• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TCJ warns of bigotry woh...

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Excerpt from "S’poreans should say no to bigotry, says Tan Chuan-Jin", Channel NewsAsia

In a Facebook post yesterday, Mr Tan said: “These actions by those who peddle hate are not acceptable, repulsive even.”

“We should make a stand to say no to such bigotry. They do not reflect who we are as a people and as a nation,” he added.

Mr Tan also noted that there have been Singaporeans who celebrate the Republic’s National Day in other countries, and that he could not imagine what it would be like if attacked in this way.

The organisers have said they would go ahead with holding the event.

This idiotic scum in white peddles lies and tries to hoodwink and obfuscate the issue.
Singapore Day is not the same as Singapore National Day.

Show us evidence that we celebrate Singapore National Day (NOT Singapore Day) in other countries public space otherwise he is just a liar.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
trai·tor
'trat?r/ <audio src="https://ssl.gstatic.com/dictionary/static/sounds/de/0/traitor.mp3" preload="auto" data-dobid="aud"> </audio>
noun
noun: traitor; plural noun: traitors

a person who betrays a friend, country, principle, etc.
    "they see me as a traitor, a sellout to the enemy"
    synonyms:betrayer, backstabber, double-crosser, renegade, fifth columnist;

<tbody>
    </tbody>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/sporeans-should-say-no-bigotry-says-tan-chuan-jin

<form class="closeButtonAfterLogin" id="u_0_m" action="#" method="post"><input name="lsd" type="hidden" value="AVrf7OPO" autocomplete="off"><label class="uiCloseButton" for="u_0_6"><input title="Report" id="u_0_6" aria-label="Report" type="submit" value="Submit Query"></label></form>Ronald Koh · Top Commenter · Singapore, Singapore<i class="star img sp_comments sx_comments_star">Singaporean are not bigotry, nor xenophobic, although, the continuous unbridled inflow of foreigners stealing are jobs are real concerns, as more and more Singaporeans are side lined for jobs, as employers have field day to select, at lowest cost, with no NS disruption candidates from other countries.
On this subject of other country celebrating their national day event here in Singapore, I beg to differ with your analysis. Singaporean are not against the celebration. However, such celebration are typically held in their embassy , or some function halls if bigger space is needed. The foreign countries are mindful, n sensitive that they are guest, n behave as such.
In this case, whatever the organizer objectives, to hold the celebration in a iconic location right smack in orchard road, they lack curtesy n sensitivity that they are guest. Further, their posters, and message are insensitive and I even suggest both inappropriate and disgraceful as guest.
Guest must behave as guest, not owner, and act as such. We therefore believed that things are getting out of hands, n we Singaporean must speak up if your guest misbehave.
Reply · Like<form class="fbUpDownVoteAfterLogin" id="u_0_n" action="#" method="post"><input name="lsd" type="hidden" value="AVrf7OPO" autocomplete="off"><label class="uiLinkButton fbUpDownVoteAfterLoginOption"><input class="uiLinkButtonInput" type="submit" value="Like"></label></form> · <a class="uiLinkSubtle" href="http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/sporeans-should-say-no-bigotry-says-tan-chuan-jin?fb_comment_id=fbc_616206125115214_4875450_616323941770099" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><abbr title="Friday, April 18, 2014 at 8:26pm" class="timestamp" data-utime="1397877984">29 minutes ago</abbr>

<i class="star img sp_comments sx_comments_star"><form class="composer clearfix composerReply hidden_elem" id="u_0_7" action="/ajax/connect/feedback.php" method="post" rel="async"><input name="lsd" type="hidden" value="AVrf7OPO" autocomplete="off"><input name="uniqid" type="hidden" value="u_0_4" autocomplete="off"><input name="url" type="hidden" value="http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/sporeans-should-say-no-bigotry-says-tan-chuan-jin" autocomplete="off"><input name="colorscheme" type="hidden" value="light" autocomplete="off"><input name="controller_id" type="hidden" value="feedback_0z5EPo4u7uyyMRJRd" autocomplete="off"><input name="locale" type="hidden" value="en_US" autocomplete="off"><input name="comment_id" type="hidden" value="fbc_616206125115214_4875450_616323941770099" autocomplete="off"><input name="command" type="hidden" value="reply" autocomplete="off"><input name="target" type="hidden" value="http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/sporeans-should-say-no-bigotry-says-tan-chuan-jin" autocomplete="off">
odA9sNLrE86.jpg
<textarea name="text" title="Add a Reply..." class="DOMControl_placeholder uiTextareaNoResize uiTextareaAutogrow" aria-required="true" required="1" placeholder="Add a Reply...">Add a Reply...</textarea>

