• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Ngee Ann City and not Pinoy Embassy?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sabrina Nasir, in a comment, said it wasn't fair for Lee to compare London to Singapore. "We are a small nation and allowing too many fts had caused (sic) too much inconvenience, overpopulation and an unjust employment system to your own people... Try walking in our shoes instead and understand more of your people's plights," she wrote.

Negative sentiment over the planned celebration, said Michelle Tung in a comment, comes from "deep seated (sic) concerns about overcrowding and jobs taken away by foreigners."

James Chan, pointed out that the issue wasn't the celebration itself but its chosen venue. "I am quite sure there are better places to accommodate our Filipino friends in celebrating their independence day instead of in the heart of orchard road. How about their embassy grounds? Or sentosa? Or east coast beach? Or hong lim park?"

Singapore last year tightened requirements for work passes, imposing higher fees for companies hiring foreign workers and lowering the maximum ratio of foreigners allowed in certain sectors.

- http://www.rappler.com/world/regions/asia-pacific/55873-singapore-philippines-lee-hsien-loong

KopiO

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lucky Plaza is the only shopping mall in Manila that don't require security measures like body and bag searches for entry or metal detectors.

As an Honorary member of the Ngee Ann Kongsi, I insist this PIDC, whatever, should be eke in Lucky Plaza.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even in Ngee Ann city, there will be stampede. Waiting for another Hilsborough
to happen? Who is footing the CDefence, aftermath cleaning, traffic/pedesterian control,
other deployments' expenses?
I dont need to graduate fm Cambridge to anticipate all these.

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even in Ngee Ann city, there will be stampede. Waiting for another Hilsborough
to happen? Who is footing the CDefence, aftermath cleaning, traffic/pedesterian control,
other deployments' expenses?
I dont need to graduate fm Cambridge to anticipate all these.

Well said...for that...we should ban all outdoor election rallies too..