• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lim Wee Kiat tells LKT to tune his hearing aid louder

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The cut-and-thrust between the People’s Action Party and the Workers’ Party (WP) over the latter’s population proposals peaked yesterday, with Nee Soon GRC Member of Parliament (MP) Lim Wee Kiak making a personal remark against WP chief Low Thia Khiang, for which he subsequently apologised.

The incident was sparked by Dr Lim’s charge that the WP’s current position on the number of new citizens differed from what Mr Low said during last year’s Budget debate. When Mr Low countered that his remarks had been taken out of context, Dr Lim said: “I will quote (from your speech then) one more time. And maybe your hearing aid has to be (turned) up a little bit.”

Mr Low did not respond to the comment. Immediately after the next speaker, MP Ellen Lee (Sembawang GRC), ended her speech, Dr Lim rose and apologised. He said: “Madam Speaker, in the heat of the very passionate debate, I’ve made some very insensitive remarks about Mr Low. I would like to express my sincere apologies to the honourable member Mr Low Thia Khiang for my comments on his hearing aid.”

- http://everythingalsocomplain.com/2...wants-low-thia-khiangs-hearing-aid-turned-up/

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All the PAP MPs should be charged for treason. Why are they advocating for the domination of sinkapore by foreigners? With an 8 million population, at least half of that will be foreigners. How can we have a country where foreigners call the shots? Eventually, these PAP traitors will also be on the receiving end as foreigners tell them what to do.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All the PAP MPs should be charged for treason. Why are they advocating for the domination of sinkapore by foreigners? With an 8 million population, at least half of that will be foreigners. How can we have a country where foreigners call the shots? Eventually, these PAP traitors will also be on the receiving end as foreigners tell them what to do.

The vile pappies call the shots because the 60.1% says so.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
2011, 2012, 2013, no sound no pitcher...

suddenly hear 2015 got GE, all noobie MPs start to crawl out from the woodwork, say something, anything!

KNN...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why should the FAP Traitors be punished when 60% Gong Kias endorse such betrayal wholeheartedly?

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
With this kind of MIW shooting off shit from his arse hole mouth, no one would vote for him in GE2016. He forgot to remember that in politics personal attacks would usually boomerang to turn voters against him and his party. Look at what LKY said about the residents of Aljunied GRC in GE2011. Georgie boy got kicked out.

This arsehole will be the next one. Pappies will get rid of him in GE2016. He is a liability.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
The cut-and-thrust between the People’s Action Party and the Workers’ Party (WP) over the latter’s population proposals peaked yesterday, with Nee Soon GRC Member of Parliament (MP) Lim Wee Kiak making a personal remark against WP chief Low Thia Khiang, for which he subsequently apologised.
The incident was sparked by Dr Lim’s charge that the WP’s current position on the number of new citizens differed from what Mr Low said during last year’s Budget debate. When Mr Low countered that his remarks had been taken out of context, Dr Lim said: “I will quote (from your speech then) one more time. And maybe your hearing aid has to be (turned) up a little bit.”
Mr Low did not respond to the comment. Immediately after the next speaker, MP Ellen Lee (Sembawang GRC), ended her speech, Dr Lim rose and apologised. He said: “Madam Speaker, in the heat of the very passionate debate, I’ve made some very insensitive remarks about Mr Low. I would like to express my sincere apologies to the honourable member Mr Low Thia Khiang for my comments on his hearing aid.”
- http://everythingalsocomplain.com/2...wants-low-thia-khiangs-hearing-aid-turned-up/
This one is 08Feb2013 news. Anyhow, the wikileaks cable revealing the USA observation that in Sink@poor, PAP can insult and insinuate as and where it wishes and the ?police? culpulbility in ostracism of opposition worker's party is as follows:
(Source: http://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2011/09/more-wikileaks-mentions.html )
http://wikileaks.org/cable/2007/09/07SINGAPORE1679.html
Reference ID Created Classification Origin
07SINGAPORE1679 2007-09-10 09:49 CONFIDENTIAL Embassy Singapore
VZCZCXRO2503
RR RUEHCHI RUEHCN RUEHDT RUEHGH RUEHHM RUEHNH RUEHVC
DE RUEHGP #1679 2530949
ZNY CCCCC ZZH
R 100949Z SEP 07
FM AMEMBASSY SINGAPORE
TO RUEHC/SECSTATE WASHDC 3966
INFO RUCNASE/ASEAN MEMBER COLLECTIVE
RUEHOO/CHINA POSTS COLLECTIVE
C O N F I D E N T I A L SINGAPORE 001679

SIPDIS

SIPDIS

E.O. 12958: DECL: 09/10/2017
TAGS: PGOV PHUM SN
SUBJECT: SOME CYCLISTS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS -
POLITICAL ACTIVISM IN SINGAPORE

Classified By: DCM Daniel Shields for reasons 1.4(b)(d).

