• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[News] $4,000 pay but no takers

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You would think that those looking for a job would rush forward, hoping to be employed.

But as one employer has found, sometimes pay isn’t everything.

Ms Choo Hong Eng, 59, the boss of Kwan Inn Vegetarian Food at Geylang East, is better known as the “Jackpot Auntie” for donating her slot machine winnings of about $416,000, after she was involved in a dispute with Marina Bay Sands in November 2011.

For close to half a year, she had been trying to hire a cook for her coffee shop food stall but has been unsuccessful.

She realised that none of the applicants was willing to work the long hours of 6am to 2pm.

Those who responded to the ad tried to negotiate for shorter working hours, complaining that the job is too tiring.

Source: $4,000 pay but no takers | The New Paper

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
6am-2pm is long hours?

Maybe should get TRS to help. They have many readers who are out of jobs and kpkb all days on that site. I am sure one of them will take on that job.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It proves what I have been saying all along... that sinkies are spoilt and lazy and deserve whatever misfortune that may befall them.

Jar Jar Binks

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Conspiracy theory : Good propaganda for The PAP and MSM using this as an excuse that Singapore need foreigners. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If she can increase it to $8k, I guarantee there will be many takers. Just like how PAP increase their pay to attract their candidates. She should increase it to $8k or even $10k to attract good and honest cook.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
It proves what I have been saying all along... that sinkies are spoilt and lazy and deserve whatever misfortune that may befall them.

Ballz to he who believe it to be true!! Use your head n do a bit of thinking!! Ballz!

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
this fake vegetarian talking cock, 6am - 2pm? lang sang. all those into eatery stall know how they deploy and arrange the workers working hour...

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
this fake vegetarian talking cock, 6am - 2pm? lang sang. all those into eatery stall know how they deploy and arrange the workers working hour...

More likely, its a typo. She meant 6am to 2am next day. LOL

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I sincerely wish the nice lady boss was delibeately misquoted and made used of for this propaganda report.
Will be disappointed if she is a pappy dog.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Assuming the stall only opens for breakfast and lunch:

6am to 2pm, Monday thru Sunday = 56 hours per week, 224 hours per month.

$4k divide by 224 hours = hourly wage of about $17.85

That's equivalent to just a little over $2.8k for a 5-day week 9-to-5 job. What's the big fuss about it?
It's just like that high-paying 'dishwashing job' from Douglas Foo of Sakae Sushi... what's the big deal?

Don't smoke the people with the monthly pay and be less forthcoming with the hours spent on working. :rolleyes: