• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cost of living pushing up the Business Cost in Singapore ?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am just very fascinated that why Singapore gov always keep saying that Singapore's has one of the lowest Coporate tax and it will help SIngapore to attract more companies. They always say that there is a trend that Gov of other country is charging GST as an indirect tax to supplement the income of a country. ANd GST wil set to go up no matter what. (INfo from CNA interview with a guy from KPMG).

Since we have one of the most competitve econony in the world ( as we always see in the papers),our infrastructute is the best in the world, lowest corruption rate and Lowest Coporate tax rate in the world. Why is MNC leaving still leaving SIngapore in hordes, despite with tax break given out by EDB ? It shd be the othe way round, the MNC shd be rushing to come in HORDES to set up shop in Singapore. Why didnt the story go according to the script ?

I just saw the news with CNA, this AH NEH says that gov shd reduce the overall living cost to the citizen. Like GST , maid levy ...... etc etc .......
One ANG MO CEO interviewed say that the cost of doing business is far too high. If the cost of doing business is high, their HQ will eye Singapore for the chop 1st thing 1st.

From what i see , Singapore gov is quite reluctant to reduce cost of living of average SIngaporean. What the use of lowest income tax rate/coporate tax rate when the cost of doing business is shooting through the roof ? Even businesses are clamouring to cut down the GST more . Business are also saying that the direct and indirect tax is too high. If Coporate tax is so low and deemed as so attractive to a MNC by our Helicopter vision Goverment , why MNC is still leaving in HORDES ? Is our goverment still barking up at the wrong tree ?

For example Maid Levy, maid are brought in to take the ROLE of homemaker so that the woman can go out and work , while the maid do all the house work. But why the gov is charging $170 to $240 on maid levy every month? They shd in fact scrap the maid levy altogether or charge a symbolic amount.

If Town Council can afford to lose several million without twitching an eye lid , i don think we need to pay $50 over for conservancy charges. In fact , they are over charging us.

If OUR SWF can invest over S$30 Billion in buying foreign banks and losing 90% of the total value they invested in just a few months. I think the $20.5 Billion for a country is just not "DECISIVE" enough.

If our little country need more then S$10 Billion of budget just to buy weapons and pay the BGs and scholar , i think we need to look at Israel. They are spending only US15 billion a yr on military. But you cant blame them , they need to go to war any time. But Singapore , going to war ? .......... i just cant fanthom if my Minister and all the FAT BGs will run road will all the million he has accumulated over the yrs. Will they risk their life for the nation ? The whole concept of National Service must be rethink !!!!!!!!!!

If HDB can build Real SUBSIDISE flat for the own ppl , we would not have run into such a real problem now. After all , the land acquired at $10 is in the name of NATIION BUILDING. If pricing of a NEW SUBSIDISE FLAT at 200k to 500k and expect us to earn $800 per month and expect us to compete with the CHEAP LABOUR. We are really on the losing ground. How can we compete ? Is HDB and the whole govt machinery benefitting at the expenses of its own citizen ?

Yes , gov can bring in all the "FAKE TALENT TO SUPPRESS the wages" of local. But that is as good as betraying SIngaporean. The pple who has elected them to lead the country. That is at the expense of the welfare of its own ppl. There is a limit this little island can take , how many fake talent they can absorb. They cant be always thinking that local wage can be suppress in this manner. Something got to give in the end . Unfortunately , it the Singaporean local born Worker ALL the time. These things has not yet break the camel's back, but i think it will be soon ............

All i can see is that , Singapore gov is half hearted in helping their own ppl. What GST credit can help ? I just cant fanthom. They seems more intrested in retaining the MNC , but MNC is not biting at all.