<label class="fbReplyButton uiButton uiButtonConfirm hidden_elem" for="u_0_8"><input id="u_0_8" type="submit" value="Reply"></label><label class="fbReplyAfterLoginButton uiButton uiButtonConfirm" for="u_0_9"><input id="u_0_9" type="submit" value="Reply"></label>

</form>

</i><i class="star img sp_comments sx_comments_star"><i class="star img sp_comments sx_comments_star"> <form class="closeButtonAfterLogin" id="u_0_o" action="#" method="post"><input name="lsd" type="hidden" value="AVrf7OPO" autocomplete="off"><label class="uiCloseButton" for="u_0_c"><input title="Report" id="u_0_c" aria-label="Report" type="submit" value="Submit Query"></label></form>John Kemp · Top Commenter · Driver at USAirways<i class="star img sp_comments sx_comments_star">Ft boasting will 'blow up MBS and FT flag/Soldier graphic over MBS skyline will elicit this response from true blue.Its comes under 'Physiological/Social'
defence remember?

Reply · Like<form class="fbUpDownVoteAfterLogin" id="u_0_p" action="#" method="post"><input name="lsd" type="hidden" value="AVrf7OPO" autocomplete="off"><label class="uiLinkButton fbUpDownVoteAfterLoginOption"><input class="uiLinkButtonInput" type="submit" value="Like"></label></form> · <a class="uiLinkSubtle" href="http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.todayonline.com%2Fsingapore%2Fsporeans-should-say-no-bigotry-says-tan-chuan-jin%3Ffb_comment_id%3Dfbc_616206125115214_4875498_616329311769562&h=XAQFUBRBH&s=1" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><abbr title="Friday, April 18, 2014 at 8:52pm" class="timestamp" data-utime="1397879545">3 minutes ago</abbr>

<i class="star img sp_comments sx_comments_star"><form class="composer clearfix composerReply hidden_elem" id="u_0_d" action="/ajax/connect/feedback.php" method="post" rel="async"><input name="lsd" type="hidden" value="AVrf7OPO" autocomplete="off"><input name="uniqid" type="hidden" value="u_0_a" autocomplete="off"><input name="url" type="hidden" value="http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/sporeans-should-say-no-bigotry-says-tan-chuan-jin" autocomplete="off"><input name="colorscheme" type="hidden" value="light" autocomplete="off"><input name="controller_id" type="hidden" value="feedback_0z5EPo4u7uyyMRJRd" autocomplete="off"><input name="locale" type="hidden" value="en_US" autocomplete="off"><input name="comment_id" type="hidden" value="fbc_616206125115214_4875498_616329311769562" autocomplete="off"><input name="command" type="hidden" value="reply" autocomplete="off"><input name="target" type="hidden" value="http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/sporeans-should-say-no-bigotry-says-tan-chuan-jin" autocomplete="off">
odA9sNLrE86.jpg
<textarea name="text" title="Add a Reply..." class="DOMControl_placeholder uiTextareaNoResize uiTextareaAutogrow" aria-required="true" required="1" placeholder="Add a Reply...">Add a Reply...</textarea>

<label class="fbReplyButton uiButton uiButtonConfirm hidden_elem" for="u_0_e"><input id="u_0_e" type="submit" value="Reply"></label><label class="fbReplyAfterLoginButton uiButton uiButtonConfirm" for="u_0_f"><input id="u_0_f" type="submit" value="Reply"></label>

</form>

</i> <form class="closeButtonAfterLogin" id="u_0_q" action="#" method="post"><input name="lsd" type="hidden" value="AVrf7OPO" autocomplete="off"><label class="uiCloseButton" for="u_0_i"><input title="Report" id="u_0_i" aria-label="Report" type="submit" value="Submit Query"></label></form>John Kemp · Top Commenter · Driver at USAirwaysAnd there is a difference between BIGOTRY,INTOLERANCE AND XENOPHOBIA

Go learn.

