• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A very expensive €100m Bench warmer

jw5

Loyal
Jury is still out.
He has an injury, and Di Maria is in good form.
He will be very useful when he's fit and Ronaldo or Di Maria are injured.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jury is still out.
He has an injury, and Di Maria is in good form.
He will be very useful when he's fit and Ronaldo or Di Maria are injured.

Maybe so, but when I look at Mesut Özil and see how he's transformed the whole Arsenal side with his presence, I have to say they got a real bargain for £42m.
Bale and Özil have had very contrasting starts with their new clubs and I suspect Bale doesn't want to follow in the footsteps of Michael Owen at RM.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Maybe so, but when I look at Mesut Özil and see how he's transformed the whole Arsenal side with his presence, I have to say they got a real bargain for £42m.
Bale and Özil have had very contrasting starts with their new clubs and I suspect Bale doesn't want to follow in the footsteps of Michael Owen at RM.

Real needed the funds, since they didn't buy only Bale, but also Isco and Illaramendi.
Probably thought Ozil was dispensable once Isco came in.
Still early days for Bale, but Real as a team better buck up. Atletico Madrid with much fewer stars beat them 1-0, if Real are not careful, they might not even finish second. They will of course finish at least third, such is the spanish league currently.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't forget in 2004 there was Jonathan Woodgate too at the Bernabeu..

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he is a question mark...maybe he is feeling strain already from his hefty price tag. give him a while....real madrid is doing fine with him warming the bench so why change something that ain't broken...unlike ahem...Man Utd who is also having talents warming bench but not doing so well.