• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bus and train fares up 4-6 cents from April 6

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's all very well justified because the 60.1% had given them the mandate. Gave S$1.1b of taxpayers money to buy new buses and then follow up with fare increase for the commuters. How cynical indeed?

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The fares are very cheap. In NZ, a bus trip costs 3 to 5 times more for the same distance and the Mass Rapid Transit system has been 30 years in the making and the first metre of track has yet to be laid. It's all talk and no action whatsoever in this archaic country.

Singaporeans are extremely lucky to have such an efficient service at very reasonable prices.

amostio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah lao SPH's RazorTV praise Hong Kong's MTR.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/l3ZCeKvyZWo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's all very well justified because the 60.1% had given them the mandate. Gave S$1.1b of taxpayers money to buy new buses and then follow up with fare increase for the commuters. How cynical indeed?

Ha ha..........
Maybe better give $1.1b to passenger. In SG about 2 million taking public bus/MRT.
If $1.1b/2m = $550 each .

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
per
Hell NO
I pay for good service......... I seldom experience breakdown or delay in Germany
Fare increase? Unheard of!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only greedy govt like us squeeze us dry//////// daily, monthl and yearly

Nothing against raised transport fees, provided I get IMPROVED service and efficiency, which is NOT there. :mad:

Public transport co can be privatized. However, how can it operate when it is publicly listed. Shareholders would expect the company's profit to increase year after year. However, the volume of traffic is quite inelastic so the only way appears to increase fares. If we have a lousy CEO who chose to focus increasing profit through marketing of retail space, cutting cost for maintenance, the service standard will be affected like the situation that one of them is in now. When govt provide fund to help improve the service for the good of the people, it is just not right technically. Effectively, tax payers'money is being transferred to a co owned by the public. I have been wondering why these companies are listed. They can be privatized to improve efficiency but they can't survive as a listed co as it is difficult to have yearly profit increase without increasing the fares.

1557674_10201746112749369_776901754_n.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah lao SPH's RazorTV praise Hong Kong's MTR.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/l3ZCeKvyZWo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They have a very good system in HK, much better than the Spore system. It runs until 1am unlike the Spore system where you see people rushing to catch the last train at 11.XX pm.
I also found the frequency of the trains better in HK.

I've never understood why the Spore trains stopped running so early? In the past I thought maybe it was because they were doing maintenance but we have found out that that was never a priority in Spore:rolleyes:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They have a very good system in HK, much better than the Spore system. It runs until 1am unlike the Spore system where you see people rushing to catch the last train at 11.XX pm.
I also found the frequency of the trains better in HK.

I've never understood why the Spore trains stopped running so early? In the past I thought maybe it was because they were doing maintenance but we have found out that that was never a priority in Spore:rolleyes:

SMRT is priority making money?? Profit about 4~6% after deduct out all the cost(loan ineterest/salary included top big pay and director fee).
When u flip coin head or tail SMRT win commuter lose.
If profit fall they will just increase fare.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sinkie , your ass pain or not..

This is what happens when you are ball-less to protest against the PAP.