• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sick of living a emigrated life, Singapore want you back

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am returning to Singapore to suffer, anyone thinking of the same. :biggrin:

Make S'pore more attractive to lure back overseas citizens

Published on Mar 13, 2014

SINGAPORE is making attempts to woo overseas Singaporeans back to contribute their talents and skills to our country ("Govt taps recruiters to lure overseas S'poreans home"; March 3).

For the attempts to be successful, Singapore must be seen and felt as a place that is better than the citizens' current country of residence.

First, we must treat those who return like any other Singaporean. These people are likely more well-educated and thus will be holding higher-paying jobs on their return.

We must not consider them elites and be envious of them. This envy will inevitably cause resentment towards them, discouraging other overseas Singaporeans from coming home.

Second, we must ensure that our nation is a destination with good job opportunities for Singaporeans in order to encourage them to make that move.

After settling down in a new country, it is a great sacrifice to be uprooted once again to adjust to life here.

With these two moves, not only can we attract Singaporeans working overseas to come back, but we can also encourage local students studying in foreign universities to return to Singapore to work upon their graduation.

Otherwise, these adventurous youngsters, keen to have new experiences, might find employment in a foreign land and remain there forever.

Yeo Boon Eng (Ms)

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As if singapore wants any singkies back. Its just a wayang n a plan designed to fail so the pappies can say singkies dont want to come back so we need more fts. Start treating the locals better 1st like abolish scholarship for foreigners n give it to locals..n when things improve..quitters might come back..but it will b too much sacrifice for the pappies so it aint happening.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Quitters return to Sinkapore, PAP will say,

Hear Hear Leongsam speaks, Sinkapore is better,

so will the locals shut up and appreciate the FTs.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Out of a sudden, i received a cold from recruitment.. A job from Sg.. I do not mind working like a slaves but pay must be right. I take my current pay multiply by 1.24 plus accommodation plus yearly return tickets, they said employer cannot pay.. CCB, waste my time. To compromise my lifestyle, work-life balance, chicken business with minimum pay, I said to them fuck off... Hehe...

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Advance Global Australian Awards celebrate Australians living overseas, who exhibit remarkable talent, exceptional vision and ambition. They are the only awards to recognise the important contributions of the more than one million Australians living abroad. - See more at: http://advance.org/awards-2013-about-overview/#sthash.KkIZDpjV.dpuf

Man.jpg.jpg

“Jianhua and Aihua’s partnership has been so successful, both in Australia and on their return to China. They took us to the position where we can now make the most efficient cells in the world and nobody yet has been able to catch up. Their work introduced a number of efficiencies and innovations, and it has really underpinned our success in this field” - Scientia Professor Martin Green, Australian Centre for Advanced Photovoltaics, UNSW Dr Jianhua Zhao and Dr Aihua Wang have dedicated their remarkable careers to the advancement of solar cell technologies. Working in an inspiring husband and wife partnership, they hold the record for the world’s most efficient silicon solar cells. Set in the laboratories of the University of New South Wales (UNSW), the record has remained unbroken for over 20 years. - See more at: http://advance.org/jianhua-zhao-and-aihua-wang/#sthash.wDJFfXjM.dpuf

Last edited:

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal

quitters did return to sinkie. his name is gilbert goh. he sells really edgey t-shirts!!! i'm sure sinkie gahmen welcomed himback!! lulz

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
quitters did return to sinkie. his name is gilbert goh. he sells really edgey t-shirts!!! i'm sure sinkie gahmen welcomed himback!! lulz

If he served his NS duties, of course PAP will take him back. :biggrin:

Not everyone is prepared for emigrating.

One fellow I know is asking, I have a big house, 2 luxury cars, a sports cruiser powerboat now. How come I am still visiting Singapore four times a year?

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I get the same in Singapore, and allows to fly back to Australia 4 times a year, I'll go back.

If he served his NS duties, of course PAP will take him back. :biggrin:

Not everyone is prepared for emigrating.

One fellow I know is asking, I have a big house, 2 luxury cars, a sports cruiser powerboat now. How come I am still visiting Singapore four times a year?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I get the same in Singapore, and allows to fly back to Australia 4 times a year, I'll go back.

I hope he read this :smile:

I am losing my 2 of my angmo mates, they are moving to Asia to retire, with income from OZ.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Retire in Singapore? Or are they thinking more like Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines? I know of several ang moh say its better value of money in these countries to retire with a personal nurse and daily changing of "gf". Not a bad deal if you think about it.

I hope he read this :smile:

I am losing my 2 of my angmo mates, they are moving to Asia to retire, with income from OZ.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I emigrated over ten years ago, and now am back in Singapore for work reasons. I don't see it as a better or worse place and do whatever is in front of me, after all there are people all over the world doing whatever they can to survive under all kinds of circumstances. At this point in time, I have done what I came back for, and will not be renewing my E-pass when it expires. My wants are simple and just wish to spend time at home, preferably in my own backyard or garage. In my free time, I wish to indulge in woodworking, something I am unable to do in Singapore, and smoke pot to relax. Just hope to visit as much of South East Asia before I leave and return to the Great White North. Good luck to you and wish you the best in all your endeavours.

Cheers!

