• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Secret swimming Manual SOLD to PRC !

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everthing has a price ! I guess !

=========================================================
An Australian swim coach has sparked a storm after admitting selling the training program used by his protege Jessica Schipper for "big money" to the Chinese girl who beat her at the Olympics.

ADVERTISEMENT

Ken Wood sold his top-secret training methods, which transformed Schipper into a world-record breaking 200m butterflyer, to the Chinese coach of Liu Zige, according to News Ltd newspapers in Australia on Sunday.

Previously unknown, Liu came out of nowhere to win gold in the event here and shatter Schipper's world record by 1.22 seconds in the process, leaving the Australian a distant third.

It was only China's third gold since its prime at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, when it won four.

"They pay for the programs," Wood was quoted as saying. "They pay good money, big money. I wouldn't help them for nothing."

Wood denied betraying Schipper, saying he hadn't trained Liu since Australia's Olympic trials in March.

The 78-year-old, in the coaching business for 40 years, did not reveal how much China paid, but reportedly said the poor money he received as an Australian coach forced him to seek work from others.

Woods, who runs a high performance swim school north of Brisbane, offers a program for elite swimmers on stroke technique, weight training, diet and preparation.

Liu has trained at the school three times over the past three years, along with her coach Jin Wei, a former breaststroke expert who has his own swimming club in China's Liaoning province.

Woods admitted he was torn by the sight of Schipper being beaten by Liu, who he calls Lucy because he can't pronounce her name properly.

"I feel bitter-sweet, I do," he said. "Money is one thing, I have to make a living, but Jess is my swimmer, I've brought her through since she was a 12-year-old - and Lucy has beaten her."

Asked if he had cost Schipper a gold medal, Wood replied: "I don't know. I can't answer that. But I wanted Jess to win. My heart is with Jess. I wanted gold for her. I didn't want Lucy to win."

Australian Olympic Committee president John Coates admitted to reporters in Beijing that Australian coaches were low-paid or voluntary and were forced to seek income elsewhere.

But he said that training overseas swimmers should not be seen as unpatriotic.

"We are not a country that can point the finger at poaching," he told Australian Associated Press.

"Remember from the establishment of the AIS (Australian Institute of Sport) in the early 80s, by the time of Sydney 2000, in our Olympic sports we had almost 200 foreign coaches in Australia.

"And that was one of the major reasons that we improved our position."

Coates added though that Australia needed to do more to retain its top coaches, and that a plan would soon be in place to do this.

Liu is not the only Chinese swimmer to train in Australia, with rising star Zhang Lin, who won a 400m freestyle silver here, being aided by Grant Hackett's old coach Denis Cotterell.

Zhang finished seventh in the 1,500m final Sunday, with Hackett second.

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
i doubt a manual can do wonders. like that s'pore with so much $ to spare should buy all the secret manuals and can be world champions

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Paying for coach is not a big deal. No talent but blame coach then she should not even compete. When compete we want to compete with the best to win.
But buying Medal like Singapore is NO NO for me.
Singapore can hire top coach but player must be 100% born Singaporean.
Buying player no transfering skill but hire coach the skill and knowledge will pass to ours own truth citizen.
Look at table tennis women team all player and coach are from China. At least must have put in one real Singaporean player to join the team then it will not be so bad.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yalor , in the martial arts film from HK ! The teacher must find a student with rare talent for martial Arts ! Impart the skills and give him the manuscript of the manual and let him learn.

But anyway , you got to find the right student , for example like MICHEAL PHELPS ! So that you can give him all the right techniques and also talent to grasps the essence.

But singapore , import alll the mayh be 2nd and 3 rate student and coach and pretend that they have found the POTENT mix to be in power.

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
i guess if the swimmer is that good, y would he/she want to migrate and represent s'pore? he/she would rather rep his own country. only those like li jiawei who CMI in china will come here

redname

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, all tis means is tht the china swimmer is better than the ausie one lor.

both trained using same method, same coach, so no advantage on either side. the diff is jus the swimmer gd or not now

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, all tis means is tht the china swimmer is better than the ausie one lor.

both trained using same method, same coach, so no advantage on either side. the diff is jus the swimmer gd or not now

either that or he's on drugs

silverspoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
i read somewhere that our tennis player are paid a basic salary of 5k per month siaaaaa. Plus all the allowances and winnings.....they can easily get 200k per year....wow

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many good sportman in the world, gov. don't give salary. Many of then get sponsor or income from winning and advertising. Some do coaching at thiers own time.
For them no wining no food on the table. Where in Singapore no wining there is Ah Kong money every month that why you can see many Singapore sportman is fat compare the China.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
good grief.....if itz true they r paid a basic of $5000 a month....itz much more than the basic salary of ordinary white collar workers......they should not b getting the silver medal bonus of $750K......give it back 2 the taxpayer & those who paid 4 gst charges......

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Michael Phelps was saying that all he does is eat, sleep and train. :p

If Michael Phelps was a SINGAPOREAN, NS would have killed his chances or delayed his chances or even completely destroy his talents.

NS IS KILLING SINGAPORE..:wink:

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
good grief.....if itz true they r paid a basic of $5000 a month....itz much more than the basic salary of ordinary white collar workers......they should not b getting the silver medal bonus of $750K......give it back 2 the taxpayer & those who paid 4 gst charges......

governemnt not stupid lah, give them 750k, IRAS tax them at 21% or so i think, at end only get $600k. divide by 3 of them each only 200k. not very much for a world class player..