• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A new year means another new high for coffee shop drink prices in Singapore

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cofeetea_stomp.jpg

Thursday, Jan 02, 2014 0 0 0

Stomp contributor Terence laments the annual increase in prices for coffee and tea at coffee shops for the past few years.

He has noticed a price increase of 10 cents for a cup of tea at a coffee shop near the Lion Industrial Building from last year and notes the same trend for previous years.

The Stomp contributor wrote:

"You may have seen for yourself that prices for coffee and tea have been increasing by 10 cents from year to year for the past few years.

"Fruits have also been priced exorbitantly high aside from drinks at coffee shops.

"It occurs to me that there may be a syndicate that manipulates and coordinates prices behind the scenes.

"Will Singaporeans have to pay the price of a cup of Starbucks gourmet coffee for a glass of kopi at any coffee shop in the future?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Singaporeans should thank their lucky stars the coffee there is so cheap.

The minimum price for a decent cup of coffee in Auckland is NZD3.50.

In Sydney it's AUD4 or more.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans should thank their lucky stars the coffee there is so cheap.

The minimum price for a decent cup of coffee in Auckland is NZD3.50.

In Sydney it's AUD4 or more.

Yup!, Yes sir!, every morning I open my eyes I thank Harry Gourd for giving me an affordable living, while OTHER people, pay US$1 for a can of coke from the vending machine, coffee in NZ is NZD3.50 & in Aus is AUD4.00, how can I not be thankful....I praise gourd for such privileges...yes Siree! yes men!

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But local kopi different from oz coffee..so the cost is higher...but kopi in general have better taste than coffee..anyway in oz selling coffee is a dead end biz..coffee pods n the machines r getting cheaper. Just saw a machine for 50aud.. Pods about 50cents each or lower n many r saying not much difference in taste. So coffee pods will be more n more common...gone will b the days of cafes who just depend on coffee for revenue.