• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cast Your Vote! Have Your Say on Pinoy Independence Day!

Is it Proper For Pinoys in Singapore To Celebrate Publicly in Ngee Ann City instead o

• YES

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • NO

Votes: 95 93.1%

• Total voters

Anonymous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it Proper For Pinoys in Singapore To Celebrate Publicly in Ngee Ann City instead of a private venue?

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes its fine....its only a concert and some free food for the poor who have scant entertainment.

No speeches of political nature should be made, of course.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Independence is one of the worst things to have happened to Pinoyland... what's there to celebrate?

Also, I doubt I see any other country's nationals publicly celebrate their independence day (or equivalent) in Singapore. You don't see Thais, Japs, PRCs, Viets or Indons do it. Why are Pinoys so special, and get special treatment? :rolleyes:

This Pinoy Pride thing has gone too far. Someone needs to nip it in the bud.

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let the maids have their fun...what's the big deal? Though i think lots of Ah Nehs will be there to have "fun" with these maids....:biggrin:

AhGirl

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why cant they have their party in the embassy compound or book a stadium for private event?
Why caused so much problems here???

Singapore

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If this poll results are accurate, it seriously reflect the deep seated resentment against the current PAP regime.

For me, I voted NO.

I am no racist. Neither am I strongly against foreigners in Singapore competing with us if it is fair play.

However, there is too much unfairness against locals in the MNCs and this movement will set to rise against the current PAP regime.

Also, why cant they celebrate low key like in a enclosed space (eg, indoor stadium)..

I suspect the PAP regime did not expect such a HUGE backlash at this event.

LHL calling Singaporeans "disgraceful" - who are against this event - shows that HE IS OUT OF TOUCH.

Sad...but true...

Last edited:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is my belief that we don't go celebrating PUBLICLY in another country, an event that is strictly of interest only to your own folks. Even if the host country does not object, we should not do it. It is basic courtesy. Why put the host in an uncomfortable position? When leaders do not understand or appreciate the sensitivity and delicacies of such simple issue that can affect the sense of belonging of ordinary man on the street but choose to dismiss the few opposing voices as trolls, their days are numbered.

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is my belief that we don't go celebrating PUBLICLY in another country, an event that is strictly of interest only to your own folks. Even if the host country does not object, we should not do it. It is basic courtesy. Why put the host in an uncomfortable position? When leaders do not understand or appreciate the sensitivity and delicacies of such simple issue that can affect the sense of belonging of ordinary man on the street but choose to dismiss the few opposing voices as trolls, their days are numbered.

Well said...added to your points..:biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I have not even use my clones to vote yet and PAP oredi suffered OVERWHELMING LOSS in this Poll..... hahahahaha :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1979522_710157012340764_3630336818353143460_n.jpg