• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Imported Ping-pong girls and LHL bring shame to local singaporeans !

Q

Qinhuang

Even the so-called PM of singapor has to delay his ND speech to accomodate the mass stupidity!
If the PAP establishment and its cronies and hatchet people are serious to nurture the local sports talents, there are many ways to train the locals to win medals.

PAP could engage , let say, the ping-pong coach from china, pay this alien handsome to train the local players, local ping-pong good players within a few years will realise.
Very Sad to say, the money from singapor pool and other govt sources is easy and huge to make, there is no pain giving out to foreigners to win an intangible glory.
Glory that yields no benefits to the peasants but only a pastime and excitement to the kings and queens is just a pretty veneer.

We are just deluding ourselves about winning a gold for singapor by imported talents when we do have a local choice.
The ping-pong final between china and china is indeed an abject national shame to the local singaporeans! And they cheer on, my god !

What happens to our sports school, is nurturing local talents are all the mouthing of platitudes by the ministers??
Does singapor really lack of sports talents? Is an olympic medal so important to PAP??

PAP establishment has failed the local talents a big time.

Now the more singapor needs a multi-party govt to really clean up the mess before it goes out of control!

Have you wondered why only sinkapor high-office civil servants are so free to travel to China when there are real issues in singapor to contradict with the policy makers !!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Time to import some foreign talent MPs.....juz give them citizenship like those Ping-pong ah tiongs - loyalty solved

You want Chen Shu Bian as PM?
He wouldn't mind moving to SG, it's be easier for him to manage his many sg bank accounts over here.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore need to realize that sports and sinkie don't mix :biggrin: :biggrin:

Indeed, in Singapore context, sports culture for singaporeans is still in its infancy.

The importance of a working career out weights a career in sports. Because a sports career in singapore gets you nowhere but misery with limited to no funding. Another factor is the mental maturity compare to the rest of the world.

Many of these so called top sports persons end up as air heads after wining a few SEA Games. Many can't perform in Major Games. Worst of all, in the influx of FT, they also can't raise the bar to a higher level in general; the FT has an edge to the local for not necessary outside singapore.

starless

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is wrong with you guys about the China born paddlers .... they are SG citizens now , so they have brought glory to SG. It is not that imported talents is only in SG .... do you all even watch the Olympics .... even when it is China against the Europen country, you see all Chinese faces ....

One more thing before you all act like somebody who dont know how to think for yourself and follow some stupid joker .... do you all even notice that the USA ger who beat China to the Individual gymnastics goal is Russian by birth and her father was actually a goal medalist for Gymnastics for Soviet Union ....

Wake up, this is time when people can move around and pledge themselves as a citizen of another country thoiugh they were not born there, just like a number of Sporeans, migrating overseas .... if you are the one migrating, will you wanna be treated as a citizen and represent them if given a chance ....

For bringing in the silver, I am really proud of them ....

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is wrong with you guys about the China born paddlers .... they are SG citizens now , so they have brought glory to SG. It is not that imported talents is only in SG .... do you all even watch the Olympics .... even when it is China against the Europen country, you see all Chinese faces ....

You are right, they are SG Citizens now; they made Singapore proud; but what makes you so certain they won't pack up and go a few years down the road when better opportunity knocks; like so many did in other sectors besides sports.

This is a proven track record for FT who comes here, gets their PR , gets naturalised and then migrate out . Its a phase they go through, none of them have the loyalty to the country or want to stay long. They are just mercenary of their fields.

The reason why these FT has been critised is that for a true blue Singapore; born and bred on local soil. Public can relate to the hardship of training and the jubilation of their winning. For a FT, public opinion is that its just a hired mercenary bought to do a job.

I believe many Singaporean shares the same view on this.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
For bringing in the silver, I am really proud of them ....

Your "pride" is misplaced buddy. Nobody should be proud of something that they put no effort in to achieve.

If have a medal in my sports cabinet. No it's not of the olympic variety of course. It was just a small race organised by a club but the fact remains that I trained hard for it and I suffered in order to get it. The others who took part in the race were no pushovers. They trained hard too and some of them were half my age. However, I still managed to beat all of them. That's what PRIDE is all about. Those who helped me achieve this were proud of me too as they played a part in my ultimate success in one way or another.

