• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

red wedding and a white 106yo funeral wake side by side

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
this had gotta be the wierdest functions i ve attended! a wedding next to a funeral side by side.

a dear old man was overjoyed that his great grandson was marrying soon. the whole family began planning for the wedding, sending our invitation, buy dowry and so on...

just a few day before the wedding, the dear oldman suddenly dropped dead. just like that. it was strange that a few day liked he sensed that he might not live to see the wedding of his great grandson so he casually told the family that should anything unforeseen happened to him, the wedding must proceed.

true enough, he dropped dead before the D BIG DAY. what to do? they went ahead with the wedding and at the same time arranged a funeral next to it.

this wedding was held in batu pahat and i was invited.

it turned out to be a double auspicious event cos it was believed that anyone who lived past 100 yo and died wasn't considered a "white" event. it was conisdered a "red" or auspicious event and it was a happy event!

so as it went..... guests first went to pray homage to the deceased oldman by offering 2 joss sticks and a not pai kim packet but a red packet cos it was a joyous event. after that they proceed to the next door where the wedding was simultaneously held. again, they offered another red packet to the bride and groom's families.

everything went on smoothly and congenially. and u know what? for those guests who were there, strangely they felt very lucky...somewhat liked a "double bliss". :smile:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmmm...now i ve an uncanny feeling that our very own dear oldman might just live past 100yo!!

firecrackers and fireworks then??

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thank you ahbar for a nice Sunday true story with happy ending.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
left this morning after the wedding cum funeral.

some of the local guests there are staying put for tonite's big burning of the big house. that is the number address of the big big house.

God Meng Seng

Alfrescian
Loyal
this had gotta be the wierdest functions i ve attended! a wedding next to a funeral side by side.

a dear old man was overjoyed that his great grandson was marrying soon. the whole family began planning for the wedding, sending our invitation, buy dowry and so on...

just a few day before the wedding, the dear oldman suddenly dropped dead. just like that. it was strange that a few day liked he sensed that he might not live to see the wedding of his great grandson so he casually told the family that should anything unforeseen happened to him, the wedding must proceed.

true enough, he dropped dead before the D BIG DAY. what to do? they went ahead with the wedding and at the same time arranged a funeral next to it.

this wedding was held in batu pahat and i was invited.

Batu pahat I like!!!!

Been there for friend wedding too. That place is idyllic and stress-free, not like Sinkieland, whole day kenna harassed, bullied and squeezed by your balls.

I love the ambiance of the place. The family of the bride treated me to home cook lunch. 10 over dishes siah! All freshly cooked using the freshest ingredient like fish, pork, chicken, quail egg, kang kong! Wa lao eh, I shiok shiok shiok shiok shiok! I drink their XO brandy, I feel so happy that I look at the bride sister and started sweet-talking to her! She a bit embarrassed, she wonder why I suddenly flirt her. Up to now we have each other number, i feel like calling her, but I a bit shy ............

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For Chinese, when somebody passed away, it is of course considered as a sad event, i.e 白事

However, if somebody pass away, and already has 4 generation of descendends (i.e total of 5) that it is consider as a joyous occassion, i.e 红事

Is that true?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Batu pahat I like!!!!

Been there for friend wedding too. That place is idyllic and stress-free, not like Sinkieland, whole day kenna harassed, bullied and squeezed by your balls.

I love the ambiance of the place. The family of the bride treated me to home cook lunch. 10 over dishes siah! All freshly cooked using the freshest ingredient like fish, pork, chicken, quail egg, kang kong! Wa lao eh, I shiok shiok shiok shiok shiok! I drink their XO brandy, I feel so happy that I look at the bride sister and started sweet-talking to her! She a bit embarrassed, she wonder why I suddenly flirt her. Up to now we have each other number, i feel like calling her, but I a bit shy ............

There are budget hotels in Batu Pahat....and you can show her your.....!! ha ha ha don't be shy lah!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
For Chinese, when somebody passed away, it is of course considered as a sad event, i.e 白事

However, if somebody pass away, and already has 4 generation of descendends (i.e total of 5) that it is consider as a joyous occassion, i.e 红事

Is that true?

true. a person lives past 100 is consider very good life.

many people gather to watch the unusual occasion. all vying for lucky numbers to buy lottery.

anyway, i ve bought. if tonite, HUAT AH!! all my employees shall kena too :smile:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are budget hotels in Batu Pahat....and you can show her your.....!! ha ha ha don't be shy lah!

no budget hotels. why waste money. the nature is there for every to breed naturally :smile: got rivers, lakes, jungles, thick bushes all shielded :smile:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: double ANG JEE from these 2 red events: 3358

oh well! might as well!!

oh shit! missed by 3 hairs!!

Draw No : 3606
Sun 02/03/14
1st Prize 8214
2nd Prize 1092
3rd Prize 0582
Starter Prizes