• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Name the most useless cabinet minister as well as the most untrustworthy minister

Alantis

Alfrescian
Loyal
My choice will be Lui TY and Khaw BW respectively.
For Lui the title goes to him undisputed; Khaw is because of the things he said...

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Useless - Zorro Lim ( I have no idea how he contributes to this country despite the amount of noise he makes)
Untrustworthy - Viv B (after the Aljunied Spring cleaning episode and trying to pass off flood as "ponding" can this guy be trusted)

You are joking right? The simple answer is that they are all useless and untrustworthy. Better to ask the question "Which cabinet Minister is useful and which is trustworthy?" At least the answer can be shortened to "NONE".

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can safely claim that majority of those female MIWs are pretty useless and cannot be trusted.
One particular "flower pot" only knows how to act on script even on tv shows.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
One reason Singapore have been able to maintain a clean system is pay.

We pay the Ministers properly, in line with the quality of the officers and the value of their contributions. We will continue to maintain this policy.

In return, we insist on high standards of performance and integrity. If a Minister has discovered to have been dishonest, we will punish him to the full extent of the law. We will maintain this principle too, even when it is embarrassing to the Government. It is more important than ever to maintain a clean system in Singapore.

The Minister's Job is bigger now in the New World, the job is more complex. We have more transactions, and bigger sums involved. The span of control is wider. We need to decentralise our organisation and devolve authority so that Ministers can respond more quickly, appropriately and flexibly to needs on the ground.

But at the same time, we must complement this with central oversight, proper procedures and effective but not stifling checks and balances.

THE PAP Ministers has done Well...please give them a round of applause! :biggrin:
ENOUGH money? hahahaha dont make me laugh

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apologies. Can only reply days later. Too many to consider for each category. Much easier if you ask who is the most useful and trustworthy minister. Difficult to answer too but slightly easier.

Competency wise, you have to give it to Khaw for turning things around.

Tharman follows next but only in the finance field. To be fair, Lee HL isn't that bad.

Character wise, Tharman. Khaw like the most of them do not score. Others with better character are Gan, Iswaran and Heng, although the same can't be said of competency.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
turning around? you know he is responsible for reducing the nos of hospitals and the current bed crunch? you know that he spent multi millions on what is now known as the tamiflu scam?

n lets not forget him standby by NKF and NPark at the right time.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
if you do a poll, zorro will get the highest vote for being the most useless. in the first place, what's his role? tkss??

Lim Swee Say is one of the most talented of all the Ministers. Nobody can multitask like he can.

Bishan Tiger2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroo,

I thought "ponding" term was before Viv B took over. I clearly remembered VB saying that he did not approve the term ponding when a reporter asked. It think ponding was from that "onece in 50 years" excuse Ibrahim minister.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Scroo,

I thought "ponding" term was before Viv B took over. I clearly remembered VB saying that he did not approve the term ponding when a reporter asked. It think ponding was from that "onece in 50 years" excuse Ibrahim minister.

Regardless of who used the term, everybody is ignoring the fact that it is the correct term to use to describe the situation that occurred.

Ponding is the accumulation of excess water in low lying areas. Damage is minimal

Flooding is widespread and destructive. This is what flooding looks like.

120622014618-minnesota-flooding-08-horizontal-gallery.jpg

643846-main-flood.jpg

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
turning around? you know he is responsible for reducing the nos of hospitals and the current bed crunch? you know that he spent multi millions on what is now known as the tamiflu scam?

There has never been a reduction in hospitals. The bed crunch is similar to housing crunch and transport crunch. Too many people. However that is Gan Kim Yong's problem.

Khaw did something to reduce healthcare costs and increased supply of HDB flats.

There is an opinion that Tamiflu and Relenza does not actually help prevent flu, but governments around the world has purchased them, not just Singapore.

LimSiaSuay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lim Swee Say is one of the most talented of all the Ministers. Nobody can multitask like he can.

thank you once again... my efforts has not gone in vain. I am sure that who knows me well enough appreciate every little bit of my humor and things I do for the betterer best of singapore.

also please up my point if you find that I am talented.

thank you.. kam siah.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All the fucking Stinkapore walking bags of excrement ministers range from totally useless to utterly useless with no fucking redeeming freatures other than
they are are vicious and liars and dedicated to squeezing and raping and collecting hundreds of billions from singaporeans for that fucking smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY stinkapore sovereign funds and to pay themselves and their cronies and running dogs

HANG THEM ALL HIGH WITH PIANO WIRES FROM LAMP POSTS AND SEE THOSE BASTARDS AND BITCHES ALL DANCE UNDER THE LAMP POSTS

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
All the fucking Stinkapore walking bags of excrement ministers range from totally useless to utterly useless with no fucking redeeming freatures other than
they are are vicious and liars and dedicated to squeezing and raping and collecting hundreds of billions from singaporeans for that fucking smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY stinkapore sovereign funds and to pay themselves and their cronies and running dogs

You're a raving looney. :eek: There's obviously too much dark matter in your brain which has affected the orbit of the electrons in your cerebral cortex. :rolleyes:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regardless of who used the term, everybody is ignoring the fact that it is the correct term to use to describe the situation that occurred.

Ponding is the accumulation of excess water in low lying areas. Damage is minimal

Flooding is widespread and destructive. This is what flooding looks like.

120622014618-minnesota-flooding-08-horizontal-gallery.jpg

643846-main-flood.jpg

If ordinary Singaporeans are affected it's ponding. If businesses are affected it's a flood. If the government is affected it's a tsunami.
We can expect more ponding in future. No wonder we have a Rear Admiral in charge of Transportation. With global warming and rising sea levels I expect to see more boats being used as everyday transportation in future. Yes the government thinks far ahead.