I could have gone to the local trophy store across the road and bought a medal 3 times the size. Would I have been proud of it? of course not. I didn't work for it and I put no effort into getting it. All it took was money. Would my friends have been PROUD of me for having a medal that I BOUGHT?? I sincerely doubt it. Why should they be.

When accomplished players which are a product of another country are PURCHASED from abroad and given fast track citizenship ahead of more deserving applicants, their achievements mean nothing simply because Singapore put no effort into honing their skills. The country simply bought them with $$$.

Whether or not the average American is proud of a former Russian is another issue. It all depends upon whether she was purchased by the USA to win medals or whether she emigrated to the USA because she wants to be a citizen of the land of the free.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is wrong with you guys about the China born paddlers .... they are SG citizens now , so they have brought glory to SG..
Two wrongs doesn't make one right, this is obviously a short cut to success...Sg shitizenshit, express shitizenshit, two of those prc whores were granted shitizenshit less then two years..what kind of message are we sending to our future young one, that it is ok to buy success...sure if they come young and are nurtured under the Singapore system..I wouldn't begrudge Tao Li becos she came up through the system...

the IOC should implement a ruling where naturalized shitizen should be a shitizen at least 5 years prior to been allow to take part in the Olympics...at least this is to ensure that players loyalty were not bought merely for the sake of taking part in the Olympics which honestly is beginning to look like a sham with professionals been allowed to take part too...what ever happen to the Olympics been strictly for the amateurs only?

Wake up, this is time when people can move around and pledge themselves as a citizen of another country thoiugh they were not born there, just like a number of Sporeans, migrating overseas .... if you are the one migrating, will you wanna be treated as a citizen and represent them if given a chance ....
have you ever seen our prc whore sing the national anthem? no!!! they can't even sing a single line.....especially that prc bitch Li Jia Wei, how many years has she already settled in? they never make an attempt to assimilate into our society, they are only here to make their millions and i bet when the day is done and over, they will just pack their bags and balik kampung, point to consider will they even consider representing this nation if there is no monetary gain except the word PRIDE for them if they win a medal?...over there they are just another insignificant digit but they come over knowing that here they will be worship like goddess...

MALULAH SINGAPURA!!!!

Last edited:

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote for truthfulness! Best thing I've read this morning!

It was nauseating to hear pple saying "finally after 48 years ONE OF OUR OWN won us another medal". Ptui!! They are NOT of our own. I was half-expecting them to sing the PRC anthem when it was played for the Gold medalists.

China Awesome Ping-Pong Team 1, China Traitors 0

Your "pride" is misplaced buddy. Nobody should be proud of something that they put no effort in to achieve.

If have a medal in my sports cabinet. No it's not of the olympic variety of course. It was just a small race organised by a club but the fact remains that I trained hard for it and I suffered in order to get it. The others who took part in the race were no pushovers. They trained hard too and some of them were half my age. However, I still managed to beat all of them. That's what PRIDE is all about. Those who helped me achieve this were proud of me too as they played a part in my ultimate success in one way or another.

I could have gone to the local trophy store across the road and bought a medal 3 times the size. Would I have been proud of it? of course not. I didn't work for it and I put no effort into getting it. All it took was money. Would my friends have been PROUD of me for having a medal that I BOUGHT?? I sincerely doubt it. Why should they be.

When accomplished players which are a product of another country are PURCHASED from abroad and given fast track citizenship ahead of more deserving applicants, their achievements mean nothing simply because Singapore put no effort into honing their skills. The country simply bought them with $$$.

Whether or not the average American is proud of a former Russian is another issue. It all depends upon whether she was purchased by the USA to win medals or whether she emigrated to the USA because she wants to be a citizen of the land of the free.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

This part need to ingrain to all sinkie mind.

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
easy come easy go. bros dont angst too much. the players get the money, they happy, Government also happy now they can boast a silver medal.

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think bill had a relatively easier time then his predecessor as he did not have any major issues to handle during his time...

Still must give him credit for managing a big country.

Further more he is not as expensive as the leader in some countries. :wink: