• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ugly looking Toyota Kruger

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Went to test drive these this morning. The UTE is a special edition with racing seats, larger rims and wider tyres and a fancy paint job. Nice ride for a truck but only 2 wheel drive.

The MU-X felt heavy and sluggish and a rather noisy. I don't want it anymore. My Toyota 4 runner is better.

The V-Cross is actually my first pickup truck so I cannot compare if it's sluggish however noisy I have to agree with you nevertheless I am having a lot of fun whenever I drive it. I've yet to modify anything except for the wheels. I thinks its time, just found a 4x4 shop near home. Should pay them a visit soon. Things I wanna do will be a hardtop cover for the back, snorkel, ram-bar. V-Cross is already a pretty high truck so I am hesitant to raise it further limiting choices of carparks.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
ALL SUVs are ugly. People buy them because there's loads of space. Nobody buys one for the styling.

If you consider the Lexus RX a SUV (yes it cannot compare to the likes of Cruisers, Defender or even my D-Max in off road) then I'd say this is quite a nice SUV. I like this so much.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The V-Cross is actually my first pickup truck so I cannot compare if it's sluggish however noisy I have to agree with you nevertheless I am having a lot of fun whenever I drive it. I've yet to modify anything except for the wheels. I thinks its time, just found a 4x4 shop near home. Should pay them a visit soon. Things I wanna do will be a hardtop cover for the back, snorkel, ram-bar. V-Cross is already a pretty high truck so I am hesitant to raise it further limiting choices of carparks.

Did you try the Toyota Hilux when you were shopping for a truck?

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lexus-toyota-harrier-3.jpg

The new Toyota Harrier also looks not bad...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The new Toyota Harrier also looks not bad...

That's the Lexus RX.

The Lexus brand used to be only available in N. America. In Japan it was not until 2005 that saw the Lexus brand in the market. So prior to 2005, the luxury range of Toyotas share almost identical models with Lexus as follows:

LS = Celsior ; GS = Aristo ; ES = Windom and then later Avalon ; IS = Altizza ; LX = Land Cruiser ; GS = Prado ; RX = Harrier . SX = Soarer

Though somewhat identical in designs, these models differed in their engine and transmission combinations as well as equipment offered. Moreover these Toyota badge luxury models are offered only as Japan Domestic Model an not available in other markets through official Toyota channels. Therefore even prior to 2005 the Lexus brands were also available in other markets like SEAsia, UK etc

I mentioned the year 2005 a few times as it is an important date for Lexus - 2005 saw the launching of the L-finesse design concept which is a guiding principle for future design of all Lexus models starting with the launch of the GS 3rd generation model. Concurrently Lexus also launched the brand in Japan totally differentiating future Lexus designed models from Toyota again starting from the GS model. From that time on all new Lexus models has a more startling differences from those luxury Toyota models.

applejuice

Alfrescian
Loyal
How else do you think the PAP govt obtained so much money? You think it is from the brilliance of the investments made by Temasek? :wink:

Brilliance of investments made by Temasek? You mean like this?

[video=youtube;GH6tSE8vD58]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH6tSE8vD58[/video]

WTF! US$4.6billion loss in one transaction. Brilliance indeed that extremely few can match.

applejuice

Alfrescian
Loyal
And they do not have to sell in a panic in the market downturn... bwhahahaaaaaa

[video=youtube;JfwKxMRbPf8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfwKxMRbPf8[/video]

Why then do they sell BOA at a loss of U$4.6billion?

You be the judge.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
After more than 6 months of test drives and research, I've decided that this SUV is best value for money. It drives beautifully and has all the features you could ever want.

The diesel version is the way to go.

I would never have imagined a year ago that I'd be recommending a Korean brand over a Toyota but there you go. Things change very quickly in this day and age. It took only 5 years for Nokia to go from hero to zero. I have a feeling the same thing can happen in the car market too.

2014_hyundai_santa_fe_limited-pic-4949768255797232877.jpeg