• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property agents feeling the pinch as market cools

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro run, thanks for advice...i play small, no big bets, i just make to get by, enough for a bottle of martell at ktv. trading will not get you anywhere to be a millionaire, it's no longer peter lim's era.

yes bro. I know you can open plenty of women for free in life,
too bad Martell is not. :biggrin:

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
My opinions are from these 3 sources:
- Polytechnic education
- My glorious past investment losses, in excess of $400K.
- Work Experience - Serving customers and rich business associates

Brother, RUN is just a poor church mouse. You are my senior. You are talking to a defeated soul in life. Don't be like me. I took prozac seroxat and Venlafaxine.

Property: NIL

Shares: Realized loss $400K.
I sold 40% so far this year, will sell another 20% by Oct and keep remaining 40% with Indonesia & India exposure

Unit Trust: 11% loss
Funded by CPF-OA

Precious Metals: Gold/Silver/Palladium
Physical and Paper sitting on 20% loss, except Palladium 25% gain

Bonds: small capital gain + yields.
Holding shorter maturity bonds from good issuers.

Others: FX, Insurance & Fixed Deposits:
Wifey will get $600K from insurance payouts when I die. Children will have $250K each when they reach legal age for university education or emigration.

You under depression? Do take care. Depression is a silent killer. I don't think i am as old as you, but i have had my fair share and still resolving some old mistakes. In the end, i have learnt 1 magic sentence - "its only money"

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Outstanding point.

The richest LCP in my NS unit is a purchaser for Korean govt in third world countries, if you don't have plenty of ang kongs, you don't have the balls to do this job. He has very high income, not necessary to declare. One day he told RUN he bo bian, went to buy a kopitiam to generate some income so that he can buy a BMW and house with some loan. Imagine if he had paid in full cash for a >$3m property, he is asking for trouble.

So for this type of people, they wanna take bank loan but their declared income is too low to TDSR requirements. This is why we will see huge sell down in the >$3m properties this year. In the current low interest environment, only foreigners who wanna launder their money will pay full-cash for a multi-million property.

Or hide their ill gotten gains. Those prc officials that took a lot of bribes are along this path

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money is not everything.
I really hope that you worry less and be happy......

You under depression? Do take care. Depression is a silent killer. I don't think i am as old as you, but i have had my fair share and still resolving some old mistakes. In the end, i have learnt 1 magic sentence - "its only money"

Thank you SNTCK and Cerebral for your kind words. I hope our nice brothers and sisters will all be happy and healthy.

Please don't worry about me. I will be good.

You have a good weekend.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My Feringi ancestors tell me imoney is not everything
But a Feringi without profit is no Feringi at all
Chow Ang Mohs also very materialistic and money face
This is not a monopoly enjoyed by the Chinks

[video=youtube;rkRIbUT6u7Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkRIbUT6u7Q[/video]

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you SNTCK and Cerebral for your kind words. I hope our nice brothers and sisters will all be happy and healthy.

Please don't worry about me. I will be good.

You have a good weekend.

who is the sister? ah girl?
i am gay but i am a GUY, so you guy should call me sister or brother ya?

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My opinions are from these 3 sources:
- Polytechnic education
- My glorious past investment losses, in excess of $400K.
- Work Experience - Serving customers and rich business associates

Brother, RUN is just a poor church mouse. You are my senior. You are talking to a defeated soul in life. Don't be like me. I took prozac seroxat and Venlafaxine.

Property: NIL

Shares: Realized loss $400K.
I sold 40% so far this year, will sell another 20% by Oct and keep remaining 40% with Indonesia & India exposure

Unit Trust: 11% loss
Funded by CPF-OA

Precious Metals: Gold/Silver/Palladium
Physical and Paper sitting on 20% loss, except Palladium 25% gain

Bonds: small capital gain + yields.
Holding shorter maturity bonds from good issuers.

Others: FX, Insurance & Fixed Deposits:
Wifey will get $600K from insurance payouts when I die. Children will have $250K each when they reach legal age for university education or emigration.

Run, throw away all your anti-depressant pills and go and buy a bicycle to ride.

“Cyclers see considerable more of this beautiful world than any other class of citizens. A good bicycle, well applied, will cure most ills this flesh is heir to.” ~ Dr K K Doty.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess you could be quite young. When I was young, I used to think like this. When I am older now, I realize that I was very wrong.

The rich only pay with full-cash when SIBOR is more than 3-5%.

Many directors get between $750 to $1m per annum, agree with you on sibor rates but they would have no problem with TDSR for most properties.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many directors get between $750 to $1m per annum, agree with you on sibor rates but they would have no problem with TDSR for most properties.

Nope, I believe you assumed that the most directors are paid as high as the CEO of the company.

Actually >50% of the total directors and independent directors of our locally listed companies, get less than $250K per annum. Not every company pays as much as banks. In addition, >50% of the listed company have only 1 pax who gets >$750K a year, and that's probably the founder or CEO. For example, our MP Mr Yeo holds countless directorships, he would be clocking $5-10m a year based on your assumption that many get $750K to $1m for a single directorship.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
karma to property agents.

they businesses are not doing good and now the property bitches are harassed by this siao ting tong.

hoorah!!!

Ex-cleaner jailed for sending lewd and insulting SMSes - See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...insulting-smses-20140902#sthash.VVQSLZuE.dpuf

SINGAPORE - A former cleaner was jailed for 18 weeks on Tuesday for sending lewd and insulting text messages to several real estate agents. Sim Eng Peng had seen the victims' photographs and mobile numbers in the property section of newspapers before sending them the SMSes. The 41-year-old unemployed man pleaded guilty to six of 40 charges of insulting the modesty of women. A total of 11 women, aged 23 to 46, was involved. Most of the offences occurred between 2010 and 2011. While on bail, he committed six similar charges against three women between June and August last year. - See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...insulting-smses-20140902#sthash.VVQSLZuE.dpuf