• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

changi wins best airport title

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya, i better congratulate them too, if not when i go airport and queue, they can assign my passengers to all stay in the east. i remembered there was one night for 4 times in a roll, i sent my passengers from airport to bedok, back to airport again, and then from airport to tampines, then again from airport to pasir ris and then again back to airport only to find myself to marine parade.

I would like the congratulate the PAP for another magnificent achievement.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How does winning this award improve the welfare of S'poreans?

not surprisingly, everything new in sg attracts all walks of life, including the underclass and disadvantaged. the general welfare of sinkies is improved when you see all kinds of families from mat to neh to chink to ang mo and dating couples hang out at the basement of t3. many of them are not travelers or high flyers but simple, ordinary middle roaders with kids in tow looking for a cool place to makan, play, smooch, chat and chill out. it wouldn't lift the 20% from sinkie-style poverty (which is middle class in the rest of the world) but at least it is a relative cheap thrill for 60% of the population. :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ya, i better congratulate them too, if not when i go airport and queue, they can assign my passengers to all stay in the east. i remembered there was one night for 4 times in a roll, i sent my passengers from airport to bedok, back to airport again, and then from airport to tampines, then again from airport to pasir ris and then again back to airport only to find myself to marine parade.

Lucky liao. You didnt get passengers from one terminal to another.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should rename as World best Refurbished Airport.

Anything new? some areas.

No Iconic facades and features of the building to represents the kiasu, kiasi, kpkb people and cultures and the nation?

Too many sharp edges in the building and facades which are not good fongshui to adjacent and adjourning buildings. Imagine your office are facing directly a sharp edge of a façade as if it is 'cheong tio' to break you into half, affecting your family or company business?

Even the ceilings have many metal plates pointing down towards you as you walk through, each blade is like cutting you into half, bad karma fongshui and omens coming. Be very scared.

Don't believe, read fongshiu book and check it out on sharp edges.

Might as well change the airport name to KKKIA, Kaisu, Kaisi KPKB International Airport?

And the world's best airport is ...
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/27/travel/worlds-best-airports-skytrax/index.html

altogether now....huuuaaat aaahhh! :biggrin:

Last edited:

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
frankly, the downside is it's not a respectable job(that's how i think cos' i used to hold a grad. cushy office job) but it's quite fun at times. currently, at airport T3, there is a young mei mei serving coffee at the canteen, all the lao tikos will gather around there for a break. :p

many stories, mentioning a few here, there was once an american entrepreneur who sought my help, i met him in my cab and told him that i was interested in what he was selling, he roped me in but my salesmanship is very jialat so no biz for me, i left after a while and back to taxi.

there was another time an uncle i picked up from geylang asked me to join him or his gang, i supposed but i declined politely, he seemed to be someone savvy cos he 'd asked me to stop over and he will say hello to his friends by the side of geylang.

money wise, there aren't any more jobs that offer hard cash for the day. $100 to $200 income is achievable for a day. if you really interested, i suggest you apply for UBER(https://www.uber.com/cities/singapore) first, need no taxi licence and see if you like it? i dun hide anything in offering my advice. if i am not wrong, there are some internal security drivers out there also. maybe, you can join them, easier for you as you are ex-policeman. once i sent a CPIB rookie to his HQ, these CPIB chenghu langs really got acute senses of dogs, really different from normal policemen, that was my gut feel, he wanted to kajiao me by asking for receipt, i a bit kan chiong i thought he was going to find trouble with me..haha...lol...

as for the china meis meis, confirm many stories, just yesterday, sent a girl to sophia rd(you should know that there is a prominent KTV there) she was wearing super short shorts, she was reluctant to alight and shine at me her super white fair skin thighs. i know she want to "tio" with me but i just ignore..:p

i may encounter hard luck in my corporate career progression, but i always stop for people on wheelchairs or handicapped, and give discounts or free ride for them.

this taxi driving thing really open my eyes that there are really all kinds of people in sinkie land.

How's life as a taxi driver? I am thinking of joining you.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
frankly, the downside is it's not a respectable job(that's how i think cos' i used to hold a grad. cushy office job) but it's quite fun at times. currently, at airport T3, there is a young mei mei serving coffee at the canteen, all the lao tikos will gather around there for a break.

many stories, mentioning a few here, there was once an american entrepreneur who sought my help, i met him in my cab a nd told him that i was interested in what he was selling, he roped me in but my salesmanship is very jialat so no biz for me, i left after a while and back to taxi.

there was another time an uncle i picked up from geylang asked me to join him or his gang, i supposed but i declined politely, he seemed to be someone savvy cos he 'd asked me to stop over and he will say hello to his friends by the side of geylang.

money wise, there aren't any more jobs that offer hard cash for the day. $100 to $200 income is achievable for a day. if you really interested, i suggest you apply for UBER(https://www.uber.com/cities/singapore) first, need no taxi licence and see if you like it? i dun hide anything in offering my advice. if i am not wrong, there are some internal security drivers out there also. maybe, you can join them, easier for you as you are ex-policeman. once i sent a CPIB rookie to his HQ, these CPIB chenghu langs really got acute senses of dogs, really different from normal policemen, that was my gut feel, he wanted to kajiao me by asking for receipt, i a bit kan chiong i thought he was going to find trouble with me..haha...lol...

as for the china meis meis, confirm many stories, just yesterday, sent a girl to sophia rd(you should know that there is a prominent KTV there) she was wearing super short shorts, she was reluctant to alight and shine at me her super white fair skin thighs. i know she want to "tio" with me but i just ignore..:p

i may encounter hard luck in my corporate career progression, but i always stop for people on wheelchairs or handicapped, and give discounts or free ride for them.

this taxi driving thing really open my eyes that there are really all kinds of people in sinkie land.

Thanks bro. I have a few friends driving taxi and when we meet, I get to hear stories from them. They were retrenched years ago and unable to find another job. One was on his own and used to spend 10-20k a month on wine, women and song.

Yes, some people look down on cab drivers. But honestly, does it matter? You dont owe anyone anything and you dont waste taxpayers' $$$$$$$$$$$.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
to the normal singaporeans, it means nothing.
it does not mean my bowl of mee pok will be cheaper as a result, neither would it mean, my pay will go up tomorrow.

tourists come to singapore not because of its airport, airlines come here not because of the airport...the only advantage probably is for people to like to come earlier to shop, benefiting the government.

and events held by airport like millionaire lucky draw...its for foreigners.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
woh! everyone of you are becoming taxi drivers, I may have to join soon.

So it is good to see COE shoot sky high and pray it says high and it can put food on the table for you and your family.

How's life as a taxi driver? I am thinking of joining you.

ThunderHawk

Alfrescian
Loyal
to the normal singaporeans, it means nothing.
it does not mean my bowl of mee pok will be cheaper as a result, neither would it mean, my pay will go up tomorrow.

tourists come to singapore not because of its airport, airlines come here not because of the airport...the only advantage probably is for people to like to come earlier to shop, benefiting the government.

and events held by airport like millionaire lucky draw...its for foreigners.

you are right! it does not make me richer.