• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kim Dotcom keeps hinting about NZ politics

Sephiroth

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Dotcom keeps hinting about NZ politics

AAP
January 12, 2014, 11:18 am

jan12_dotcom_1280x720-19d3o8q.jpg

NZ Internet entrepreneur Kim Dotcom has suggested continuing with plans for a new political party. AAP

Flamboyant internet entrepreneur Kim Dotcom is talking up his plans for a new political party ahead of its launch.

"My political party will activate non-voters, the youth, the internet electorate. We are going to make politics exciting. More on January 20," Dotcom tweeted on Sunday.

The German businessman, who is fighting extradition to the US on internet piracy charges, revealed plans for a political party last September.

At first, Dotcom said he could not be elected to parliament because he did not have citizenship.

He later told The Washington Post his lawyers had been checking New Zealand electoral law.

"They found that if I'm a permanent resident of New Zealand who's lived here for more than a year and is a registered voter, which I will be in November, you can run for office," Dotcom said.

He has previously tweeted that his policies will include a new submarine cable for New Zealand, fair internet pricing and no more data caps on internet users.

January 20 is the second anniversary of his arrest in New Zealand on US copyright and money-laundering charges relating to his former Megaupload website.

He has since launched a new file-sharing website, Mega.com.

New Zealand will have a general election in 2014.