• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

K pop girl group wins at YouTube awards

Charisma

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

K pop girl group wins at YouTube awards

AAP
November 4, 2013, 12:24 pm

snsd+flower+power+album+cover.jpg

You may never have heard of Girls Generation, but they have beaten Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, One Direction, Lady Gaga, Psy, Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovado to win the YouTube Music Awards' Video of the Year for their song I Got A Boy.

Girls Generation is a South Korean girl group formed by S M Entertainment in 2007. The nine-member group comprises Taeyeon, Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona and Seohyun.

Their look and sound are pretty and preppy: short skirts, big smiles, jazz hands and that irresistible K Pop sound. Girls Generation are huge in Korea and Japan - so huge that Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus must envy their album sales.

In 2009 the group's hit single Gee was named South Korea's Song of the Decade.

Even so, their win in the inaugural YouTube Music Awards, held in New York on Sunday evening, surprised many.

The awards were based on YouTube data (including "shares", "like" and "most watched") from the past 12 months.

Eminem won Artist of the Year, beating Psy, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, the Epic Rap Battles of History duo (Peter Skukoff and Lloyd Ahlquist), Taylor Swift, One Direction, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis.

Miley Cyrus was notably missing from the Artist of the Year nominees.

A clip of Girls Generation collecting their award was up on the internet as a "gif" (graphic interchange format) within minutes of it occurring.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of my favorites!

[video=youtube;tXZWudcVzEg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXZWudcVzEg&list=PLbpi6ZahtOH7Wtwnq0B_ov8UitLqU2YOj[/video]

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eminem won Artist of the Year, beating Psy, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, the Epic Rap Battles of History duo (Peter Skukoff and Lloyd Ahlquist), Taylor Swift, One Direction, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis.
:cool::cool::cool:

kpop girl group, i only know they tend to be seductive to attract viewers.:biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
didnt you once said you dont support the idea of people crazy about artificial idol group? now you like T-ara?:oIo::biggrin:

Apart from the looney fat guy who has his own trademark, I hate K pop.