• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Brompton Gold Cup

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leegalised corruption is the mark of the upper level of the civil service. So many not uncovered. Judge will say to himself...."There but for the grace of God goes I'. Fine $3,000! Next case!

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal - guilty - fine
Golden Dragon - guilty - fine - dismissal from office
Sinkie - ?
Debonerman - guilty - fine
Zihau - DNAQ

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jailed for less than a year and fined to make an example and also show Sinkies that PAP does not tolerate corruption lightly, and that CPIB is still relevant.

Definitely fired from the service.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jailed for less than a year and fined to make an example and also show Sinkies that PAP does not tolerate corruption lightly, and that CPIB is still relevant.

Definitely fired from the service.

An Assistant Director is a low life in the hierarchy and can be easily sacrificed. Bernard Lim is expendable and will be sacrificed to make NParks and KBW look good.

My assessment is that he will be found guilty and jailed. Follow up ..he will then be sacked by NParks

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bernard's decision not to testify but to remain silent is a grave error. Negative inference will be drawn. I dont recall any case where such a strategy worked. An innocent man wrongly accused keeping silent?

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bernard's decision not to testify but to remain silent is a grave error. Negative inference will be drawn. I dont recall any case where such a strategy worked. An innocent man wrongly accused keeping silent?

Yeah what was he thinking?

I really don't know why he didn't give a defence.

Could some hidden hand be the reason?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PCA = Public Corruption Act?

Sorry, don't know the term.

My gut feel is that he will be imprisoned because he's a public servant.

PCA refers to the Prevention of Corruption Act.

Giving false statement is almost always a fine only case. But if your false statement leads to an innocent chap being arrested, it's jail term. All public servants in PCA cases will be incarcerated. That is the trend.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah what was he thinking?

I really don't know why he didn't give a defence.

Could some hidden hand be the reason?

Reminds me of another case whereby accused person chose to remain silent - Eric Ding's corruption case for soccer kelong. Both lawyers for Ding were DPPs previously.

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
PCA refers to the Prevention of Corruption Act.

Giving false statement is almost always a fine only case. But if your false statement leads to an innocent chap being arrested, it's jail term. All public servants in PCA cases will be incarcerated. That is the trend.

Thanks GD, great insight.

Going off tangent, shouldn't everyone's favourite mistress Cecilia Sue be charged and jailed for giving a false statement that led to NBG being arrested?

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess I misread the case, thought he was charged for corruption!

Still think he will be jailed to 'make an example' though.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks GD, great insight.

Going off tangent, shouldn't everyone's favourite mistress Cecilia Sue be charged and jailed for giving a false statement that led to NBG being arrested?

Hahahaha! Rightfully, CS should be charged for she 'peng' khau keng. But prosecution has the prerogative to charge or not to. My hunch is that they chose not to because they dont want more shit to be made public.