• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$120 levy for 'license' to sell tissue paper?

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heartless PAP

I just Fook PAP loud and clear...and I am going round spreading ..

Last week, I took 2 visually handicap gentlemen from the supermarket to the bus-stop, some 100 metres away.
They wanted to take a bus to Toa Payoh.

So as I guide them to the bus-stop and I strike a conversation with them.
One of them told me that he sells tissue to supplement his income as he cannot find a regular job.
I asked how about your friend..?
He said he could not as he cannot afford to pay the $120 license fee to NEA or some govt agency to allow him to sell tissue..

Now..why our govt is so business minded and collect money even from the very poor and handicap..??

Can"t they just collect $10 to do some basic registration fee charge or just issue these permit free of charge but under some
stringent mean testing. Otherwise we may have a deluge of applicants.

I just Fook the PAP for being so mean and heartless..

By the way, can their CEO in charge of the visual handicap do something and not just look the other way to safeguard his or her position..???

I am going round telling every of my friends and even strangers how heartless our million dollar ministers are on this case...???

jw5

Loyal
Re: Heartless PAP

We can't help their heartlessness. This is a result of being dominated by one character and his mentality being inherited or acquired by many.
The lesson is never to let such a person dominate society again.

And bytheway, well done for your act of kindness. :smile:

I just Fook PAP loud and clear...and I am going round spreading ..

Last week, I took 2 visually handicap gentlemen from the supermarket to the bus-stop, some 100 metres away.
They wanted to take a bus to Toa Payoh.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

He said he could not as he cannot afford to pay the $120 license fee to NEA or some govt agency to allow him to sell tissue..

Now..why our govt is so business minded and collect money even from the very poor and handicap..??

If there was no license fee involved, the streets would be flooded with thousands of tissue sellers and this could cause all sorts of problems.

The government therefore has to charge a nominal fee to ensure that only those with a genuine need are allowed to sell tissues.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If there was no license fee involved, the streets would be flooded with thousands of tissue sellers and this could cause all sorts of problems.

The government therefore has to charge a nominal fee to ensure that only those with a genuine need are allowed to sell tissues.

Charge $10 lah. Why $120 so much? :oIo:

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal

We can't help their heartlessness. This is a result of being dominated by one character and his mentality being inherited or acquired by many.
The lesson is never to let such a person dominate society again

Open your eyes and ears when you walk around in sinkie land and you can see more to tell you one thing: Pappies and MIW are dumb.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Charge $10 lah. Why $120 so much? :oIo:

What is there to stop FTsh from Vietcong, Myanmar, Thailand, PRC and Pinoy land from going around in hawker centres and kopi tiams to sell it too? Do they have to pay for a licence? Certainly, no FTsh will ever want to pay. Only never seen an ah neh doing it. The pappies and MIW are dumb. Tie up the locals with restrictions but let FTsh run free.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal

..Perhaps u miss out..i mentioned some form of mean testing to prevent a deluge of applicants.

And also. I am upset with their money minded policies..

I am charged $3 processing fees for deduction from my medisave account whenever I use the account to pay for my chronic disease medication.

But they have since quietly remove it because it is uncivic, uncivilised and largely unethical..

But they find it perfectly legal to remove Estate duties and inheritance tax to benefit the rich.

Mrs Lee and and property billionaire Ng Teng fong are the biggest beneficiaries...

Do u find them heartless..?? Is this fair..???

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The lesson is never to let such a person dominate society again.

And bytheway, well done for your act of kindness. :smile:

We can't help their heartlessness. or THYE CANT HELP?

anyway me FOOking thinks it s a million dollar questuon

jw5

Loyal

We can't help.
They can help, but they won't (because of their mentality).
Hope it's clearer now. :wink:

We can't help their heartlessness. or THYE CANT HELP?

anyway me FOOking thinks it s a million dollar questuon

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not sure if I agree with you.

You are assuming if no nominal fee imposed, our streets will be flooded with tissue sellers? Charging a nominal fee as a screening process to deter those biz minded potential sellers?

If you observe the scene carefully, which you cant, buyers are selective as to who they buy from. That by itself is already a deterrent to those with no genuine need. The more handicap and elderly one is, the better chances one have in selling tissue paper.

Govt is greedy. That's all.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

..Perhaps u miss out..i mentioned some form of mean testing to prevent a deluge of applicants.

The $120 is the means test. If you are willing to pay that amount, it means you are a genuine tissue vendor.

If it was cheaper it would attract frivolous applications.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal

do you think blind pple are frivolous??? the first criteria is that you are blind and you need the licence to operate. why'd someone do this for fun???

The $120 is the means test. If you are willing to pay that amount, it means you are a genuine tissue vendor.

If it was cheaper it would attract frivolous applications.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

do you think blind pple are frivolous??? the first criteria is that you are blind and you need the licence to operate. why'd someone do this for fun???

There are various reasons why people can be frivolous and being handicapped in one way or another doesn't alter this fact.

The license is only $10 per month. It ensures that the applicant has a genuine desire to sell tissues.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal

the licence is one time $120 not $10 now...besides, who will have "desire" to sell tissues for a living?

There are various reasons why people can be frivolous and being handicapped in one way or another doesn't alter this fact.

The license is only $10 per month. It ensures that the applicant has a genuine desire to sell tissues.

Alfrescian
Loyal

What is there to stop FTsh from Vietcong, Myanmar, Thailand, PRC and Pinoy land from going around in hawker centres and kopi tiams to sell it too? Do they have to pay for a licence? Certainly, no FTsh will ever want to pay. Only never seen an ah neh doing it. The pappies and MIW are dumb. Tie up the locals with restrictions but let FTsh run free.

The F@*kin tiongs are already doing it....stupid sinkies just thinking of being compassionate are paying to FTrash selling tissues!!! Next time just observe their dressing and you'll know some of them are from tiongland. You'll also notice these ones don't dare open their mouths to ask you to buy.....