• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Passport of Convenience

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Met an Indian chap whilst overseas and he told me that he holds a Singapore passport as it was covenant for travel. No visa for most countries and for job prospects. He also told me that there were many Indians who no longer in Singapore and have no intention of treating it as their home and they work in the US, UK, and in many countries.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Met an Indian chap whilst overseas and he told me that he holds a Singapore passport as it was covenant for travel. No visa for most countries and for job prospects. He also told me that there were many Indians who no longer in Singapore and have no intention of treating it as their home and they work in the US, UK, and in many countries.

I still remember a time when Singaporeans felt superior going overseas as the red passport meant convenience and recognition to them as being from 1st world country. Red tape kept to minimal, no strange stares from immigration officials, only dirty looks from the locals when we stupidly bring our own bad habits abroad.

Now it is foreigners enjoying all the benefits whilst having no intention of actually contributing back to Singapore. The passport has been cheapened such that no one knows what there is to fight for anymore. We have our own sons in green marching down streets crowded with foreigners wondering what it is they are protecting. No more identity, no more belonging and loyalty. You are considered unfortunate if you want to emigrate but don't have resources. Last time people actually tried persuading you to stay. Now people urge you to go while you can.

Meanwhile the rich come here and bash people up on the roads and treat our roads as racetracks.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I do the same thing.... my Singapore passport for Asia. My OZ passport for NZ and OZ.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Ah Tiongs do it as well. Know of an Ah Tiong who became a sinkee. Was able to move to US easily because of the sinkee passport. Got green card, children pay lower fees for uni. Life is good for him. And he moved back to China.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For the socially mobile, the passport is a ticket to the world. For the socially immobile, the passport is a chain to the rack and chair.

and to be "vehicularly" mobile, the world's costliest to own a metallic contraption that comes with a rack....and pinion - with a chain that the banks have around your neck :wink:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy told that many Indians apply for a 10 year multiple entry pass under some Foreign Indian Resident category to go into India like normal people. He told me Singapore is not their home just a passport provider and told me that it was going on for years.

Also told me that he rented his HDB flat to an Indian family.

My blood pressure began to rise at that stage. This guys got his passport some years back, moved to the US to work, travels yearly to India to be home and has no connection to Singapore except the HDB flat that he rents out.

I checked later and found that there is nothing the PAP can do after our whoring our passport, selling out subsidised HDB flat. WTF!

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy told that many Indians apply for a 10 year multiple entry pass under some Foreign Indian Resident category to go into India like normal people. He told me Singapore is not their home just a passport provider and told me that it was going on for years.

My blood pressure began to rise at that stage. This guys got his passport some years back, moved to the US to work, travels yearly to India to be home and has no connection to Singapore except the HDB flat that he rents out.

I checked later and found that there is nothing the PAP can do after our whoring our passport, selling out subsidised HDB flat. WTF!

They are not the only ones. The ah Tiongs, also do the same.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really fucked PAP govt we have. They should just do away with NS.

We have our own sons in green marching down streets crowded with foreigners wondering what it is they are protecting. No more identity, no more belonging and loyalty. You are considered unfortunate if you want to emigrate but don't have resources. Last time people actually tried persuading you to stay. Now people urge you to go while you can.

Meanwhile the rich come here and bash people up on the roads and treat our roads as racetracks.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello [scroobal],

Could you refresh me regarding a foreign born individual, whose parents applied for dual (SG) citizenship for him, and when does his parents have to write to MINDEF or CMPB to request for deferment for NS registration?

Is it when the male individual turns age 12, before age 13?

Where should the letter be sent?

Thank you.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

From his perspective it makes sense!! Do u know how difficult it is to travel with a Indian passport?? Especially if u need to travel for your job!!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Passport means different thing to Sinkees and the rest of the world. For sinkees, it means go overseas holiday and take photos and return to their miserable pigeonholes to post on FB to howlian to their friends.

For the rest of the world, passport means ticket to better opportunities and a better life for the family.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahahaha. Pinoys, PRCs and now even Indian run road. Stinkees will stink in Stinkapore.