• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Please recommend a good GP in Perth.

MenghidupKehadapan

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife has been sick for over a week with high fever and sore throat but not enough to get hospitalised.

The GP we usually visit seems to be stumped and would just offer her advice and antibiotics that don't seem to kick in.

Anyone here can recommend one that is good?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With problems like that,,better to go see a chinese physician,,,google it,,there are a few in perth

My wife has been sick for over a week with high fever and sore throat but not enough to get hospitalised.

The GP we usually visit seems to be stumped and would just offer her advice and antibiotics that don't seem to kick in.

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Go to another GP for another opinion. Might need a different antibiotics for a different strain of bacterial infection.

Also, alternate use between Nurofen & Paracetamol for high fever.. works for my kids when the paracetamol just doesn't do much..

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With fever on and off, western medicine in general cant really 'cure'. Especially oz weather damn harsh..hot today cool later and all that crap..so to me Chinese Med is more suited,,but just my rants lah

Go to another GP for another opinion. Might need a different antibiotics for a different strain of bacterial infection.

Also, alternate use between Nurofen & Paracetamol for high fever.. works for my kids when the paracetamol just doesn't do much..

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Try this Australian Government free service.

healthdirect Australia is a 24-hour telephone health advice line. If you have a health concern and you’re not sure what to do, simply call 1800 022 222 and speak with a registered nurse. You’ll get fast, expert advice about any health issue, helping you make an informed decision about how to manage it.

Who can use healthdirect Australia?

If you’re worried about your own health, or the health of a friend or relative, you can call healthdirect Australia at any time of the day or night, no matter where you are in Australia. It’s ideal if someone gets sick or has an accident, and you’re not sure whether you need to go to hospital.

This service is not designed to replace your GP or the Triple Zero (000) emergency service, and does not provide any diagnosis – only advice.

healthdirect Australia is available throughout the ACT, NSW, the Northern Territory, South Australia, Tasmania and Western Australia.

Also this,

http://www.healthdirect.org.au/service/after-hours-gp-helpline

gplogo.png

If you need an interpreter, call TIS National on 131 450 and ask to be transferred to healthdirect Australia.

The after hours GP helpline is an extension of healthdirect Australia. Based on the caller’s symptoms the registered nurse can transfer the caller to the after hours GP.

I do not understand, high fever is enough to justify an Emergency.
Ask the GP to recommend another doctor.

It is hay fever season and Perth has the highest pollen count in the world.

Antibiotics may not be the solution. Usually prescribed in Singapore because a doctor is no good if he does not prescribe antibiotics.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With fever on and off, western medicine in general cant really 'cure'. Especially oz weather damn harsh..hot today cool later and all that crap..so to me Chinese Med is more suited,,but just my rants lah

For TCM, try Catching Young. Subsidized by private health fund.

http://catchingyoung.com.au/

Perth weather can be quite harsh in summer and winter, at least it is not humid like Japan. It is good to observe what the REAL locals do. At least it is not as bad as some of the Mediterranean countries.

Last edited: