• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

US President ignored Chee's open letter.

A

Alu862

I cannot help but correct your post.

The shoe thrower is a great measurement of Bush's 'success'. Please do not equate Bush with America. They are 2 different entities.

The economy has always face one crisis after the other. Global warming has been going on for ages now. These threats you mentioned are nothing new. So what's your point?

Your one track simple mind seems to think every thing is fine in a democracy. America and the west and fine examples of democracy promoters--invading other countries as they like, installing puppet regimes.

Even Plato said that democracy is not the best kind of government. Go have fun with biased people like Fukuyama whose ides created this crisis.

A

Alu862

Who is this Ellen Bork?
Just another arse-hole as far as one can see fr her writing.
All these talk about human rights.
She sh be talking US using torture in Guatanamo on those people captured and kept there. What happened to human rights there?:rolleyes:

Exactly. Why isn't Bush tried for war crimes? Is killing people in Iraq different from mass murder in Kosovo?

A

Alu862

http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/foreign_policy/

No where do I see Obama stating the push of democracy in Singapore.

http://www.state.gov/

No a single mention of Singapore in the daily press briefings since Clintojn took office. Her first visit is likely to be Japan NOT Singapore.

If you wanted the US (the "great democracy promoter") to act on Singapore you should have rooted for McCain to win. McCain and his dumb wit Palin wanted to establish a "League of Democracies".

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
who cares abt sg? its just an insignificant tiny island that many ang mohs think is part of china or thailand

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly. Why isn't Bush tried for war crimes? Is killing people in Iraq different from mass murder in Kosovo?

No. not really. There's no difference. The only thing is that as long as Bush stays in America, he will face no trial. Obama's not interested in trying him because of the culture and the political impact. He's only gonna waste his hard-earned political capital that he worked so hard over 4 years to get.

I don't know about what trials will Bush have to face, or what lawsuits Bush opponents will file outside of the US, but because the US has the common law system, Europeans in countries that use european law system, they will face difficulties in enforcing the judge's decisions in the US court system.

And even if its a civil suit, I doubt Bush has to pay a cent. The only thing Bush has to worry is that he probably needs to appeal to Obama to rescind the new law that the Secret Service can only protect ex-Presidents(from Bush Jr onwards) for a maximum of 10 years. With so many enemies Bush has created in 8 years, he probably needs the lifetime protection of the Secret Service. Because he won't be facing a shoe if he travels to the Middle East. He'd face much worse.

A

Alu862

Americans protect their own. Americans will still protect their own interests and thus will most definitely not invade an island north of the equator, unless what Chee hopes.

No. not really. There's no difference. The only thing is that as long as Bush stays in America, he will face no trial. Obama's not interested in trying him because of the culture and the political impact. He's only gonna waste his hard-earned political capital that he worked so hard over 4 years to get.

I don't know about what trials will Bush have to face, or what lawsuits Bush opponents will file outside of the US, but because the US has the common law system, Europeans in countries that use european law system, they will face difficulties in enforcing the judge's decisions in the US court system.

And even if its a civil suit, I doubt Bush has to pay a cent. The only thing Bush has to worry is that he probably needs to appeal to Obama to rescind the new law that the Secret Service can only protect ex-Presidents(from Bush Jr onwards) for a maximum of 10 years. With so many enemies Bush has created in 8 years, he probably needs the lifetime protection of the Secret Service. Because he won't be facing a shoe if he travels to the Middle East. He'd face much worse.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Americans protect their own. Americans will still protect their own interests and thus will most definitely not invade an island north of the equator, unless what Chee hopes.

Dr. Chee just wants Obama's attention. I doubt Dr. Chee actually supports the Iraqi invasion also, because he's from the liberal wing, from the political left. And most liberals didn't support the invasion.

As a sidenote, I didn't support the invasion, not because I'm liberal, but because I know Osama had no dealings with Saddam Hussein(because they hated each other),and hence no involvement in 9/11 , and the invasion was a geopolitical mistake.

It served no purpose, and also, one cannot impose democracy, because democracy is not a political system one can impose. Democracy is a system that has to be nurtured, created, in a natural way over a period of time. To "impose democracy" on a country that has only experienced autocracy for many years is to deliver a kick on the balls of democracy.

So there must be a transition period, and the transformation will take years, and some form of sacrifice on everyone. But this sacrifice shouldn't come in the form of chaos, politically or socially.