• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How To Improve TV Reception ? Use SCV Outlet Or Old Antenna Outlet At The Wall ?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so finally got a new 39'' Full-HD LED TV and since the broadcast is Standard Definition, the picture quality even on 4:3 aspect ratio is quite blur compared to old CRT.........:(

the CRT was also connected to the SCV outlet...........wonder if the old antenna outlet at the wall still works ?:confused:

anyway, invested in the best Daiyo antenna cable i could find and the picture improved a bit........connected the TV to a AC powerline filter also helped...........but still picture not satisfactory...........:(

so should i call the SCV people to take a look...............or should i buy another better antenna cable (maybe Belden)......or should i try at the old antenna outlet at the wall...............?

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mediacrap broadcast free to air both HD and Standard Definition.
SD is analog for older TV set.
HD for newer set that can decode HD broadcast.
Antenna no need digital or special one.
Many can receive HD with cable not even plugged to any aerial.
Set your TV to auto-tuning.
HD TV will pick up HD CH 5, 8, CNA (channel 805 and others) and store them first before going on to find SD version channel 5, 8 CNA and others including MY and Indon channels.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so finally got a new 39'' Full-HD LED TV and since the broadcast is Standard Definition, the picture quality even on 4:3 aspect ratio is quite blur compared to old CRT.........:(

the CRT was also connected to the SCV outlet...........wonder if the old antenna outlet at the wall still works ?:confused:

anyway, invested in the best Daiyo antenna cable i could find and the picture improved a bit........connected the TV to a AC powerline filter also helped...........but still picture not satisfactory...........:(

so should i call the SCV people to take a look...............or should i buy another better antenna cable (maybe Belden)......or should i try at the old antenna outlet at the wall...............?

They are going to remove over the air broadcast soon.....

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
you get full HD worse

mediacorp 8 only on standard res
so your TV has to 'enlarge' the image 4 times and strectch
so become blur

wat brand TV you buy
if u buy a china TV
they may not include a digital to analog cpnverter in the TV
so image quality is poor

check your TV setting
turn off motion enhancement. if any

your TV only good for playing very HD blue ray disc

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3O4wmY0sdi4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mediacrap broadcast free to air both HD and Standard Definition.
SD is analog for older TV set.
HD for newer set that can decode HD broadcast.
Antenna no need digital or special one.
Many can receive HD with cable not even plugged to any aerial.
Set your TV to auto-tuning.
HD TV will pick up HD CH 5, 8, CNA (channel 805 and others) and store them first before going on to find SD version channel 5, 8 CNA and others including MY and Indon channels.

my TV got no digital tuner........anyway, MDA switching to DVB-T2 broadcast in December so almost all current digital tuners will be obsolete.......that's why i never bother with getting a tv with digital tuner.

i thought only some Ch5 programmes is broadcast in HD while all other channels are still Standard Definition ?

i know connecting to SCV point can't get HD..............so will connecting to old antenna outlet at the wall (to the aerial on rooftop) can improve reception ?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i know connecting to SCV point can't get HD..............so will connecting to old antenna outlet at the wall (to the aerial on rooftop) can improve reception ?

That will depend on how strong your powerline is. I mean the left and the right powerline.