• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why I Support the PAP

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Transport and Housing Bureau demanded that the MTR Corp submits a report on the incident within three working days.

in a singapore, there will be a COI forming and reults will be known further in another 3 months.

hahahhahahahaaaa........

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
How can Hong Kong afford all of this? The answer is deceptively simple: “Value Capture.”

Like no other system in the world, the MTR understands the monetary value of urban density—in other words, what economists call "agglomeration.” Hong Kong is one of the world’s densest cities, and businesses depend on the metro to ferry customers from one side of the territory to another. As a result, the MTR strikes a bargain with shop owners: In exchange for transporting customers, the transit agency receives a cut of the mall’s profit,

When the MRT was first built, Singapore did not have the population density that HK has always been famous for.

However, now that the population density in Singapore has been growing to the point where Singapore can compete with HK, I'm sure the MRT will soon be on par with the MTR and will probably surpass it thanks to the astute management of the system by the PAP.

I have full confidence in the Singapore government because it has the best brains in the business.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I am not referring to the article but about you visiting the site.

I read widely in order to arrive at balanced opinions regarding issues affecting the country. Reading only what you agree with and associating only with like minded people will result in a very narrow perspective of the world.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Without the PAP, our MRT train system would follow a haphazard development, just like Bangkok's rail transit or Malaysia rail network. Look at Indonesia...they dont even have a train! PAP's foresight has brought about the best quality of life for Singaporeans.

What is so great about the Hong Kong MTR??? :rolleyes:

logo.png

Thousands hit in five hours of travel chaos after MTR power blackout

Monday, 16 December, 2013, 2:31pm
News›Hong Kong

TRANSPORT

Cheung Chi-fai, Clifford Lo and Stuart Lau

Thousands suffer as loose cable halts trains, leaving six stations shut and bus terminals jammed

A power failure on the Tseung Kwan O line halted MTR services for nearly five hours yesterday, plunging the city's transport network into chaos.
A Yau Ma Tei-bound train broke down in a tunnel at 12.40pm, forcing about 150 passengers to walk on the track to Yau Tong station.
mtr5.jpg

Trains were affected on the whole Tseung Kwan O Line and between Tiu Keng Leng and Lam Tin on the Kwun Tong Line.

Cross-harbour services were also halted for more than an hour in what was the worst disruption on the line in a decade.

Six MTR stations were forced to close, leaving thousands of passengers in limbo and causing a rush to bus stations, which were quickly jammed.
Commuters were angered by the failure of the MTR Corp's contingency plans. Services did not resume until 5.35pm.

An inspection found that a 30-metre section of an overhead power line had come loose and dangled as low as one metre from the tunnel ceiling between Yau Tong and Tiu Keng Leng stations. Lo Chi-ho, divisional commander of Kowloon East's Fire Services Department, said: "We suspect a train was travelling in this section of the tunnel and was in contact with the overhead power cable, causing a power failure."

He said inspectors found damage to a section of the cable and the top of the train.

The Transport and Housing Bureau demanded that the MTR Corp submits a report on the incident within three working days.

Some comments from commuters :

Hong Kong's worst disruption happens only once in a decade and Hong Kong MTR needs to submit an incidence report within three working days.

Singapore just wayang away all the incidences by setting up Committee of Inquiry with their own cronies.

For those who say "Without the PAP, our MRT train system would follow a haphazard development", PAP must also take credit for all the train breakdown/disruption.

1557674_10201746112749369_776901754_n.jpg

1525437_640162099378459_1044739016_n.jpg

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When the MRT was first built, Singapore did not have the population density that HK has always been famous for.

However, now that the population density in Singapore has been growing to the point where Singapore can compete with HK, I'm sure the MRT will soon be on par with the MTR and will probably surpass it thanks to the astute management of the system by the PAP.

I have full confidence in the Singapore government because it has the best brains in the business.

Thanks for proving me right that Hong Kong's MTR is better.:smile:

As for the contention that "When the MRT was first built, Singapore did not have the population density that HK has always been famous for.", The same can be said of Hong Kong's population density when it started and it's population today.:rolleyes:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Hong Kong's worst disruption happens only once in a decade and Hong Kong MTR needs to submit an incidence report within three working days.