Reply · Like<form class="fbUpDownVoteAfterLogin" id="u_0_r" action="#" method="post"><input name="lsd" type="hidden" value="AVrf7OPO" autocomplete="off"><label class="uiLinkButton fbUpDownVoteAfterLoginOption"><input class="uiLinkButtonInput" type="submit" value="Like"></label></form> · <a class="uiLinkSubtle" href="http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.todayonline.com%2Fsingapore%2Fsporeans-should-say-no-bigotry-says-tan-chuan-jin%3Ffb_comment_id%3Dfbc_616206125115214_4875504_616329738436186&h=NAQFwn3Ck&s=1" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><abbr title="Friday, April 18, 2014 at 8:54pm" class="timestamp" data-utime="1397879644">about a minute ago</abbr>

</i></i></i></i>

Last edited:

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
When WP want to organise cycling event at east coast park, govt say cannot. Permit not issue. Now foreigners want to celebrate their fuck independence day at orchard, govt open hand open leg welcome them! And then accuse us of bigotry?! We are talking abt attendence of 200 people vs possible 100-200k people!!

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
When WP want to organise cycling event at east coast park, govt say cannot. Permit not issue. Now foreigners want to celebrate their fuck independence day at orchard, govt open hand open leg welcome them! And then accuse us of bigotry?! We are talking abt attendence of 200 people vs possible 100-200k people!!

Right. Singaporeans cannot celebrate anything in public without a permit but foreigners can. The only thing good to come out of this is that Singaporeans who are paying attention will fully understand the position of their government. What they choose to do about it remains to be seen.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: Temasek Review

10170757_645693142150671_5488290249226130668_n.jpg

Our official rebuttal to Acting Minister for Manpower Tan Chuan-Jin's facebook post in defense of the Philippine Independence Day celebration to be held on 8 June 2014 at Ngee Ann City:

1. We welcome all foreign nations with diplomatic relations with Singapore to celebrate their respective Independence Day or National Day in Singapore with spirit of mutual respect to both nations.

2. In accordance to diplomatic protocols, such celebrations should be held within the embassy compound of the foreign nation or in a private ballroom. Flags of both nations must be displayed prominently during the event.

3. The upcoming Philippine Independence Day celebration organized by the Pilipino Independence Day Council Singapore (PIDCS) does not adhere of the diplomatic protocols above thus we advised the organizers to move the proposed venue to inside the Philippines embassy or a hotel's ballroom.

4. National Day celebration organized by Singapore embassy or mission aboard is held strictly within at a hotel's ballroom.

5. Minister Tan should not be awed by the "bigotry" expressed by Singaporeans towards the event whereby Singapore is going to be overrun by foreigners which make up of nearly half of the country's total population.

6. Singaporeans are already near to their level of tolerance threshold towards Filipinos whereby allowing them to gather in large numbers during Sundays at Orchard Road which is our prime shopping zone.

7. We urge Minister Tan to do some reflection on himself as well as his political party on Singaporean there is increasing tensions between locals and foreigners before things goes out of hand.

jw5

Loyal
Ooooooohhhhh, scary................. warning................... :rolleyes:

Will he say this next: "If we become bigots, we will be Finished!"

Remember which pieceofshit used to talk like that?

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: Say "No" to an overpopulated Singapore

10168184_715211288502003_8519514627752194157_n.jpg

Look what else we found from PIDC Singapore:
Banner image depicting FILIPINO SOLDIERS raising their flag, with the symbolic imperial 'Rising Sun' rays conquering over the skyline of Singapore. (And here's another one: http://on.fb.me/1qUgPsI )

Hey Minister Tan Chuan-Jin, how are you going to explain this 'bigotry' display by them?

Come on Singaporeans! 'SHARE' this post out to all your Facebook friends! Let them see what's going on.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans are against Pinoys celebrating their independence day in open public space (as well as the design of their posters) and not against Pinoys celebrating their independence day.

Coming from a Pappy's mouth, it now became Singaporeans against Pinoys celebrating their independence day. And yet again, Singaporeans are being blamed for it, for being repulsive, bigotry on top of being xenophobic. He did not even mentioned about the posters.

Not only have hey lost their backbone and bending over for FTs, they have now reached another new low by fucking Singaporeans for not bending together with them.

Is it really bigotry to stand up for your country against foreigners trying to show their strength and importance in your country?

Last edited: