• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Name the most useless cabinet minister as well as the most untrustworthy minister

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Useless - Zorro Lim ( I have no idea how he contributes to this country despite the amount of noise he makes)
Untrustworthy - Viv B (after the Aljunied Spring cleaning episode and trying to pass off flood as "ponding" can this guy be trusted)

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY top the list.

Useless - Zorro Lim ( I have no idea how he contributes to this country despite the amount of noise he makes)
Untrustworthy - Viv B (after the Aljunied Spring cleaning episode and trying to pass off flood as "ponding" can this guy be trusted)

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apologies. Can only reply days later. Too many to consider for each category. Much easier if you ask who is the most useful and trustworthy minister. Difficult to answer too but slightly easier.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zorro is the resident cabinet clown who the others look towards for something amusing to break the sombre, monotonous mood during meetings and after that, someone will go up, to him and say "so swee say, where's the best resto for toothpicks these days?" and pinky will breath a sigh of relief and thank him secretly for coming to his rescue.

another cbl is yakult, only there on account of his race and to keep his ilk at bay, followed closely by halimah-kahai :wink:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We are spoilt for choice.. Too many of them eligible for this honour..

But I gonna go for that foul mouthed skunk Zorro Lim and Abang Yakult to equally share the honour of being the most useless Cabinet Minister..

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

Whole cabinet useless!! After all they r the ones coming out with all these FT policies!!

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Since the cabinet shares collective responsibility they are all pretty much in the same rank as far as usefulness is concerned. As for the most being untrustworthy, look at whoever is moving his mouth the most at the time. I would exempt Tharman perhaps. I am tempted to exempt LHL for as most of the time it is not intentional , make of that what you will. Anyway, most serving politicians break their promises sooner or later. Better not to make any promises. Notice LKY never did.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tharman strikes me as the most trustworthy and reliable. Chan and MOM Tan strike me as the type that will do anything to help themselves politically.

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All Our Ministers are Highly Qualified and Well Sought After by many International MNCs.

Don't Malign Them.

They are all supremoes in Leadership, without which Singapore would have Collapsed.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I get the impression that LHL prefers to keep a distance from his cabinet colleagues. Not to mention he goes to ground when there is a PR disaster. Teo usually does the dirty work.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got a point. Agree on Tharman. Tan Cheng Bock said the same about Tharman.

Since the cabinet shares collective responsibility they are all pretty much in the same rank as far as usefulness is concerned. As for the most being untrustworthy, look at whoever is moving his mouth the most at the time. I would exempt Tharman perhaps. I am tempted to exempt LHL for as most of the time it is not intentional , make of that what you will. Anyway, most serving politicians break their promises sooner or later. Better not to make any promises. Notice LKY never did.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the most bogus and the most underwhelming is Halimah, though not in cabinet, she continues to stay in public housing to prove a point. Similar to old man and his old furniture in his house.

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One reason Singapore have been able to maintain a clean system is pay.

We pay the Ministers properly, in line with the quality of the officers and the value of their contributions. We will continue to maintain this policy.

In return, we insist on high standards of performance and integrity. If a Minister has discovered to have been dishonest, we will punish him to the full extent of the law. We will maintain this principle too, even when it is embarrassing to the Government. It is more important than ever to maintain a clean system in Singapore.

The Minister's Job is bigger now in the New World, the job is more complex. We have more transactions, and bigger sums involved. The span of control is wider. We need to decentralise our organisation and devolve authority so that Ministers can respond more quickly, appropriately and flexibly to needs on the ground.

But at the same time, we must complement this with central oversight, proper procedures and effective but not stifling checks and balances.

THE PAP Ministers has done Well...please give them a round of applause! :biggrin:

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the most bogus and the most underwhelming is Halimah, though not in cabinet, she continues to stay in public housing to prove a point. Similar to old man and his old furniture in his house.
You must be a Racist.