• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Migrating to Melbourne soon--need some advise!!!

sinchapore23

Hi
Iam a Singaporean based in Dubai and got my OZ pr and would soon migrate to melbourne. Anyone who can advise on the following:

a) Heard melbourne weather is bad.(only been to sydney twice)
b) any property lobang? good location n value for money?
d) some info about williams landing, point cook, tylor's hill and syenham water garden near tullamarine. which one of this area is good to invest?

Appreciate your sincere contribution to this thread.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Hi
Iam a Singaporean based in Dubai and got my OZ pr and would soon migrate to melbourne. Anyone who can advise on the following:

d) some info about williams landing, point cook, tylor's hill and syenham water garden near tullamarine. which one of this area is good to invest?

a) Melbourne's weather isn't bad. It's just variable.

b)I have lost touch with the property market in Australia but if you're in it for the long term, it will definitely appreciate over time and more so in the good areas.

c) Where is your question "c".

d) Can't answer that. Leave it to someone who has a more intimate knowledge of the Melbourne real estate market.

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Its "advice", not advise.. noun, not the verb :biggrin:

In response to your questions:

a) People live in melbourne for the weather! We like the unpredictability of it. The only bad factor is the over 35 degrees heat in summer, and the flies buzzing around you in summer.
In Winter it can get down to 0 degrees at night. Summer it get go up to 40plus degrees during the day. For more weather information refer to www.bom.gov.au

b) Affordable location would be in the western suburbs (Point Cook, Werribee, etc) or in the outer south east (Berwick, Narre Warren, etc) for about 300k plus houses. Choosing the suburb to live would depends on where you work. You don't want to live in the west if you are working in the southeastern suburbs.

Refer to www.realestate.com.au or www.domain.com.au for property listings.

c) I would say all are decent investment opportunities as they are new suburbs. Once the infrastructure is up to support these suburbs (roads, shopping malls, etc), the prices will only go up. Just don't invest in apartments. Always better in invest in the land than the house on it.

Let me know if you've got other questions. I'm sure other melb bros can contribute to this thread as well :smile:

Hi

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

Bro, good location will never be value-for-money for ordinary folks. I've bought a property under 1 mil during 2009 & everyone's laughing i over paid the price in a Chinese area closed to the city. 4 yrs passed, the property is sitting at under 2mil. 100% capital growth in just 4 yrs! Those ppl stop laughing. Lol

Do you seriously think that Properties advertised heavily overseas are highly in demand? Ppties sell like hot cakes, dont bother to travel overseas, setup conference, provide drinks and seminars to educate farmers. These are "dirt" to the locals or oversupply in nature that needs to be filled asap.

Good luck to your new adventure :wink:

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro, good location will never be value-for-money for ordinary folks. I've bought a property under 1 mil during 2009 & everyone's laughing i over paid the price in a Chinese area closed to the city. 4 yrs passed, the property is sitting at under 2mil. 100% capital growth in just 4 yrs! Those ppl stop laughing. Lol

Do you seriously think that Properties advertised heavily overseas are highly in demand? Ppties sell like hot cakes, dont bother to travel overseas, setup conference, provide drinks and seminars to educate farmers. These are "dirt" to the locals or oversupply in nature that needs to be filled asap.

Good luck to your new adventure :wink:

Totally agreed.. :biggrin:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
So Australia properties marketed in Singapore are no good? eg the Altus @ Docklands Melbourne?

What's good in your eyes may not be good in the locals eyes. You will get to see it after 3-5 yrs of near zero capital growth. Lol.. But rental yield is not bad. It is like buying a stock for 5 yrs with no growth.. But collecting dividends - less body corporate, council, insurance, repairs, agency fee.. In the end, LPPL, you are still as poor as before. When half baked investors tell me capital growth is not important, bcoz they are buying to stay or to rent, my toes laugh.. Lol.

Your seeds gotto be planted on a good soil. If you dont hv good soil, you harvest nothing.
To find a good tree (learn from it), you have to find out how much fruits it harvest... Some HDBs investors tell you they are good, you better run ! Haha

Last edited: