• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to migrate legally after NS?

rotijohn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey everyone,

Firstly, sorry for my bad English. I would like to know how do I legally migrate overseas after completing my 2 years of Full Time National Service (ORD) ? As in, I have not started on Reservists yet and all those, just ORDed from the 2 years of NS. And what are the criterias to do so? Also, planning to marry my long term girlfriend from Europe too, and I think that is also one good way of getting a PR status in her country.

Thanks people!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Hey everyone,

Firstly, sorry for my bad English. I would like to know how do I legally migrate overseas after completing my 2 years of Full Time National Service (ORD) ? As in, I have not started on Reservists yet and all those, just ORDed from the 2 years of NS. And what are the criterias to do so? Also, planning to marry my long term girlfriend from Europe too, and I think that is also one good way of getting a PR status in her country.

Thanks people!

Get an exit permit to leave the country legally. The exit permit can be renewed periodically while you are in the process of gaining PR.

Once you get your PR, just write to MINDEF and tell them that you have emigrated.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also, planning to marry my long term girlfriend from Europe too, and I think that is also one good way of getting a PR status in her country.

Thanks people!

There's your passport to another country - your future wife. So, be super duper nice to her. :biggrin:

rotijohn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get an exit permit to leave the country legally. The exit permit can be renewed periodically while you are in the process of gaining PR.

Once you get your PR, just write to MINDEF and tell them that you have emigrated.

So I can "skip" reservist totally by doing this method?

rotijohn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup as long as you have a valid exit permit, you don't have to do any reservist training.

Ok so here is the scenario. Just say, I just got married while in overseas, can I apply exit permit while i'm already in overseas as a "holiday status"?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Ok so here is the scenario. Just say, I just got married while in overseas, can I apply exit permit while i'm already in overseas as a "holiday status"?

Email Mindef and tell them what has happened and that you won't be returning for a long time.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What does the 3 pointers mean? Complete 2 years of NSF and 1 ICT reservist is the minimum criteria to renounce?

when you finish your fulltime ns obligations, reach 21, and have secured citizenship in another cuntry, it's good enough to renounce.