• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sam will agree to this statement. Handout to poor people are not the solution.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Sam will agree with this guy. That handouts to poor people do not help them at all.

Plwi72w.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
All I'm doing is speaking the truth about "helping the poor".

You cannot help the poor by giving them money. If giving the poor money solved problems, Africa would be a very rich continent by now.

Billions and billions have been poured in by well meaning philanthropists and governments over the years and all to no avail.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hence I said you will agree with the statement. So, what do you think should be the solution for social equality if hand outs are not?

All I'm doing is speaking the truth about "helping the poor".

You cannot help the poor by giving them money. If giving the poor money solved problems, Africa would be a very rich continent by now.

Billions and billions have been poured in by well meaning philanthropists and governments over the years and all to no avail.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Hence I said you will agree with the statement. So, what do you think should be the solution for social equality if hand outs are not?

"Social equality" is a piped dream. People aren't equal. Genetic diversity dictates that this will never be the case.

BTW that's Gerry Harvey of "Harvey Norman" fame so if you don't like his opinions, you can always boycott his stores. :p

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
good. let's give all the charity money to to real middle class jobbers: doctors, engineers, scientists. people who have real useful skills. who are are frequently replaced by 4th rate fake degree holders. and being stepped on by businessboys who inheirit all their wealth . and bankers who sell worthless stocks like CDOs also must whack! force all those useless skill-less middlemen and elite shitfloaters to donate to middle-classes.

and we should also eat the babies of retarded inbred elitist. damn i swaer all inbred albinos are all ugly and stoopid, man!

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Charity are meant for people who really need them and not lazy sinkees who just spend their time complaining.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would agree to having minimum standards of living like not having to go hungry, decent housing and proper education for the children.

The first issue is to define what those minimum standards should be. That is the easy part. The difficult part is defining who qualifies for assistance, how much assistance should be given in each case and how to ensure the assistance is not abused. You need to spend quite a fair bit to implement the difficult portion. Most SGreans would balk at the cost of implementing a social welfare scheme and would rather take the easy and cheaper way out by turning a blind eye to the problem. I am not implying taking the easy way out is wrong but it does mean that society will not be cohesive. It all depends on the values of society.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is Social Justice About Equality or Equity? - Part 1

The goal of some in the social justice discussion is for people to be equal. What does this mean and what does it entail?

The U.S. Declaration of Independence sets the high water mark for any civilization: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

First note that we are equal, not because we are the same, but because we are created by God. Young or old, male or female, black or white, rich or poor, healthy or infirmed, to be human is to be made in the image of God. This fact establishes that before God and our fellow man, each person has dignity and honor and is due respect from their neighbors and society. Being made in the image of God, each person has certain rights granted by God, unalienable rights – they cannot be conferred nor taken away by the state or any human being or institution. These rights include the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (and happiness is found when we live within the framework of the laws of liberty, established at the creation of the world).

But, aside from equality in dignity and worth, human beings are not born the same. The law of individuality makes it clear that every human is unique – one of a kind. In*billions of snowflakes,*no two are alike. So also, no two human beings are alike. Even identical twins are not truly identical.

Some people were made to play basketball. I can hardly dribble. Some have been born to sing opera; I only sing in the shower. We are tall and short, male and female, brown and black, gifted in languages, math, science, music and the arts, sports and oratory. From a myriad of possibilities, each person is made one of a kind. God loves diversity.

Human beings are equal and diverse at the same time. Human beings like the Godhead, have unity without uniformity and diversity without superiority.

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is Social Justice About Equality or Equity? - Part 2

Equality and equity are very different.

Equity assumes the diverse, unique individuality of each person. While people are different, they are to be treated equally before the law; they are treated fairly. The uniqueness or diversity of people is a cause for celebration, not discrimination. Equity means equal rights and responsibilities and equality before the law, for all citizens. This is a product of freedom.* The goal is equity among diverse peoples.

Equality, in contrast, assumes sameness, uniformity, interchangeability. Some advocate for an equal starting place – a level playing field for every citizen; *others argue for equal outcomes – everyone has the same in the end. The uniqueness of individuals is often despised. The goal of equality is to make diverse people all the same.

It’s easy to see the absurdity of this philosophy. Equality means I should be put on the starting line-up of the Los Angeles Lakers. And, at the end of the season, my team should have the same win-loss record as all the other teams in the league.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is Social Justice About Equality or Equity? - Part 3

Equality, pushed to its natural conclusion, would divide an insulin dose equally between a healthy child and the diabetic child. Equity, on the other hand, gives the diabetic child all the insulin.

Because people are born unique, there will always be diverse starting places and outcomes. The only alternative is tyranny, as C.S. Lewis imagines a demon’s instruction in*Screwtape Proposes a Toast:

The moral is plain.* Allow no preeminence among your subjects. Let no man live who is wiser or better or more famous or even handsomer than the mass. Cut them all down to a level: all slaves, all ciphers, and all nobodies. All equals.

This was the outcome of the Communist experiment in the Soviet Union and China and the direction of all utopian experiments. People dressed the same, acted the same, and thought the same under penalty of death for any deviation.

Equity seeks fairness for diverse people, equality seeks numerically equal outcomes for different people. Equality, in the sense of similar outcomes, contradicts the basic concept of individuality and human uniqueness. All humans equal before the law leads to freedom, while material equality of outcome promotes tyranny.

Social justice as God intended seeks equity, not equality, for her citizens.

http://darrowmillerandfriends.com/2012/02/02/the-goal-of-social-justice-equality-or-equity/

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Charity are meant for people who really need them and not lazy sinkees who just spend their time complaining.

Democracy is meant for human beings who has the balls to protest and throw out the fucked up government and not for low life coward ball-less sinkies who just spend their time complaining daily how painful their ass are after being screwed by their own government.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Democracy is meant for human beings who has the balls to protest and throw out the fucked up government and not for low life coward ball-less sinkies who just spend their time complaining daily how painful their ass are after being screwed by their own government.

Chump so what are you doing? KPKBing behind your PC again?

Chump, you dare not even utter a single word to your 46.75% majority Government and you still dare to talk big here?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tonychat CB Kia is the typical PAP agent provocateur.. Instigate people to riot and protest in the name of democracy but he shake balls behind his PC and do daily FR to his Masters..

After that would accuse Oppos who made fun of him as being PAP IBs to achieve his aim of eliminating dissent..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree. When cheebye kias like tonychat abuse the welfare system , they end up at home typing shit on their laptops.

Funny thing is, CB Kias like Tonychat think they are great intellectuals but they don't realise the fact that they are actually funny clowns.. LOL..LOL..