• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New harassment laws could be enacted soon

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/new-harassment-laws-could/1012870.html

The proposed new law will cover a range of behaviours, such as sexual harassment within and outside the workplace, cyber-bullying and bullying of children.

PHOTOS
The Parliament House compound in Singapore.(AFP/File - Roslan Rahman)
ENLARGECAPTION
SINGAPORE: New laws could soon be enacted to better protect the public from harassment.

Law Minister K Shanmugam will introduce the Protection from Harassment Bill on March 3 in Parliament.

The proposed new law will cover a range of behaviours, such as sexual harassment within and outside the workplace, cyber-bullying and bullying of children. Stalking will also be an offence.

The proposed law will apply to acts committed outside Singapore. For example, it covers Singapore-based victims of overseas stalkers.

The existing law protecting public servants may also be extended to those who deliver essential services to the public, including healthcare and public transport staff.

Existing penalties will be enhanced and the court will be empowered to issue community orders, such as ordering the offender to seek mandatory treatment at the Institute of Mental Health.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Stupid law and next to impossible to enforce. If I intended to harass or stalk someone on line, I could easily make it next to impossible to track me down.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonderful, another law to buff the repertoire of laws that the Singaporean government uses to control the populace.

Another reason to vote opposition, PAP is ramming every single policy that pleases them through parliament.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like how they're so sneaky about it: their real aim is cyber-bullying (online censorship), but they're throwing it into the mix along with sexual harassment and bullying of children in order to gain moral impetus for the law to be enacted. :rolleyes:

What a bunch of fucking weasels we have running this country! :biggrin:

God Meng Seng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like how they're so sneaky about it: their real aim is cyber-bullying (online censorship), but they're throwing it into the mix along with sexual harassment and bullying of children in order to gain moral impetus for the law to be enacted. :rolleyes:

What a bunch of fucking weasels we have running this country! :biggrin:

I welcome these new laws. They will prevent my beloved leetahbar bob from being bullied online by David Phang, aka Debonerman aka Thebonerman aka FuckSamLeong.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stupid law and next to impossible to enforce. If I intended to harass or stalk someone on line, I could easily make it next to impossible to track me down.

Online bullying or harrasment law really idiot.
Blame it on the victim that are too stupid/idiot/sentitive/...................>> out of word