• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bros, does this story sound familiar?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The better approach is to follow some of the developed countries where they declare their assets to a special body and place it in escrow. They then only declare what they earn as salaries in bonuses.

In Singapore after the Reida Incident, they only declare their wealth to the PM and nothing else happens. That is like a judge hearing a rape trial who happens to be the father of the accused.

Office holders should declare and make public their salaries, bonuses, assets, investments etc. Nothing to be ashamed being rich. Dr Michael Lim wasnt. Why? He earned it. Nothing to hide.

I am sure Hen and Shan have healthy bank accounts and investments. They made it while in private practice. Nothing to be ashamed. So, what's stopping Pinky? His own wealth?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why are you guys so fixated on the wealth of other people??? Has the green eyed monster permeated all of sinkie society or is it just the clowns in this forum? :rolleyes:

Even if the PAP ministers took a 99% pay cut tomorrow, it wouldn't make any Singaporeans richer. In fact, the country would go down the tubes because talented individuals would no longer want to become politicians. The sacrifice would simply be too great.

Without talented leadership, salary levels of ALL Singaporeans would start to head south and the country would end up a basket case.

Fixated? I doubt.

There is a difference between private sector and public service. No one complaints about the Peter Lims, Kwek Leng Bengs and Ong Beng Sengs. No one kpkb how come Rooney can earn so much just by kicking, passing and heading a ball.

Once in public sector, salaries are paid by taxpayers. They are naturally concerned and rightly so if they are getting value in return. I dont buy the theory that high salaries deter corruption. Neither do I agree that public disclosures will hinder one from stepping forward.

Lily Neo has several nice looking cars at home. Anyone kpkb?

All excuses given are simply excuses. Lame ones. I rather a politician admit he is in it for the money than camouflage his real intent

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how to apply to become a politician ah? where to sign up? like very ho tarn like that :eek::eek::eek:

It's truly iron rice bowl. Salaries pegged to private sector. Make grave mistakes also never mind. Where to find? It's hire and fire in the private sector.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
His mother got money meh! how come wilkilink can't find anything must be a poor peasant collecting box for foods.

His bankbook would show a lot more than that. It will have income from his investment properties, income from the inheritance in shares and properties he got from his mother, his overseas income, etc. The onus is on you to produce his bankbook and prove me wrong, asshole.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
hahaha....bullshitting again....
the salary scale of superscale officers is not confidential...
in fact they also announced the bonus for political appointment holders ...

Ok, you say all their salaries are transparent, nothing hidden. Than I ask you one very simple question. What is Lee Hsien Loong's salary and bonus? Don't tell me white paper say got this bonus, got that bonus. Superscale is this and superscale is that. Bottom line, Just give me a dollar amount. Can or not? If you cannot give me a dollar amount on how much he makes, than all your other so call evidence is just bullshit. Its that simple. I can give you Obama actually dollar amount income, that is true tranparency. You can give me Gay Loong's or not? If not, than you are bullshit PAP ballslicker.

Obama tax return.jpgObama tax return.jpg

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
His mother got money meh! how come wilkilink can't find anything must be a poor peasant collecting box for foods.

His mother was the richest woman in SIngapore. SO rich that they change the law to eliminate estate duty and taxes before she died or else, Gay Loong pay like fuck.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Why are you guys so fixated on the wealth of other people??? Has the green eyed monster permeated all of sinkie society or is it just the clowns in this forum? :rolleyes:

Even if the PAP ministers took a 99% pay cut tomorrow, it wouldn't make any Singaporeans richer. In fact, the country would go down the tubes because talented individuals would no longer want to become politicians. The sacrifice would simply be too great.

Without talented leadership, salary levels of ALL Singaporeans would start to head south and the country would end up a basket case.

Hahhaha, typical PAP ballslicker cum swallower argument. Ask him to show the salary, he can't do it. When he lost the argument, than he changes the tactics and accuse the people of being green eyed monsters, jealous of the Minister's salaries. Many people have no problem declaring their salaries, Obama, the US cabinet secretaries, UK PM, etc. You can easily find out the salary dollar amount of other prominent people like Wayne Rooney, David Beckham, etc. But the most prominent person in SIngapore, Gay Loong, you can tell me his salary and bonus or not? Just give me the dollar number. Don't say its open and transparent. Just enlighten us and let us all know this supposedly common knowledge.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You can easily find out the salary dollar amount of other prominent people like Wayne Rooney, David Beckham, etc.

Yeah right Wayne Rooney is the epitome and honesty and integrity. Give me a break please. You're another character who should stop digging when you're already in a hole.

You should count your blessings that you have leaders who are honest and forthright and earn an honest salary for an honest day's work. In the majority of other countries, this is not the case.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oney-dodge-millions-tax-cashing-loophole.html

On the ball: Top soccer stars dodge having to pay millions in tax by cashing in on loophole

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
UPDATED: 14:42 GMT, 17 January 2011

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2011/jan/16/premier-league-footballers-tax-avoidance

Top footballers' tax avoidance scheme costs Treasury £100m in lost revenues

Premier League footballers use complex tax rules on player-controlled image rights firms to avoid paying tax at 50%

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
http://freebeacon.com/national-security/obama-family-tax-shelter/

<header class="entry-header" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 20px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(62, 61, 61); background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245);">Obama Family Tax Shelter

First family transfers wealth, avoids taxes
</header>
Follow @FreeBeacon

AP Images

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff

<time class="entry-date" datetime="2012-04-13T14:11:31+00:00" pubdate="" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: italic; font-variant: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(135, 135, 135);">April 13, 2012 2:11 pm
</time>

President Obama and his wife, Michele, gave a total of $48,000 in tax-free gifts to their daughters, according to tax records made public on Friday.

The president and his wife separately gave each daughter a $12,000 gift under a section of the federal tax code that exempts such donations from federal taxes.

There is nothing illegal about the president’s taking advantage of this tax shelter, but it does raise eyebrows given that he has lamented the myriad tax exemptions used by the wealthy—“millionaires and billionaires” like himself—to pay less in taxes. He has yet to propose a comprehensive plan to reform the byzantine tax code.

The Obama’s tax return indicates that the gifts, likely for their daughter’s college educations, began in 2007, when the maximum exemptible amount was $24,000 per couple. The maximum exemption has since increased to $26,000 per couple.

The Obamas paid a total federal tax rate of 20.5 percent on a gross adjusted income $789,674, which would typically fall within the top federal rate of 35 percent. According to an analysis of the president’s tax return, he may have paid a lower rate than his secretary despite making more than eight times as much money as she did.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yeah right Wayne Rooney is the epitome and honesty and integrity. Give me a break please. You're another character who should stop digging when you're already in a hole.

You should count your blessings that you have leaders who are honest and forthright and earn an honest salary for an honest day's work. In the majority of other countries, this is not the case.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oney-dodge-millions-tax-cashing-loophole.html

On the ball: Top soccer stars dodge having to pay millions in tax by cashing in on loophole

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
UPDATED: 14:42 GMT, 17 January 2011

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2011/jan/16/premier-league-footballers-tax-avoidance

Top footballers' tax avoidance scheme costs Treasury £100m in lost revenues

Premier League footballers use complex tax rules on player-controlled image rights firms to avoid paying tax at 50%

Hahaha, stop diverting attention you asshole. TELL US ALL WHAT IS LEE HSIEN LOONG'S DOLLAR AMOUNT SALARY AND BONUS? You say its transparent and common knowledge, than TELL US WHAT IT IS. Yes, we all don't have your fantastic information.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
http://freebeacon.com/national-security/obama-family-tax-shelter/

<header class="entry-header" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 20px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(62, 61, 61); background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245);">Obama Family Tax Shelter

First family transfers wealth, avoids taxes
</header>
Follow @FreeBeacon

AP Images

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff

<time class="entry-date" datetime="2012-04-13T14:11:31+00:00" pubdate="" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: italic; font-variant: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(135, 135, 135);">April 13, 2012 2:11 pm
</time>

President Obama and his wife, Michele, gave a total of $48,000 in tax-free gifts to their daughters, according to tax records made public on Friday.

The president and his wife separately gave each daughter a $12,000 gift under a section of the federal tax code that exempts such donations from federal taxes.

There is nothing illegal about the president’s taking advantage of this tax shelter, but it does raise eyebrows given that he has lamented the myriad tax exemptions used by the wealthy—“millionaires and billionaires” like himself—to pay less in taxes. He has yet to propose a comprehensive plan to reform the byzantine tax code.

The Obama’s tax return indicates that the gifts, likely for their daughter’s college educations, began in 2007, when the maximum exemptible amount was $24,000 per couple. The maximum exemption has since increased to $26,000 per couple.

The Obamas paid a total federal tax rate of 20.5 percent on a gross adjusted income $789,674, which would typically fall within the top federal rate of 35 percent. According to an analysis of the president’s tax return, he may have paid a lower rate than his secretary despite making more than eight times as much money as she did.

Thank you very much for this example of a real transparency. This article you quoted clearly showed how much President Obama made and even what tax deductions he made. Through your truly transparent article above, you showed that Obama paid a lower tax rate than his secretary. NOW KINDLY SHOW THE SAME INFORMATION FOR LEE HSIEN LOONG. Can or not? Show Lee Hsien Loong's tax information like you showed Obama's. Let us all decide for ourselves whether Gay Loong paid a lower tax rate than his secretary. show us show us show us. Don't quote this article an that article anymore. Got it moron? You can't because there is no transparency, and the PAP and Gay Loong are hiding all their sources of revenues. If I am wrong, please show me how much deductions Gay Loong made non his taxes. Or else, shut the fuck up, asshole.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Hahaha, stop diverting attention you asshole. TELL US ALL WHAT IS LEE HSIEN LOONG'S DOLLAR AMOUNT SALARY AND BONUS? You say its transparent and common knowledge, than TELL US WHAT IT IS. Yes, we all don't have your fantastic information.

It's all here http://www.psd.gov.sg/content/psd/en/white_paper/white_paper.html/

The salary, the various bonuses, the range... all spelt out in black and white and approved by Parliament.

The Singapore government isn't some tin pot dictatorship that can pay itself whatever it wants. I has to adhere to laws of the land just like everybody else in Singapore. The hallmark of the Singapore system is integrity and honesty and the PAP displays this quality in bucket loads.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Or else, shut the fuck up, asshole.

If you have to be abusive in order to bolster your arguments, you obviously don't have a leg to stand on the first place. Show me one post that I made where I had to resort to personal attacks and profanities.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you have to be abusive in order to bolster your arguments, you obviously don't have a leg to stand on the first place. Show me one post that I made where I had to resort to personal attacks and profanities.

You might want to know that online trolls typically do not use profanities and yet are the most disdained.

Effectively, this means that profanities do not necessarily lose you goodwill.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
You might want to know that online trolls typically do not use profanities and yet are the most disdained.

Effectively, this means that profanities do not necessarily lose you goodwill.

I agree but it shows that the troll has succeeded in making someone lash out which is the aim of the troll in the first place. :cool: