• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bros, does this story sound familiar?

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is so clever to extrapolate his mother died first follow by the father and he, can the god (gong he fat choy) Plans the mother/he/father, becos god have almighty power.

Can we proposed to revert the estate duty Acts back? of cause must be approved by parliament, right.

His mother was the richest woman in SIngapore. SO rich that they change the law to eliminate estate duty and taxes before she died or else, Gay Loong pay like fuck.

topspin

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His mother was the richest woman in SIngapore. SO rich that they change the law to eliminate estate duty and taxes before she died or else, Gay Loong pay like fuck.

Hey humchee go back to your tree and stop polluting the forum with the BS but go for your papsmear first humchee.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is the white paper and the result of the appalling elections results that PAP had and LHL promise that he made on accepting office to look into the salaries. Thats when people realised that someone's salary can go way past 2 years. As I said when someone raises it in parliament you get the glance of what happened and you realise that they moved the dial in between.

Note the uncapped SVP.

Nowhere will you find the full salary tables that is broken down based on things like OMS, non OMS, intelligence, Foreign Service etc. The grades may be the same but the figures after all kinds of allowances are different.The entire list for superscale staff have not been revealed since the early 1990s.

Believe me, this is one area i am very familiar with. The ability to be remain opaque and yet give the notion of transparency is well known PAP trait.

A few years ago, as I was going thru People Association's published financials and it had an entry for Pensions. So who was drawing pensions in a stat board? Why is the line there?

So tell me what about the procedure for residing in the Istana. Anywhere is this published?

It's all here http://www.psd.gov.sg/content/psd/en/white_paper/white_paper.html/

The salary, the various bonuses, the range... all spelt out in black and white and approved by Parliament.

The Singapore government isn't some tin pot dictatorship that can pay itself whatever it wants. I has to adhere to laws of the land just like everybody else in Singapore. The hallmark of the Singapore system is integrity and honesty and the PAP displays this quality in bucket loads.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Believe me, this is one area i am very familiar with. The ability to be remain opaque and yet give the notion of transparency is well known PAP trait.

Everyone is entitled to a certain degree of privacy. I file my tax returns yearly and do my best to adhere to all tax laws but it does not mean that I am obliged to upload a copy on the net for the whole world to see.

EG how much I spent on "entertainment" at the local massage parlor is my business and mine alone. As long as it was genuine entertainment for a real client, I am allowed to include it as a business expense.

Ministers are individuals too and they deserve the same private space as the rest of us when it comes to their personal finances.

Take the bonuses as an example if the fact that Minister A received 1 month but Minister B got 8 months, it undermines the position of Minister A in the eyes of the public if this info is disclosed. It will lead to a situation where a Minister loses all authority to do an effective job.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If you have to be abusive in order to bolster your arguments, you obviously don't have a leg to stand on the first place. Show me one post that I made where I had to resort to personal attacks and profanities.

This is because you are acting like a child. All I asked you for was the actual amount that Gay Loong earned. For 2013? For 2012? For 2011? You jump all over the place like a little flea avoiding the question. The so called white paper that you quoted only gives what Gay Loong can earn THEORETICALLY. It says what he can SUPPOSEDLY earned if he achieved this bonus, that bonus, etc. I don't care about what he can theoretically or supposedly or projected to earn. I just want to know what all other SIngaporeans want to know. What did he actually earn in dollar numbers for salary and bonus?. I have even attached President Obama's tax as an example of real transparency. OK, I have not used abusive language in this post to you. Kindly stop smoking everyone and tell us what it is. Or else, shut up and admit there is nothing transparent about SIngapore.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Everyone is entitled to a certain degree of privacy. I file my tax returns yearly and do my best to adhere to all tax laws but it does not mean that I am obliged to upload a copy on the net for the whole world to see.

EG how much I spent on "entertainment" at the local massage parlor is my business and mine alone. As long as it was genuine entertainment for a real client, I am allowed to include it as a business expense.

Ministers are individuals too and they deserve the same private space as the rest of us when it comes to their personal finances.

Take the bonuses as an example if the fact that Minister A received 1 month but Minister B got 8 months, it undermines the position of Minister A in the eyes of the public if this info is disclosed. It will lead to a situation where a Minister loses all authority to do an effective job.

You see, now you are trying to siam the question and smoke everyone again by trying to change the point of focus to privacy. Gay Loong is a public figure and he claims like you claim that there is no corruption and everything is transparent. As a public figure, he has no privacy. He can't avoid the public in his profession. And he is on Facebook, and updates his FB regularly, that's hardly a sign that the man is a privacy avoiding hermit. You on the other hand, no one cares about. SO, what you earn is irrelevant. What Gay Loong earns on the other hand is very relevant.

The public definitely wants to know how much bonus one Minister got over another Minister. Why? The public does not want to see poor performing Ministers rewarded. The Transportation Minister should be getting less bonus due to all the MRT breakdowns and what not. This is real life. In the corporate world (WHich the PAP base their salaries on), poor performance results in termination, and most certainly demotion and less pay. The public wants to see this process of lesser pay for poorer performanced confirmed. How do they get confirmation when nothing is revealed about their actual dollar pay and salary? Get it?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
You see, now you are trying to siam the question and smoke everyone again by trying to change the point of focus to privacy. Gay Loong is a public figure and he claims like you claim that there is no corruption and everything is transparent. As a public figure, he has no privacy. He can't avoid the public in his profession. And he is on Facebook, and updates his FB regularly, that's hardly a sign that the man is a privacy avoiding hermit. You on the other hand, no one cares about. SO, what you earn is irrelevant. What Gay Loong earns on the other hand is very relevant.

The public definitely wants to know how much bonus one Minister got over another Minister. Why? The public does not want to see poor performing Ministers rewarded. The Transportation Minister should be getting less bonus due to all the MRT breakdowns and what not. This is real life. In the corporate world (WHich the PAP base their salaries on), poor performance results in termination, and most certainly demotion and less pay. The public wants to see this process of lesser pay for poorer performanced confirmed. How do they get confirmation when nothing is revealed about their actual dollar pay and salary? Get it?

Public figures are entitled to privacy too. The next thing you're going to suggest is that LHL's residence should have see through glass walls so that the public can scrutinise his bowel movement habits and his sex life.

While some Western nations have taken the concept of transparency to the extreme, I happen not to agree with this. It discourages capable people from entering politics if their private lives become an open book. That's why we have far more clowns in Parliament in NZ compared to SG.

In my view, the Singapore government has struck the correct balance between respecting the rights of politicians to be able to lead private lives while at the same time revealing enough so that they cannot abuse their powers and bypass official rules and regulations.

What we do not have in Singapore is the hypocrisy that many Western politicians display by pretending to champion the the cause of the poor while quietly telling their accountants to look for loopholes in the tax system so they don't have to pay what the average man on the street is subject to.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the troll has succeeded in making someone lash out which is the aim of the troll in the first place. :cool:

So are abusive and vulgar people - they do invoke a response including from you. So what's your beef?

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody is asking for their tax returns. Just what is coming out from the public purse. Also I have no business asking them to tell what they spend it on. Just be transparent on the salary scale. Many people do not chose the civil service because of the transparency that is expected.

I can tell you that his personal income and assets because of his astute mother and the prowess of his brother runs into the millions. I am also sure that many are in tax havens because Singapore unlike OZ, UK, and US allows it and no laws are broken. Not to mention his wife is in the sphere where market intelligence is at her finger tips and without even breaking the law, they would be capitalising on it.

Look at the youngest son. He totally converted a long standing soft drink company into a property entity because it also about wealth creation and maximising returns. Am I asking for his tax returns.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody is asking for their tax returns. Just what is coming out from the public purse. Also I have no business asking them to tell what they spend it on. Just be transparent on the salary scale. Many people do not chose the civil service because of the transparency that is expected.

I can tell you that his personal income and assets because of his astute mother and the prowess of his brother runs into the millions. I am also sure that many are in tax havens because Singapore unlike OZ, UK, and US allows it and no laws are broken. Not to mention his wife is in the sphere where market intelligence is at her finger tips and without even breaking the law, they would be capitalising on it.

Look at the youngest son. He totally converted a long standing soft drink company into a property entity because it also about wealth creation and maximising returns. Am I asking for his tax returns.
hahaha...at least you have the cow sense not to ask for tax returns which only an idiot will do so....
but then you have a habit of repeating untruths.....
can you show us where it is written that there is a SVP with no cap for politicial appointment holders?????
don't pretend you did not read my post lah.....

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...scroobal, u have made repeated posts that there is SVP with no cap....
pse admit the mistake or show us the link where this is mentioned....
the worst scums are those who post something and then act dumb and leave the forummers scratching their heads.....

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In ang mor lands. All public figures must declare their business interests etc to ensure there is minimal conflict of interest...to minimise on corruption... Does pap practice tat?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
They sure do and that is reasonable. What is international accepted level of transparency is not what we here. For instance, people are not aware there is not one set of remuneration package for senior civil servants. Even public listed companies must now show salary the band breakdown of salaries that hit a certain mark and how many are in the band. It led to a lot of clean-up.