¶1. (C) Summary: An internet blogger has revealed a double
standard by the GOS on outdoor political events. In August,
the opposition Workers' Party was denied a police permit to
hold a mass cycling event and the GOS defended the decision
in Parliament saying that no political party was allowed to
organize "outdoor gatherings." The blogger then revealed
that the ruling People's Action Party (PAP) Youth wing was
advertising similar events on its website. This led to two
PAP MPs claiming to the Straits Times newspaper that their
events had already either been canceled or postponed due to a
lack of interest and manpower. End Summary.

No Cycling For You
------------------

¶2. (C) In early August, the opposition Workers' Party (WP)
applied for a police permit to hold a mass cycling event at
the East Coast Park on September 9. It was intended to kick
off a series of activities to commemorate the party's 50th
anniversary in November, WP Chairman and Non-Constituency MP
Sylvia Lim told us on September 10. On August 14, the police
denied WP's application. During the August 27 sitting of
Parliament, Lim questioned the GOS for the reasons for the
denial. Senior Minister of State for Law and Home Affairs Ho
Peng Kee replied that no political party was allowed to
organize "outdoor gatherings because such activities have the
potential for public disorder and mischief, and may disrupt
community life." Ho then stressed that this policy applied
"to all political parties." When pressed by WP MP Low Thia
Khiang for any examples of WP events causing such problems,
Ho replied by saying "I don't know whether Mr. Low's hearing
aid is with him because I know he wears one -- I have said
that there is a greater potential for law and order problem."

Blogger Reveals All
-------------------

¶3. (SBU) On September 4, internet blogger "Mr. Brown"
revealed that cycling with the ruling People's Action Party
(PAP) must apparently be safer for the community, as the
Young PAP (YP) had listed on its website a "Night Cycling"
event for July 28 and an Amazing Race outdoor event for
October 1. Three days later, "Mr. Brown" noted on his blog
that the two events had disappeared from the YP calendar.
(Note: "Mr. Brown" was fired from his column in the Today
newspaper in July 2006 for pointing out that the GOS had
raised some fees and taxes shortly after the PAP's May 2006
election victory. End Note.)

Deny, Deny, Deny
----------------

¶4. (U) This led to two YP advisers denying in a September 8
article in the Straits Times newspaper that the two events
had been dropped from the calendar after what had happened to
the Workers' Party cycling event. PAP MP Lim Wee Kiak said
the July 28 "Night Cycling" event had been canceled due to a
lack of interest and claimed that the YP hadn't even
organized it, even though it was listed on the YP website as
"YP Night Cycling." PAP MP Zaqy Mohamed said the October 1
Amazing Race event had been postponed due to a shortage of
manpower. He asserted that the decision to postpone the
activity had come before the August 27 session of Parliament
and they hadn't applied for a permit yet.

Comment
-------

¶5. (C) This incident reveals the sporadic ability of internet
bloggers to keep the GOS on its toes. However, the
government's control over the mainstream media ensures that
the revelation of apparent double standards or ruling party
MPs insulting people who wear hearing aids will cause minimal
political damage to the PAP.

Visit Embassy Singapore's Classified website:
http://www.state.sgov.gov/p/eap/singapore/ind ex.cfm
HERBOLD

Last edited:

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
No more 60.1 percent ...maybe 30 percent.

I really hope so, bro, I really hope so. My own assessment is that there is a very hard core of PAP supporters that do not mind at all being screwed by the PAP and seems to begging for even more. If not, how do we explain they electing the PAP at every GE despite the citizens suffering more and more. I put this at about 53 to 55 percent. But I sincerely hope I am proven wrong at the next GE with only a 30% support as you assessed. I really do hope that the PAP gets fucked out at the next GE. Only then there will be a future for us- Singapore born Singaporeans.