An incident report is simply a description of what actually occurred. It isn't an enquiry into root causes and solutions.

It is something a low level employee will do.

http://www.wikihow.com/Write-an-Incident-Report

As for the "once in decade" remark, I suggest you do your research first :

Here are the stats for the HK MTR just for 2010/11

Delays of 8 minutes to 30 minutes
---------------------------------
Causes/Year 2010 1st quarter of 2011
(No. of cases) (No. of cases)
Equipment Failure 138 39
Human Factor 20 8
Passenger Behaviour
and External Event 94 35

Total 252 82

Delays of more than 30 minutes to one hour
------------------------------------------
Equipment Failure 3 1
Human Factor 1 1
Passenger Behaviour
and External Event 8 1

Total 12 3

Delays of over one hour
-----------------------
Equipment Failure 2 1
Human Factor 0 0
Passenger Behaviour
and External Event 1 0

Total 3 1

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I read widely in order to arrive at balanced opinions regarding issues affecting the country. Reading only what you agree with and associating only with like minded people will result in a very narrow perspective of the world.

I too go to the porlumpar-PAP site, or else how would I know?

f0oh8k.jpg

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
More info about the MTR : http://www.cdeclips.com/en/hongkong/fullstory.html?id=70478

Retaining public trust in MTR system is of vital importance
BY HONG LIANG
Published: Nov 16 2011 10:26

Since it was built in the late 1970s, the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) has always been a source of pride for Hong Kong people. I rode the system for the first time in 1982 on a visit to Hong Kong from Singapore where I was then working. Walking through the cavernous Central station, lined with wine-colored paneling, made me feel immensely proud of my home town.

Indeed, Mass Transit Railway Corp, which has the monopoly to build and operate the railway system in Hong Kong, is much more than just a business concern. It is an institution, like the civil service, the judiciary and HSBC – all of which form a bedrock of confidence in the city. (I thought about including the well-loved Peninsula Hotel in the list. But that was too much of a personal preference.)

For that reason, I believe that many Hong Kong people, like me, feel badly let down by the frequent disruptions to our MTR service during the past several months.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i received this report directly from the authorities in hk

if you want better service you must be prepared to pay more

hahahhahahaaaa.......................

Last edited:

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For those who wishes to curse and swear whether you are PAP or Opposition, go start a swearing thread. Please do not disrupt.
where is your reply???

those who wnte to talk about the railway, go start a new thread. Please do not disrupt?????

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This should give you more cause to appreciate sammyboy.com where you can quote from ANY forum and pretty much say anything you want.

Let's see how much money that screwed up so-called PAP asslicker with 4 known clones will cough up to take part in this forum. His contributions to this forum is outstanding in more ways than one, helping you to keep this forum going with less headaches. He is taking cover from the bricks thrown at him including the kitchen sink.:biggrin:

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An incident report is simply a description of what actually occurred. It isn't an enquiry into root causes and solutions.

It is something a low level employee will do.

http://www.wikihow.com/Write-an-Incident-Report

As for the "once in decade" remark, I suggest you do your research first :

Here are the stats for the HK MTR just for 2010/11

Delays of 8 minutes to 30 minutes
---------------------------------
Equipment Failure 138 39
Human Factor 20 8
Passenger Behaviour
and External Event 94 35

Total 252 82

Delays of more than 30 minutes to one hour
------------------------------------------
Equipment Failure 3 1
Human Factor 1 1
Passenger Behaviour
and External Event 8 1

Total 12 3

Delays of over one hour
-----------------------
Equipment Failure 2 1
Human Factor 0 0
Passenger Behaviour
and External Event 1 0

Total 3 1

Boss Sam, you are confusing readers with Hong Kong's MTR maintenance delay and Singapore MRT's major train disruption.
Did any train commuters need to walk on the train track in Hong Kong's MTR delay?

Just a quick google search and this is what I found, just for year 2011.
Look at the period of disruption.

Source: 2011 Singapore MRT disruptions
October 17, 2011 – Train services disrupted, between 10.30 am to 11.10 am, on North South Line between Ang Mo Kio and Bishan. Full service resumed at 12.05 pm. Approximately 5,000 commuters were affected.

