• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A timely reminder...

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
good to note that Civil Servants are supposed to serve the Republic of Singapore and her Citizens, and to be non-partisan, serving not any single political party.

it's also good to note that the Government at helm can be made up of any political party that has garnered the support from the Citizens of our Republic. if the true bosses of the Civil Servants are the Republic and her Citizens, then the Government at helm is merely akin to a steward, or a supervisor at most.

last but not least, you folks are paid by Tax-payers' money, not by any political party. so keep this gentle reminder in mind.

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem with a non changing single party democracy is that their civil servants, armed forces et al have forgotten the word non partisan since they never served another master.

Be prepared for some upheavals when the PAP is toppled. That is the best one can do.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair, some of the actions carried out might not have been sanctioned by those in the top PAP leadership. Often we have ambitious civil servants who are also in the grassroots organisation. To try further their own personal careers, they try to "score points" and abuse the powers of their office. There should be a clear message sent to such civil servants that such behaviour is unacceptable. If the PAP turns a blind eye to such behaviour, then it is an open invitation to all civil servants that it is ok to leverage on their office for personal benefit.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
To be fair, some of the actions carried out might not have been sanctioned by those in the top PAP leadership. Often we have ambitious civil servants who are also in the grassroots organisation. To try further their own personal careers, they try to "score points" and abuse the powers of their office. There should be a clear message sent to such civil servants that such behaviour is unacceptable. If the PAP turns a blind eye to such behaviour, then it is an open invitation to all civil servants that it is ok to leverage on their office for personal benefit.

seems plausible and we cannot discount the fact that there may be folks like that in the Civil Service. then again, we need facts and evidences to nail these buggers, if they exist.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
often a time i hear people saying that Civil Servants must vote for the ruling party aka the PAP, and i would like to take this opportunity to dismiss these erroneous views.

we must look at facts from the empirical vantage point and come to realize that

1. during the G.E. the Parliament is dissolve and what remains are the Constitution, the Republic and her Ministries.

2. no political party can claim to be the ruling party and henceforth there are NO political masters from the time Parliament is dissolved till the next ruling party is freely elected.

3. at any free election, any political party that has garnered the most votes would stand as the next ruling party.

4. at the point of voting, Civil Servants can and freely choose who they want for the next batch of steward at the helm.

last but not least, Civil Servants should remember that their true masters are the Constitution, the Republic and her Citizens.

ps: even the so called "stewards at helm" are also Civil Servants who are paid by the tax-payers ok?

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
last but not least, you folks are paid by Tax-payers' money, not by any political party. so keep this gentle reminder in mind.

The money may come from the taxpayer but it's the PAP that controls the purse strings.

Humans aren't stupid. They know instinctively who they're beholden to.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The money may come from the taxpayer but it's the PAP that controls the purse strings.

the money is controlled by the Government which can be formed by ANY political party capable of garnering enough votes in the GE.

i'm looking forward to a Swiss Standard of living with the prospect of a coalition government :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
here's a timely reminder, on a yearly basis.
B.E lai liao!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
hahaha...i was a civil servant for many years....
i can categorically state here that at no time, i have been coerced in any way by my superiors to vote for papees.......so all these talks are BS.
also only the most kuku pple still believe that your votes are not secret.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remember your french chef civil servant, your district judge who took a virginity of student while being married with daughter, your Palmer man, your CNB and SCDF womanizers, your public funds is PAP company funds Baey, your teleporter Judge, your Suzhou money losing woman MP, your immortal Chong, your Brompton civil servants, your affordable Khaw, Nassim Lee and Lee, MND reviewing itself after black marking AHTC, failed population secretariat and SDN with questionable public spending, MINDEF negligience, Lee the grandson who ask his Mindef minister to fuck people he no like in SAF, MP who say nothing in Wee Shumin kicking balls and saying she is a god (She is working in a PR company in USA), some vivian who ponds and spends Youth Olympics public money like water, SMRT great Lui, TCJ of happy employment practice for our foreign slaves, Sheetoh who says CST too cheap in running TC, Kate Spade, Mas Selamat, money making MBT, Durai and the gold tap, the isd SISTERS in shit times, the taxpayer money exporting IE Singapore, the second tax agency CPF, the Economic Destruction Board, the not clean and green NEA, man.... the list goes on.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
i can categorically state here that at no time, i have been coerced in any way by my superiors to vote for the papees

kuku, did i state that civil servants are coerced to vote for the PAP? you have trouble comprehending post #10? anyway, it's time for a lil' reminder!