• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

High Court rules in favour of SMRT, LTA in Thai teenager's lawsuit

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
3. The fact that after the incident barriers were installed in above ground MRT stations does not speak well for SMRT and LTA.

I have never heard of barriers at train stations in my life. Very few stations in very few countries have them. Waiting for a train is no different from waiting for a bus. You don't put barriers at every bus stop so why would they be needed at train stations.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Train station in Switzerland

sbb-train-station-interlaken-lucerne.jpg

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have never heard of barriers at train stations in my life. Very few stations in very few countries have them. Waiting for a train is no different from waiting for a bus. You don't put barriers at every bus stop so why would they be needed at train stations.

Underground MRT stations have barriers. Crowd control is very basic and even in stations without barriers could be done with MRT personnel at the platform during peak hours. Was there such personnel on the platform at the time of the incident? Closed circuit TV monitoring of station platforms is even more basic and is often an aid to train drivers in determining when to shut the train and barrier doors. You mean Sinkie train drivers have bionic eyes?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Underground MRT stations have barriers. Crowd control is very basic and even in stations without barriers could be done with MRT personnel at the platform during peak hours. Was there such personnel on the platform at the time of the incident? Closed circuit TV monitoring of station platforms is even more basic and is often an aid to train drivers in determining when to shut the train and barrier doors. You mean Sinkie train drivers have bionic eyes?

London Underground...

images

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Train station in Japan

odakyu-60000-mse.jpg

The analogy is false. There is no crowd! And when there is one, I am pretty sure that the railway company will deploy crowd control personnel (who do not hide in ambulances) to ensure that things are under control.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The analogy is false. There is no crowd! And when there is one, I am pretty sure that the railway company will deploy crowd control personnel (who do not hide in ambulances) to ensure that things are under control.

Took the London underground for 2 whole years of my life during the peak hours. Never saw any crowd control personnel.

_46837555_busy_tube.jpg

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Munich subway

Munich_subway_GBR.jpg

Excuse me sir, but this is not a crowded station, so no need at that time to deploy crowd control measures. I am sure you will be able to upload pictures of unruly situations in Third World countries like India or China, but the standard of care expected in SG are much higher since their MiniStars are paid OUT OF THIS WORLD salaries!

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Took the London underground for 2 whole years of my life during the peak hours. Never saw any crowd control personnel.

_46837555_busy_tube.jpg

So have I. Never saw any fake Ah Neh or Ah Tiong "talents" either. The ones they let in are all high quality ones. The low quality ones sneak in illegally and do not want to attract attention to themselves by say pushing and shoving on crowded platforms!