. NCMP and NMP aren't given voting rights when bills are passed, not elected by the electorate in any way. no need for these positions. i also second these suggestions because with the abolition of GRC, you can see PAP MPs dropping off like flies in no time :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

not necessarily true that the PAP will lose...

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GRC has served them well. No way they will change. Maybe with one or two more GRCs collapsing, in addition to Aljunied, they may consider.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i second these three suggestions without hesitation :smile::smile::smile:
all MPs should go on a 1-1 challenge in an SMC, where there's more than two candidates, candidate with highest vote count wins. NCMP and NMP aren't given voting rights when bills are passed, not elected by the electorate in any way. no need for these positions. i also second these suggestions because with the abolition of GRC, you can see PAP MPs dropping off like flies in no time :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

If we scrap GRC, how will we hear TPL's beautiful voice and see her fair complexion in parliament? We need GRC to get fair maidens like her in. Or else Parliament will be so boring.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If we scrap GRC, how will we hear TPL's beautiful voice and see her fair complexion in parliament? We need GRC to get fair maidens like her in. Or else Parliament will be so boring.
what are u implying ? that she canNOT win election one to one?

let s see how act big talk big some mps beocme when they have to run one on one instrad of acting so big shot beucase they came in thru back back door

Last edited:

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what are u implying ? that she canNOT win election one to one?

let s see how act big talk big some mps beocme when they have to run one on one instrad of acting so big shot beucase they came in thru back back door

Your sis in law went thru back door?

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Discussions over the GRC system have flared up and died down over the years – especially every time we have an election – and there has been no shortage of criticism. It is time for us to really think about changing this Weird System.

My suggestion :

1. All constituencies to be Single Seat.

2. GRC Scrapped.

3. Scrap Current NCMP and NMP System too.

4. Say if Parliament is 87 seats (100%), Let's have 60% Chinese 30 Malays 15% Indians 5% Others. So if Total elected is short of this quota, Selected Representatives from these Race Groups will be nominated to be NMPs to make up for the % as pre-decided and more importantly, a fairer way for their voice to be heard.

Ideas Please...

Cut all your pretenses. Just love your PAP.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
4. Say if Parliament is 87 seats (100%), Let's have 60% Chinese 30 Malays 15% Indians 5% Others. So if Total elected is short of this quota, Selected Representatives from these Race Groups will be nominated to be NMPs to make up for the % as pre-decided and more importantly, a fairer way for their voice to be heard.

There is no need for that. I can assure you that under the past system the balance will be all the same.

You cannot have that as it also allows "free ticket" candidates to get into Parliament.

There is never a "free ticket" to parliament. The purpose of proportional representation was to ensure that the distribution of votes would be reflective of distribution of parliament seats. However knowing that people can be so diverse that a number of "1%" would vote for some bizarre party, there is a threshold of 5% of the votes before the first seat is given.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GRC or SMC. the result of the election would be practically the same. it is not only Singapore when a party with 60% popular votes win 90% seats. in a plurality voting system, if a party gets 60% popular votes, they will most likely win 90% seats.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No need 80 something MPs. 700 square kilometer island, 40 can liaoz. If MP don't hold so many directorship outside, sure have time for residents.

The number of MPs is determined by population and not land size. However you are right that the number can be reduced.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If they needed fair maidens who may not make good MPs, might as well look for something like this look:

b540875efa137d4947a6e598beb876.jpg

Or this:

dasom+sistar.jpg

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Discussions over the GRC system have flared up and died down over the years – especially every time we have an election – and there has been no shortage of criticism. It is time for us to really think about changing this Weird System.

My suggestion :

Ideas Please...

You Siao ah... I run an election... Do all the hard work... Visit all the block... shake all the hards... I got elected and I have to give it to others??? BTW... You cast the vote to elect someone... He won... But you get another person to sever you???

That is why opposition supporters cannot come out with something... Only champion in stir shit...:rolleyes:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is why opposition supporters cannot come out with something... Only champion in stir shit...:rolleyes:

Basket, people's name is "I Love PAP", you call him "opposition supporter". You want him to commit suicide is it?

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Basket, people's name is "I Love PAP", you call him "opposition supporter". You want him to commit suicide is it?

I am here long enough to know who is PAP supporter who is opposition supporters...:biggrin:

The nick name here is very misleading... This IlovePAP nick... We have a few difference peoples using it...:rolleyes:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this damn GRC system is called the party block vote system ( PVB ).

Under Party Block Vote, unlike FPTP, there are multi-member districts. Voters have a single vote, and choose between party lists of candidates rather than between individuals. The party which wins most votes takes all the seats in the district, and its entire list of candidates is duly elected. As in FPTP, there is no requirement for the winner to have an absolute majority of the votes. As of 2004, PBV was used as the only system or the major component of the system in four countries—Cameroon, Chad, Djibouti and Singapore.

http://aceproject.org/ace-en/topics/es/esd/esd01/esd01c

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
scrap the 1 day cooling off period. Waste of time. No advantages to anyone except pappies where their running doggies can stir shit on the FB account and get away with it, and walk right into the parliament.

Voters already decided. If voters need the 1 day cooling off period to make up their minds, then Stinking land is FUCKED!

Last edited: