• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do we still want traitors to have absolute rule over us?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
76689.57 in reply to 76689.56
[h=1]DO WE STILL WANT PAP TO HAVE ABSOLUTE RULE OVER US?[/h]

Post date:
18 Apr 2014 - 2:03pm

I refer to the article: "STRAITS TIMES WRITER: THANK YOU PAP FOR IMPROVING SINGAPORE SO MUCH AFTER GE2011"
Good reflections, Douglas!
But on the contrary, if the people did not make those noises of dissatisfaction, then the likelihood of the government not doing anything at all and ignoring the complaints would also be very high, isn’t it? I think the PAP suddenly realized that the tide was turning against them and that’s why they had to react appropriately. In order not to cause more damage politically, it is in their long term interest to make those changes, but the reality is the price of housing will never go back to when it was really affordable for the ordinary Singaporeans. The damage was done already!
The issue today is more about whether or not we allow the government to continue to have the absolute right of adopting the paternalistic way of ruling the people. To me, the ruling party has not changed a bit in this area. They still think it is their birth right to rule Singapore, and without them Singapore will sink.
To them, all who are not aligned to the PAP are people who are naive, and are not good enough to suggest better ideas for the good of this nation. At least to many of us, the message is if you are not elite, you will never be good enough to contribute to this country. And unfortunately, they hope that many of us will think of the opposition parties that way. If you vote the oppositions, it is going be suicidal because Singapore will not be able to maintain its prosperity and our future generations will suffer. I know my mother and many old folks still think like this.
Douglas, it is not necessary for you convince us that the government has improved during the last 3 years. In fact, it is their duty to improve things. After all, they are paid very well, much better than commercial rate, and they are expected to do their jobs.
But to convince us that they really want to listen to the voices of the people, I have my doubts. On the other hand, it is without doubt that I am convinced we should have more opposition representation in parliament come next election, and I will rejoice with many when this day comes. It will be a new beginning for Singapore, and I will be extremely happy that many good Singaporeans who hold different views from the ruling party will step forward courageously to serve this nation.

Albert

<tbody>
</tbody>