When the sister of a Perm Sec went to work for DBS and he became a the nominated Govt director to sit on their board. Due to connected person disclosure requirement of the Companies Act, they had no choice to reveal and publish it in the annual report including her salary. It was a schocker. She left soon after.

If we expect a public listed company to be transparent yet for tax payer funded govt civil service and political appointments companies are not even held to the same standard is difficult to digest.

Just look at his thread, we still have gullible people who can't even comprehend English and still think there are caps on the remuneration package. The term"special" is always a red flag.

Public figures are entitled to privacy too.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
They sure do and that is reasonable. What is international accepted level of transparency is not what we here. For instance, people are not aware there is not one set of remuneration package for senior civil servants. Even public listed companies must now show salary the band breakdown of salaries that hit a certain mark and how many are in the band. It led to a lot of clean-up.

When the sister of a Perm Sec went to work for DBS and he became a the nominated Govt director to sit on their board. Due to connected person disclosure requirement of the Companies Act, they had no choice to reveal and publish it in the annual report including her salary. It was a schocker. She left soon after.

If we expect a public listed company to be transparent yet for tax payer funded govt civil service and political appointments companies are not even held to the same standard is difficult to digest.

Just look at his thread, we still have gullible people who can't even comprehend English and still think there are caps on the remuneration package. The term"special" is always a red flag.
hahaha....u are the worst scums around....
apparently caught bullshitting and yet you have the cheeks to talk cockk somemore...
just answer the simple question instead of going round the world to divert attention.....
show us where is it written there is no cap...
even with black and white (white paper), u still want to wriggle your way through....truely a scum...

anybody with half a brain will know that papee is not kuku and no cap is indefendsible....period.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Public figures are entitled to privacy too. The next thing you're going to suggest is that LHL's residence should have see through glass walls so that the public can scrutinise his bowel movement habits and his sex life.

While some Western nations have taken the concept of transparency to the extreme, I happen not to agree with this. It discourages capable people from entering politics if their private lives become an open book. That's why we have far more clowns in Parliament in NZ compared to SG.

In my view, the Singapore government has struck the correct balance between respecting the rights of politicians to be able to lead private lives while at the same time revealing enough so that they cannot abuse their powers and bypass official rules and regulations.

What we do not have in Singapore is the hypocrisy that many Western politicians display by pretending to champion the the cause of the poor while quietly telling their accountants to look for loopholes in the tax system so they don't have to pay what the average man on the street is subject to.

How do u go from compensation of top public servants to glass walls of gay loong mansion residence?nobody cares about the clown private life....no one is asking how many pink shirts he has in his wardrobe.nobody is asking whether he made love to ho jinx last night.we want to know the impirtant stuff.the filthy obscene corruption that goes on.

Between us politicians have to look for ways to cheat the tax code because they are not privileged like us.Singapore is tax haven for the rich and wealthy.once bush tax cuts have been recinded they will pay a whooping 39% tax.I think a few more internet billionaires will come to Singapore for tax evasion purposes.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Between us politicians have to look for ways to cheat the tax code because they are not privileged like us.Singapore is tax haven for the rich and wealthy.once bush tax cuts have been recinded they will pay a whooping 39% tax.I think a few more internet billionaires will come to Singapore for tax evasion purposes.

Why should the rich have to pay high taxes to support the lazy losers of society who can't be bothered to earn their own keep.

I fully support Singapore's efforts to protect the successful from the sticky fingers of the freeloaders.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are no similarities whatsoever. In Singapore, the salaries of the ministers, perm secs, judges, PM etc are transparent and are public knowledge.

They have been approved by Parliament, the highest court of the land and even more importantly, have been endorsed by the Leader of the Opposition and his Party as being justifiable and equitable.

Agree with you its transparent but they also show you salary plus corruption money to be added on into salary!

Salary $2million
Preventive corruption salary $1.5million total salary $3.5million!!

whereas peasants are living under water salary hardly make ends meet!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

You will not get a straight answer from the 2 bum buddies Kuku and Sam. They can't tell u because they don't know what the PM actually earned. That's incredible when u think that all of us are paying for his salary and bonus and yet we have no means to find out what he was actuallu paid. Uniquely Singapore.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why should the rich have to pay high taxes to support the lazy losers of society who can't be bothered to earn their own keep.

I fully support Singapore's efforts to protect the successful from the sticky fingers of the freeloaders.

I dunno I don't have a citizenship in new Zealand,I can't tell u that.