December 15, 2011 – Train services disrupted, between 6.50 pm to 12.15 am (the next day), on North South Line between Bishan and Marina Bay stations.

December 17, 2011 – Train services disrupted, between 7.55 am to 1.18 pm, on North South Line between Toa Payoh and Marina Bay stations.

December 18, 2011 – Postponed opening hours of MRT services on North South Line and East West Line.

The two train services that disrupted on the North South Line that took place on 15 and 17 December 2011 were the worst breakdowns in SMRT's 24-year history

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boss Sam, you are confusing readers with Hong Kong's MTR maintenance delay and Singapore MRT's major train disruption.
Did any train commuters need to walk on the train track in Hong Kong's MTR delay?

Just a quick google search and this is what I found, just for year 2011.
Look at the period of disruption.

Source: 2011 Singapore MRT disruptions
October 17, 2011 – Train services disrupted, between 10.30 am to 11.10 am, on North South Line between Ang Mo Kio and Bishan. Full service resumed at 12.05 pm. Approximately 5,000 commuters were affected.

December 15, 2011 – Train services disrupted, between 6.50 pm to 12.15 am (the next day), on North South Line between Bishan and Marina Bay stations.

December 17, 2011 – Train services disrupted, between 7.55 am to 1.18 pm, on North South Line between Toa Payoh and Marina Bay stations.

December 18, 2011 – Postponed opening hours of MRT services on North South Line and East West Line.

The two train services that disrupted on the North South Line that took place on 15 and 17 December 2011 were the worst breakdowns in SMRT's 24-year history
horses do wear blinkers

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

From the report above

A power failure on the Tseung Kwan O line halted MTR services for nearly five hours yesterday, plunging the city's transport network into chaos.
A Yau Ma Tei-bound train broke down in a tunnel at 12.40pm, forcing about 150 passengers to walk on the track to Yau Tong station.

Nobody is claiming that the MRT is perfect. It has it's problems but so do all transport systems.. HK, Switzerland, Scandinavian countries all have been through major disruptions. The Swiss even had catastrophic accidents despite the fact that they are world renowned for a railway network that runs like clockwork.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23494203

Instead of condemning the PAP government constantly and painting a false picture that some other countries are perfect, you should thank your luck stars you are living in Singapore where things are far better managed compared to 98% of the rest of the world.

Can the PAP improve further? Of course it can but what it needs is the support of the people to reach new heights of excellence. Being an armchair critic and keyboard hero isn't going to help matters whatsoever.

jw5

Loyal
He also has plenty of clones. There's even a nick that has taken to using that hand lifting dumbells with hairy balls avatar. The name escapes me now. Wonder if it is his clone or just some imposter.

Unfortunately, he can and will continue to do what he likes, because he does in fact own SBF Inc.

Unlike the other guy who thinks he owns Singapore Inc and has cultivated a mentality to make others think the same, such that even the owner of SBF Inc agrees that he does.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From the report above

Nobody is claiming that the MRT is perfect. It has it's problems but so do all transport systems.. HK, Switzerland, Scandinavian countries all have been through major disruptions. The Swiss even had catastrophic accidents despite the fact that they are world renowned for a railway network that runs like clockwork.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23494203

Instead of condemning the PAP government constantly and painting a false picture that some other countries are perfect, you should thank your luck stars you are living in Singapore where things are far better managed compared to 98% of the rest of the world.

Can the PAP improve further? Of course it can but what it needs is the support of the people to reach new heights of excellence. Being an armchair critic and keyboard hero isn't going to help matters whatsoever.
Too bad, the ministars in those countries u quoted didn't get the good salaries as our pappies ministars.

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In terms of literacy, PAP has done well over the years for people of Singapore. More and more are having at least O levels qualification. The foresight of PAP making English the working language has reaped returns where we can attract foreigners to invest in Singapore more than other countries in SE Asia.

The Singapore currency has also been strong all these years and this has helped to cushion the increasing costs of living, as compared to Malaysia where the ringgit has weakened to a considerable extent bringing more hardship to its people.

PAP has always the interests of Singapore and Singaporeans at its heart.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Their family members and friends are also Singaporeans.
Well, most of them anyway. :wink: