• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Proof that the PAP listens to the people and is on the right track

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If I relied on the mood of this forum, I'd end up with the impression that the PAP's performance is getting worse by the day and that the popularity of the government has plunged to new lows. I was therefore pleasantly surprised to find that this isn't the case after all.

The government listened to the people in 2011 and has transformed the nation in a short span of 3 years at a pace which no other government can possibly match.

I foresee a 70/30 vote in favour of the PAP in the next general election.

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-letters/story/three-years-changed-spore-20140417

Three years on, a changed S'pore

PUBLISHED ON APR 17, 2014 1:03 AM

DURING the last general election, public sentiment towards government policies was generally negative.

You could almost sense that the people were clamouring for change, with opposition parties seizing on almost every contentious issue - from housing shortages and cost of living to public transport and foreign workers - to drum up support.

In short, many people thought the nation was heading in the wrong direction.

GE2011 turned out to be a watershed election that redefined Singapore politics, with the ruling party losing a group representation constituency for the first time.
This was enough to impel the Government to act - and it did almost instantly.

Three years after the election, Singapore has been transformed.

Cash over valuation for flats has plunged from a high of $100,000 to almost zero today; the supply of Build-to-Order flats has made the resale market unattractive; and measures to curb private property speculation have stabilised the market - at least for the short term.

Also, curbs on foreign workers have benefited Singaporean workers across all sectors of industry.

Transportation issues are manageable now, with more buses added and more MRT lines open.

And with more childcare centres, working parents are able to have peace of mind.

It feels as if we have got our country back. This is truly an amazing feeling, and is testimony to our effective government. Our leaders have listened and were not afraid to reverse policies when necessary.

If we look around the region, we will find that there is no government, past or present, able to turn things around so quickly and effectively.

Ours did, and whatever differences in opinion we may harbour or however we perceive the Government, we should be grateful that our voices were heard and our nation is back on the right track.

Douglas Chua

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Listen to my lanjiao lah..

near the GE already then listen, i also know how to do that.. smart ones will know their tricks..

More over that is a public flat which sinkies can't own. They should not charge it so expensive in the first place.

And now try to act like they listen to people, my ass.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Douglas Chua must be smoking his socks. Our esteemed President, and former PAP cabinet minister and DPM won PE by 35.20% votes and by an incredibly slim margin of 0.35%. A young lady who is an ordinary insurance sales trainer whipped the PAP endorsed surgeon by 10%. WP who lost an MP in scandal recovered its seat with no sweat. We are talking about a trend here.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
50-50%, get full throttle to serve u. Ppl r in control. :biggrin:
Btw, i dun see any diff..:biggrin:

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST, you believe them?

Old fart is going to die soon anytime and the ground must be sweet when he pass away no monster curses at him and his family.

If I relied on the mood of this forum, I'd end up with the impression that the PAP's performance is getting worse by the day and that the popularity of the government has plunged to new lows. I was therefore pleasantly surprised to find that this isn't the case after all.

The government listened to the people in 2011 and has transformed the nation in a short span of 3 years at a pace which no other government can possibly match.

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-letters/story/three-years-changed-spore-20140417

DURING the last general election, public sentiment towards government policies was generally negative.

You could almost sense that the people were clamouring for change, with opposition parties seizing on almost every contentious issue - from housing shortages and cost of living to public transport and foreign workers - to drum up support.

GE2011 turned out to be a watershed election that redefined Singapore politics, with the ruling party losing a group representation constituency for the first time.

Cash over valuation for flats has plunged from a high of $100,000 to almost zero today; the supply of Build-to-Order flats has made the resale market unattractive; and measures to curb private property speculation have stabilised the market - at least for the short term.

Also, curbs on foreign workers have benefited Singaporean workers across all sectors of industry.

Transportation issues are manageable now, with more buses added and more MRT lines open.

And with more childcare centres, working parents are able to have peace of mind.

It feels as if we have got our country back. This is truly an amazing feeling, and is testimony to our effective government. Our leaders have listened and were not afraid to reverse policies when necessary.

If we look around the region, we will find that there is no government, past or present, able to turn things around so quickly and effectively.

Ours did, and whatever differences in opinion we may harbour or however we perceive the Government, we should be grateful that our voices were heard and our nation is back on the right track.

Douglas Chua

Last edited:

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. See how those people who always KPKB are now poorer due to their pigeon holes worth dropping? Thes oppo supporters deserved it. There is always a reason for the poor to be poorer.

Douglas Chua

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Listen to my lanjiao lah..

near the GE already then listen, i also know how to do that.. smart ones will know their tricks..

More over that is a public flat which sinkies can't own. They should not charge it so expensive in the first place.

And now try to act like they listen to people, my ass.

You mean you actually have a lanjiao? You mean your ladyboy's lanjiao?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
All this emphasis on value of resale and COV is useless if you are planning to stay in 1 property. What is more meaningful is whether real income has increased to keep pace with inflation. I doubt so.

Do uni grads even earn $3k now?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Agreed. See how those people who always KPKB are now poorer due to their pigeon holes worth dropping? Thes oppo supporters deserved it. There is always a reason for the poor to be poorer.

Well said. I have added to your points.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Are you so blind to not know the reason? There is only one reason why sinkees are in such a sorry state. I think you are smart enough to know but are you courageous to admit it?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why should a public flat cost $400k? It is social housing and should be sold at cost plus a small margin to cover administration. Land cost should not be included as it belongs to the people.

Why should sinkees retire with so little savings when they 25 percent of their income is socked away? The PAP is stealing from sinkees. There is NO reason why sinkees can't enjoy a pension when so much money is saved.

Why is healthcare in such a sorry state?

Blah, blah, blah.

Sinkapore is degrading, NOT improving.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow is this the standard of journalism we get in Singapore ?firstly the entire argument consist of 4 short sentences.secondly the 4 different claims were presented without any statistics or evidence or proof at all.....wtf even pop culture pseudoeconomics books like freakonomics at least bother to do some research and analysis and write a entire farking thesis and come up with some ingenious answers to society questions to present their case.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HDB is a ponzi scam.it only benefits the people who got in early.everyone else is just paying the price to keep the ponzi going.

Besides high property price only benefits people who owns more than one property multiple residences .otherwise its just a roof over ur head just like everyone's else.how can u be rich when u only have one roof and its not even as good as those with 2 storey bungalow roofs in Malaysia?

Last edited:

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
If WP comes to power and your Pigeon hole now cost 40k, you will jump from it.

Why should a public flat cost $400k? It is social housing and should be sold at cost plus a small margin to cover administration. Land cost should not be included as it belongs to the people.

Why should sinkees retire with so little savings when they 25 percent of their income is socked away? The PAP is stealing from sinkees. There is NO reason why sinkees can't enjoy a pension when so much money is saved.

Why is healthcare in such a sorry state?

Blah, blah, blah.

Sinkapore is degrading, NOT improving.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
of cos got listen... when pple complain too much morning traffic, they immediately raise the ERP without batting an eye.

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
By jove, this Douglas Chua chappie is positively brimming with confidence, what?! He is even more positive than that fellow without portfolio who steals toothpicks from restaurants.

I think we would do well to employ Douglas Chua as a Minister and give him a couple of million dollars in salary to boost Singaporean spirits, and keep us all happy and gay through the next elections. I hope Douglas can join the PAP cadre and stand for elections in Hougang, and get rid of that old oppo man who wants to be a bus conductor and abuse the driver.