I am returning to Singapore to suffer, anyone thinking of the same. :biggrin:...................

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I emigrated over ten years ago, and now am back in Singapore for work reasons. I don't see it as a better or worse place and do whatever is in front of me, after all there are people all over the world doing whatever they can to survive under all kinds of circumstances. At this point in time, I have done what I came back for, and will not be renewing my E-pass when it expires. My wants are simple and just wish to spend time at home, preferably in my own backyard or garage. In my free time, I wish to indulge in woodworking, something I am unable to do in Singapore, and smoke pot to relax. Just hope to visit as much of South East Asia before I leave and return to the Great White North. Good luck to you and wish you the best in all your endeavours.

Cheers!

Friend, it is the weather, the crowd, the stress, and I will miss my garden, fish, nature.
Fruit & veg in Singapore - totally tasteless from the ones I grow.

Maybe I should smoke some weeds and toy with wood tuning as well. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get the synthetic ones from kiwi land!
Friend, it is the weather, the crowd, the stress, and I will miss my garden, fish, nature.
Fruit & veg in Singapore - totally tasteless from the ones I grow.

Maybe I should smoke some weeds and toy with wood tuning as well. :biggrin:

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am returning to Singapore to suffer, anyone thinking of the same. :biggrin:

Make S'pore more attractive to lure back overseas citizens

Published on Mar 13, 2014

SINGAPORE is making attempts to woo overseas Singaporeans back to contribute their talents and skills to our country ("Govt taps recruiters to lure overseas S'poreans home"; March 3).

For the attempts to be successful, Singapore must be seen and felt as a place that is better than the citizens' current country of residence.

First, we must treat those who return like any other Singaporean. These people are likely more well-educated and thus will be holding higher-paying jobs on their return.

We must not consider them elites and be envious of them. This envy will inevitably cause resentment towards them, discouraging other overseas Singaporeans from coming home.

Second, we must ensure that our nation is a destination with good job opportunities for Singaporeans in order to encourage them to make that move.

After settling down in a new country, it is a great sacrifice to be uprooted once again to adjust to life here.

With these two moves, not only can we attract Singaporeans working overseas to come back, but we can also encourage local students studying in foreign universities to return to Singapore to work upon their graduation.

Otherwise, these adventurous youngsters, keen to have new experiences, might find employment in a foreign land and remain there forever.

Yeo Boon Eng (Ms)

The Chinese say "Good horse never return to eat the same patch of grass." The English say "Fuck off for good." The sinkies say "Come back to get f ....!!!"

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Get the synthetic ones from kiwi land!

I prefer my own home grown ones. I will feel safer when visiting Asian friends in high-rise apartment with balcony.

The ones we have here are stated ‘not for human consumption’

They contain active components other than synthetic cannabinoids such as MDPV, 2CI, methylone (3,4-methylenedioxymethcathinone), dimethoxy-allyltryptamine (DALT) and phenazepam. These mixtures of compounds with different pharmacological actions can have unpredictable results when taken and if taken together.

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wahaha.. Bravo ! Finally, found a mate who smoke pot ! I had depression few years ago and pot got me out of it.. these days I casually smoke for leisure.. :smile:

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I first smoked pot during A levels. Was introduced to it from an Indian kampong mate. That was during the seventies. I have carried on using it occasionally through NS, Uni, working life and get it whenever it is convenient. The only time in my life when I went out for the purpose of looking to score some weed was during my early working life. Had a car, and some disposable cash to spend. Since I had a kid, I seldom smoke the weed and its been about four years I've not smoked it - that was because of returning to Singapore. Even if I manage to get some here, I wouldn't be able to light up comfortable as the smell would definitely be picked up. Smoking pot is a cure or relieve for many of today's urban living effects. Surely helps stress reduction and see the lighter side of things.

Oh, btw, lots of people do smoke pot. I found that out during NS. Just that people here don't talk openly about it as it is taboo in Singapore.

Cheers!

Wahaha.. Bravo ! Finally, found a mate who smoke pot ! I had depression few years ago and pot got me out of it.. these days I casually smoke for leisure.. :smile:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thc is great as a pain reliever as well. Before I went for my surgery I've used it to relive the enormous pain I was in. The synthetic ones, surprisingly, work just as great. Slightly different depends on the blend, but then again you get different strains for the natural ones as well. I would highly recommend it as a pain reliever. Haven't had it for close to 3 years now, but have a quarter ounce stored for emergency.

I first smoked pot during A levels. Was introduced to it from an Indian kampong mate. That was during the seventies. I have carried on using it occasionally through NS, Uni, working life and get it whenever it is convenient. The only time in my life when I went out for the purpose of looking to score some weed was during my early working life. Had a car, and some disposable cash to spend. Since I had a kid, I seldom smoke the weed and its been about four years I've not smoked it - that was because of returning to Singapore. Even if I manage to get some here, I wouldn't be able to light up comfortable as the smell would definitely be picked up. Smoking pot is a cure or relieve for many of today's urban living effects. Surely helps stress reduction and see the lighter side of things.

Oh, btw, lots of people do smoke pot. I found that out during NS. Just that people here don't talk openly about it as it is taboo in Singapore.

Cheers!