• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore in 14th century

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
really meh ?

i thought S'pore didn't even exist until Lee KILL You reclaimed it from the sea..................single-handedly..................

Last edited:

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
really meh ?

i thought S'pore didn't even exist until Lee KILL You reclaimed it from the sea..................single-handedly..................

Still waiting for Leongsam to tell me I a twit and Singapore nothing but fishing village and swamps until smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY came bringing with him the sun rising in the East and rains that fall and flowers that bloom and who rescued him from shitting into a steel shit bucket with 50 Bangla families

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the word Singapore was coined by Lee Kuan Yew.
It was Lee Kuan Yew who coined the word Singapore and Lee Kuan Yew also composed Majulah Singapore national anthem for Singaporeans.

Our grand leader Lee Kuan Yew is a multi talent magician as he can turn everything into reality out of nothing.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Still waiting for Leongsam to tell me I a twit and Singapore nothing but fishing village and swamps until smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY came bringing with him the sun rising in the East and rains that fall and flowers that bloom and who rescued him from shitting into a steel shit bucket with 50 Bangla families

leave him alone lah!! he is happily grazing with the sheep like "also ran" horses sent there to spend the last days.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Singapore may have thrived in the 14th century but by the time my grandparents arrived in Singapore, all that was left was swampland and a few fishing villages.

I should know because I grew up in Singapore and used to cycle all over the Island.

Apart from the areas which were occupied by the Ang Mohs, the rest of the country was in ruins.

LKY changed all that. He turned the whole Island into a modern metropolis. I am forever grateful to LKY for his leadership and foresight.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore may have thrived in the 14th century but by the time my grandparents arrived in Singapore, all that was left was swampland and a few fishing villages.

I should know because I grew up in Singapore and used to cycle all over the Island.

Apart from the areas which were occupied by the Ang Mohs, the rest of the country was in ruins.

LKY changed all that. He turned the whole Island into a modern metropolis. I am forever grateful to LKY for his leadership and foresight.

Well said.

I will up your points

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was Lee Kuan Yew who coined the word Singapore and Lee Kuan Yew also composed Majulah Singapore national anthem for Singaporeans.

Our grand leader Lee Kuan Yew is a multi talent magician as he can turn everything into reality out of nothing.

Smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY will claim the credit for anything and everything.

Who been fucking that ugly gecko producing those spawns can be anybody. But LKY claiming the credit.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't remember the text, but I have read somewhere that there was already a chinese settlement in Bukit Timan when Raffles landed. Apparently they were growing durians. However there must have been a lot more activity in Peesai in the ancient days. Sentosa was a pirate hideout and Temasek's location has always been a stopover destination for east-west voyages. But for present time education, civilization here started after lau Lee came into power.

Cheers!

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

at one time or another, london, paris and new york were swamps.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

in fact, LKY travelled back in time to rid S'pore of all dinosaurs so that people can stay there hor....................

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can't remember the text, but I have read somewhere that there was already a chinese settlement in Bukit Timan when Raffles landed. Apparently they were growing durians.

Cheers!
It's Gambia.... not durian.....Gambier (U. gambir) is used in Indonesia for chewing with areca and betel, for tanning, and for dyeing. It contains many flavan-3-ols (catechins) which are known to have many medicinal properties and are components of Chinese herbal remedies and certain modern medicines.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

he grow from a magician to superstitious leader...and today he is the world highest paid fortune teller.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One simple song to debunk the BS of LKY's overexaggerated achievements.

[video=youtube;xpEGTSed1lI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpEGTSed1lI[/video]

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he grow from a magician to superstitious leader...and today he is the world highest paid fortune teller.

Smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY was never ever a leader.
Now he is waiting and fearful of his impending long painful and agonising death with demons and ghouls all waiting.

And he die knowing he condemned his entire family to death by hooting by the greedy selfish self seving bastards with no moral compasses that he packed his PAP with.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why didn't admiral zhenghe harbor his fleet and disembark in temasick but instead sail on to melaka in 1421? because it was insignifcant and an extremely small fishing village. :p

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for enlightening me to this. So it was this plant and not durian eh? I did a net search on this gambir plant and saw that it was used in chinese herbal treatment and is also called cat's claw. Any idea on what the local name was?

Cheers!

It's Gambia.... not durian.....Gambier (U. gambir) is used in Indonesia for chewing with areca and betel, for tanning, and for dyeing. It contains many flavan-3-ols (catechins) which are known to have many medicinal properties and are components of Chinese herbal remedies and certain modern medicines.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
why didn't admiral zhenghe harbor his fleet and disembark in temasick but instead sail on to melaka in 1421? because it was insignifcant and an extremely small fishing village. :p

Singapore was of no significance whatsoever before LKY transformed it from swampland to miracle island which now produces more millionaires per capita than any other country on earth.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pleaz lah!
1421was in the 15th century.

We talk you of the 14th century, which meant the century which ended with 1400.
As in that article,

TO THOSE who know Singapore as a thriving modern city,
relentlessly striving towards the futuristic, it is something of a shock to learn that
“Singapore’s golden age came to an abrupt end just before 1400.”

1421 was after 1400. And reverted to an extremely small fishing village and insignificant.
Which was why Admiral Cheng Ho went to Malacca instead.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chinese mindset wasn't to settle and colonize, they were interested in trading only. The "privateers" among the Chinese who left the motherland and settled elsewhere must have been unhappy with their situation in the homeland and took the risk to go somewhere else for a better life. There is an interesting book entitled "Sons of the Yellow Emperor" tracing the Chinese diaspora out of China (can't remember the author's name, a Chinese girl born in Borneo and settle in London.) ChengHe's naval expeditions were expensive and the court cut expenses in order to concentrate on the Great Wall as his early expeditions proved that there were no "civilized peoples" to trade with as far a the Cape of Good Hope in South Africa. Those days under wind power, it was a long way off already. Oz would have been closer, but they never made it there as well.

Cheers!

Cheers!