• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is M1 network down?

oratedar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Telco M1 has posted a notice on Facebook acknowledging that some of its customers may be experiencing difficulties sending text messages or making voice calls.

M1 said that it was in the process of rectifying the issue.

No reason explaining the problem was given.

Maybe they will offer 50 cents discount off your next bill.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
LOL! They will kenna fine and money government will take but consumer suffer the shit.

Same with MRT, telecommmunication also same.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yep, the network is down again:(
I need a backup & I am looking at a pre-paid plan. I'm not a heavy user of the phone. Just need to be contactable mostly for credit card verifications. Which alternative is cheaper & better Starhub, Singtel,....:confused:

In the long term I plan to switch to switch. Nowadays with internet service providers offering VOIP e.g. skype, people who own a simple phones don't really need an expensive phone plan.

topspin

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should pay less fine but compensate customers more since the customers are the ones who lost the use of the service.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL! They will kenna fine and money government will take but consumer suffer the shit.

Same with MRT, telecommmunication also same.

Last year, M1 also had a 3-day island wide failure and eventually compensated with free calls for 3 days during the CNY in 2013. Now, just after the 2014 CNY and it happens again.

In 2013, I had written to the MDA to impose a regulation that for a telco whose service is down for more than 2 hours, they should allow free auto roaming to the other workable telcos for all local calls in order to avoid inconveniences to their affected customers and all charges are to be borne by the failed telco. But as usual, those bastards in MDA will only know how to fine the telcos and pocket the fines for themselves instead of working out a good and feasible solution for the end-users.

Amendment: Should be MDA, not IDA.

Last edited:

topspin

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exactly what I am getting at. Its all punitive punitive and punitive but no thought for the customers.

But as usual, those bastards in IDA will only know how to fine the telcos and pocket the fines for themselves instead of working out a good and feasible solution for the end-users.

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
no choice. need to use my pigeon to send my messages out

980511361340db43.jpg